Odubajo

7 hours ago, mattitheowl said:

It was never a pen but he's so naive it's unreal.  His sending off proved that.  

He's single handedly cost us at least 3 points this season.  

I'd have Iorfa at right back, Lees and Borner in the middle.

If we'd have played Iorfa, Lees, Boner, Fox in defence we'd have won that game.

Should be our first choice defence for rest of season - unless Penney is back for second half of season.  Palmer did look good at LB first few games tho....

• Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, DuttyTeabags said:

If we'd have played Iorfa, Lees, Boner, Fox in defence we'd have won that game.

Should be our first choice defence for rest of season - unless Penney is back for second half of season.  Palmer did look good at LB first few games tho....

Just put Palmer back in?!

This isn’t rocket science 

Odubajo actually conceded us a goal last week by not marking tight enough on his defender - he’s cost us another yesterday and almost a point by getting sent off, another ten mins in that game and we would’ve been done.

Palmer is head and shoulders better than him defensively until we have a better solution there - if he had done what Odubajo had done this season he would have been lynched on here

• Haha 1

I think he's awful.

3 pens given away this season, brainless defending for Swansea goal and always needs Iorfa to bail him out.

Pen or no pen last night I'm not sure what he was trying to do, he could have easily got to the ball first and cleared it!

League two standard at best!

Edited by jonnyowl
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, doubled123456 said:

I can't understand you having so many -ve's. He's totally useless.

Clueless fans

Same fans despise Palmer and also want to move Iorfa back to RB despite him having an absolute stormer at CB and now being touted for a 15m plus move - yeah let’s shift him out to RB......stupid.

• Haha 1

I didn’t think he played that bad last night, certainly not as bad as some folk on here are making out. And using the penalty as a stick to beat him with is harsh, it’s quite clearly not a penalty. 

That said he has had a poor start to his career at Wednesday overall, and right now that’s why  Palmer should be first choice

Guest wilyfox

Debatable pen. Didn't think it was. Neither player had possession. Both competing, Odubajo used his strength. Soft.

Annoyed with him for the sending off though. Checking their player when he's already on a yellow was stupid. Could have cost us the game at the end down to ten. 

10 hours ago, TodwickOwl said:

Absolute useless donkey 

Complete calamity in defence - that’s the third penalty he’s given away this year. 

Palmer back in now

Whilst I agree I think the team is stronger with Palmer,

i cant criticise him for the penalty because it wasn’t a penalty, the ref had a good game up to then!!!!! Terrible decision 

It wasn’t a penalty but it was a definite sending off. 

I don’t rate him at all. Only seen fleeting moments since he has come to the club. I would put Liam Palmer back in at right back. Whilst Palmers form has dipped over the last 6 weeks or so, he is a better player and more importantly defends better.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, jonnyowl said:

I think he's awful.

3 pens given away this season, brainless defending for Swansea goal and always needs Iorfa to bail him out.

Pen or no pen last night I'm not sure what he was trying to do, he could have easily got to the ball first and cleared it!

League two standard at best!

Moses Odubajo:

120+ Championship appearances, including a full season during a campaign that resulted in promotion to the Premier League 

~100 League One appearance, including a full season during a campaign that got to the play-off finals

Jonnyowl: "He's LeAguE TwO StAnDaRd At BeSt"

Look, I've been saying he's defensively suspect since the day we signed him, and I too have been very disappointed with his lack of much going forward... but "League Two standard at best" when you look at the level he's played at, and indeed excelled in being part of good squad at levels much higher than Leahue Two, is such a demonstrably daft statement.

1 hour ago, TodwickOwl said:

Clueless fans

Same fans despise Palmer and also want to move Iorfa back to RB despite him having an absolute stormer at CB and now being touted for a 15m plus move - yeah let’s shift him out to RB......stupid.

Oh the absolute irony …… calling fans clueless and stupid whilst advocating the return of the woeful Palmer ahead of a back 4 of Iorfa, Borner, Lees & Fox 

9 hours ago, SiJ said:

He's a complete liability. 

Takes too many touches and always looks like he's going to make an error. 

Think I've made my mind up: 

He isn't good enough. 

I think he’s good enough, but I think there’s just air in that head of his.

He needs a strong lesson on discipline and game management 

7 hours ago, SiJ said:

You seriously going to sit there and suggest that Palmer isn't the best option at RB right now? 

Do us a favour and lay off the crack. 

Iorfa is literally head and shoulders above any other RB at the club.

To suggest otherwise would indicate more than McRightside has substance abuse issues!

10 hours ago, TodwickOwl said:

Give it a rest

Arms all over him in box And leaning in - it’s not first time he’s done it and he’s got away with it in past 

He looks prone to doing it every single time - nightmare at the back, no confidence 

I assume you’ve painted your eyes on? 

He clearly can play there successfully as he got promoted to the PL playing there predominantly at RB for Hull. Something is not quite right though as he's not the same player he was. Whether that's a confidence thing or how he's being asked to play that just doesn't suit his style.

I'd give him a spell on the bench for the time being. When we are a goal up in games he could come on to replace a wide midfielder to try and solidify the midfield. He still has a role to play, just not first choice currently.