Club Statement

24 minutes ago, torres said:

It’s like 2 drunk women having a fight 

You know both are in the wrong, both are slightly clueless, it should never have come to this, it’s uncomfortable to witness but it’s a little bit funny and you cheer on your wife with all your might!!!

come on Wednesday 

It tells you something when this is some of the best tactical analysis I've ever read on OT........ lol

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Rhubarb n Custard said:

If the EFL have effectively sanctioned the clubs actions then presumably they are on thin ice legally. 

If we have solid evidence would/could this go to the high court? 

Can't imagine either party wanting that end game if chips were stacked heavily against them. 

That's the crux of the matter.

From what I recall, the EFL suggested that new documents had come to light. 

Just now, SallyCinnamon said:

This.

I’ve said from the start. The EFL would not have charged us unless they’re 100% certain we’re guilty. Their reputation is at stake here. We win this and they’re laughing stock and it sets a precedent for other clubs to challenge them. 

They would have made absolutely sure their case holds up. Now the fact they refuse to even acknowledge are claims confirms my belief. 

How is that a fact?

Mk was just providing his opinion?

Live game on the TV on Sunday, maybe a few chants of our thoughts directed at the EFL? How about

You can shove the EFL up your @rse

You can shove the EFL

Shove the EFL

Shove the EFL up your @rse (sideways)

Might not achieve anything but will make us all feel better!

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

Youve just given me fond memories from many years back young un ....

I knew a chappie who was married to a Welsh lady whom I'd been introduced to, and my word beautiful wasnt enough to describe her..

He was punching way way high ...(he was an Army featherweight champion boxer) thats how I knew him through the boxing..

Then one evening strolling past the "place to be seen club" I encountered an "Orgreavesque" scenario where at least 8 male policeman were struggling to contain this very Welsh Beauty into the Paddy Wagon parked outside ...

The sight of 3 or 4 chin strapped bobbies with their noses spread across their faces told me that good looks in a women weren't an essential quality to aspire to....WTF:

Chin strapped tho..

:duntmatter:

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, SiJ said:

It appears that the EFL are pressing onto the independent panel and will do so despite our threats.

Did people honestly expect them to just back down?

As they have showed with Bury, Bolton and so forth.,they're not ones for backing down.

Whether that means we have no case only time will tell.

Sue em anyway, high court in May.

Delay, delay delay....like mp's do

Oops...second thoughts

3 minutes ago, SiJ said:

The matter is referred to an independent panel so I have no idea how you or any of the other doomongers are able to assume that the punishment is already decided. 

Are they truly independent though ?

How can you be independent ruling on someone else’s rules ?

4 minutes ago, hugeowl said:

Or that this is our ball game and we will play it our way until someone can prove we can’t 

Yep the impact on the EFL if a court says erm no chaps you cannot be judge and jury 

Though the Club still has the right of appeal to any punishment it must be remembered

Are ee are just trying to brow beat them into not doing the disciplinary or as a trade off we only get a slapped wrist because we could really screw up your ability to run the League

2 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

I never said it was fact. I just agree with his opinion. But I’m convinced this doesn’t end well for us. The statement sounded desperate to me. 

Really?

It is statement.

Reading way too much into it. This will run and run. 

3 minutes ago, SiJ said:

We are 100 percent guilty...but the sale was originally approved as were the accounts. 

Maybe should have phrased it better. I highly doubt the EFL would have charged us if they weren’t 100% sure of wrongdoing. I also think the fact we’ve been punished but Derby and Reading haven’t speaks volumes. Suggests to me they have something they can go at us for, whereas they don’t for those two clubs. 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Lyndon said:

Live game on the TV on Sunday, maybe a few chants of our thoughts directed at the EFL? How about

You can shove the EFL

Shove the EFL

Shove the EFL up your @rse (sideways)

Might not achieve anything but will make us all feel better!

Kinell, another one that might just catch on :ghoulguy:

1 minute ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Maybe should have phrased it better. I highly doubt the EFL would have charged us if they weren’t 100% sure of wrongdoing. I also think the fact we’ve been punished but Derby and Reading haven’t speaks volumes. Suggests to me they have something they can go at us for, whereas they don’t for those two clubs. 

Our issue is over the potential backdating.

With Reading and Derby it is to do with the stadium valuation only.

The crux of the matter is whether we were give some sort of approval by the EFL and, if so, the reasons for why they reneged on that. 

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

This.

I’ve said from the start. The EFL would not have charged us unless they’re 100% certain we’re guilty. Their reputation is at stake here. We win this and they’re laughing stock and it sets a precedent for other clubs to challenge them. 

They would have made absolutely sure their case holds up. Now the fact they refuse to even acknowledge are claims confirms my belief. 

The police must be right every time they charge someone then? 

It's not for me, you, or the EFL to decide if we're guilty or not.

Just now, TINKERBELL said:

Right let's say this runs and runs and we get promoted like villa did with similar circumstances. Are we untouchable like them because of the premier league. 

No.

They would just wait like they did with QPR.