Not bad considering we finished with 9 men

Yes 9. We'd be better off with Murphy in the stands. Offers nothing, no desire, no workrate, no quality and shows no interest. Beggars belief how he went for big money, clearly rock bottom confidence currently but we can't afford to keep carrying him. Feel quite embarassed watching him he's so bad.

I've backed Oddjob before but another piece of dodgy defending, letting their attacker get goal side. When are the errors going to be rectified? Then to get sent off rubbed salt in the wounds, Palmer can come back in at least.

Made zero sense the Harris for Murphy swap, unless he had a knock? We had no one to carry the ball forward after, hopefully lesson learned that Harris needs to play. 

Murphy needs flogging back to Newcastle in Jan, and get someone in who can actually make an impact!

21 minutes ago, erowl said:

Murphy is really poor.

And then we have our 6' 6" striker who somehow manages to shrink to 5' 11" when he goes for a header.

We're carrying some sh*te.

I've seen bannan beat nuhiu to a header in training 

Turns slower than life long milk 

• Haha 4

Thought Rhodes was largely anonymous on his first start in ages too. Tries hard enough but his legs have gone and there is just little remaining now apart from a possible goal poacher (which even that looks questionable now). Can't blame Monk for giving him a start but he really hasn't shown anything to keep his place. He passed the ball more to the opposition than team mates.

Can't see how we'll get anything for him in Jan though, so probably stuck with him. One atrocious signing has had such catastophic consequences.

Edited by swfc-dan

8 minutes ago, swfc-dan said:

One atrocious signing has had such catastophic consequences.

"No. No. NO... I'm not having that.." as the major said to the American visitor to Fawlty towers at Torquay, who said it was the worst run hotel.. . And went on to add "there's a place at Eastbourne..... 

But I give you Abdi as anology in football terms 

• Haha 3

Not bad with 9 men? wasn't it 8 men and a 6ft odd wardrobe? 

The squad needs quite bit of work for sure but the substitute options tonight were very wrong and Monks game management must be questioned. This has happened far too many times recently to be bad luck.

Guest Kagoshimaowl
3 hours ago, erowl said:

Murphy is really poor.

And then we have our 6' 6" striker who somehow manages to shrink to 5' 11" when he goes for a header.

We're carrying some sh*te.

Blaming Nuhiu again and he was only on the pitch 12 minutes. Ridiculous!

Athe has to take his share of the responsibility, he may have been on the pitch a short time but he was so ineffective it’s unreal, he was put on to hold the ball up but was miles off the pace.

monk got the subs wrong big time, I’d love to know why Winnal doesn’t even make the bench, he’s got to be better than Athe, 

very disappointing 2nd half but praise for an excellent 1st half

1 hour ago, thekimmyowl said:

Athe has to take his share of the responsibility, he may have been on the pitch a short time but he was so ineffective it’s unreal, he was put on to hold the ball up but was miles off the pace.

monk got the subs wrong big time, I’d love to know why Winnal doesn’t even make the bench, he’s got to be better than Athe, 

Hes not better though is he.

3 hours ago, thekimmyowl said:

Nuhiu making the bench is not the issue, last night he was way off the pace but there are times when he comes of the bench and makes a positive impact on the game.

The issue is lack of other options. Were crying out for some pace from the bench. Someone like Joao. No I am not saying we shouldn't have sold him but he would have made a difference this year. That's what we need to look for in jan. Our attacking subs are just not good enough in Murphy Rhodes/Nuhiu/Winnall.

13 hours ago, swfc-dan said:

Yes 9. We'd be better off with Murphy in the stands. Offers nothing, no desire, no workrate, no quality and shows no interest. Beggars belief how he went for big money, clearly rock bottom confidence currently but we can't afford to keep carrying him. Feel quite embarassed watching him he's so bad.

I've backed Oddjob before but another piece of dodgy defending, letting their attacker get goal side. When are the errors going to be rectified? Then to get sent off rubbed salt in the wounds, Palmer can come back in at least.

Made zero sense the Harris for Murphy swap, unless he had a knock? We had no one to carry the ball forward after, hopefully lesson learned that Harris needs to play. 

Murphy needs flogging back to Newcastle in Jan, and get someone in who can actually make an impact!

Spot on. Harris had just beaten two men, then got subbed. He still looked like he had the legs, and Murphy clearly doesn't, even after sitting on the bench all game! Rather have Luongo on, and to hell with the wing.

Talk of the poor substitutions is unfair.  Firstly Monk has a squad he reckons is unbalanced and is working with a hand he was dealt. Secondly, what is clearly a disadvantage over the thinking of many Owlstalk contributors, is Monk has to look ahead to the next match(es).  I dont think anyone could see Derby scoring if they were there all night and only managed it through a dodgy decision. Therefore protecting 2 important players for the next match made sense at the time.

If we are still in touch with the playoffs by January and are about to change the squad (in and out) he will have done a very creditable job

On 11/12/2019 at 21:56, swfc-dan said:

Both Fletch & Harris have been ever present and hardly missed a game for us as we head into the busy chrimbo schedule, Fletch especially looked knackered. 

Monk is probably at the moment praying that by giving the likes of Rhodes, Nuhiu, odd-job and Murphy game time that they step up and earn their crust, prove he can actually depend up on them and contribute positively to our season.

That way he can rest some of the ever present....... 

Problem is they did what they've done all season so far and let monk and us down again!!!