Odubajo

One of the first home games of the season the guy in the next seat said to me. ‘Odubajo worries me, always looks like there’s a bad mistake in him’

As the season wears on he’s sadly proving to be correct. Looks good going forward at times but his defending is scary especially at set pieces where he tends to hold and grapple his opponent. He is surely more suited to playing wing back, but as part of a back four his first responsibility is to defend.

22 minutes ago, TodwickOwl said:

You have negged every post mate in here that says bring Palmber back in whilst 99% of everyone in this thread thinks Odubajo isn’t good enough 

And how many more times - Iorfa is NOT an option at right back when he’s having season of his life at CB. Why would you shuffle the pack - even Monk has said he isn’t moving him. Is there anything upstairs with you?! 

by the way woeful Palmer has been part of a defence that is still In the top 5 defences in the league - must be terrible eh?

I honestly believe a back 4 of Iorfa, Lees, Borner & Fox is our best when everyone’s available!

You however, in your infinite wisdom would prefer to see a fully fit Lees or Borner occupy a place on the bench to accommodate Palmer?

Hahaha anything upstairs?

6 minutes ago, Blatter said:

One of the first home games of the season the guy in the next seat said to me. ‘Odubajo worries me, always looks like there’s a bad mistake in him’

As the season wears on he’s sadly proving to be correct. Looks good going forward at times but his defending is scary especially at set pieces where he tends to hold and grapple his opponent. He is surely more suited to playing wing back, but as part of a back four his first responsibility is to defend.

You didn’t have to wait for those early games, the evidence was there during his time at Brentford. I was happy to add him to the squad, as a utility player, who might cover several positions, but I cautioned those who were suggesting he’d be our first choice right back

26 minutes ago, casbahowl said:

You don’t think a Lees/ Borner pairing at centre back to be good enough?

We should leave one of them on the bench to accommodate Palmer?

Cracking idea

Yeah, you hate Palmer, we get it.

12 hours ago, Lawrie Madden said:

He did nowt wrong there he was shielding the ball away 

Never a penalty 

12 hours ago, latemodelchild said:

Never a penalty. Their player pulled him down. poo ref. 

12 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

Never a penalty

12 hours ago, folger said:

Never a penalty but he would not get near any other championship team he's an absolute donkey a poor mans Reda minus the goals.

12 hours ago, Beany71 said:

Never a penalty but he is a poor defender.

12 hours ago, erowl said:

Never a pen but Odubajo has form ... Is that 4 penalty decisions he's been involved in this season?

12 hours ago, mattitheowl said:

It was never a pen but he's so naive it's unreal.  His sending off proved that.  

12 hours ago, Kanye West said:

Never a pen but Odubajo is a total liability. 

11 hours ago, Derbyshireowl3 said:

It was never a pen, but he’s definitely a liability. He makes to many mistakes and can’t control a bag of cement. If he wasn’t fast he’d be working at Tesco’s 

11 hours ago, full fathom five said:

Never a penalty but he is poo

monk.png.9a6cdf67a7265d99dfa414d0cb4cb2c9.png

• Haha 1

odubajo is known to be poor at defending ,he is suited to playing wing back and maybe as a right winger further forward . he is a total liability at right back at least 6 goals this season are down to him he has given away I think 4 pens 2 at preston . I don't rate palmer that highly but he has to start on Saturday and get borner back in(no idea how the player of season suddenly is benched the guy is a class act) he has played less than half the games too odubajo so over a full 46 games he just on his own could concede 10 pens at least. 1st thing a right back has to do is defend properly he cant ,going forward class player. 

So, if both Palmer and Odubajo are out of favour, and we don't take a CB in RB position... what are the chances we could give Ashley Baker a run?

Sensible lad, lacks 1st team experience but would be time to let him get that now, compared to Odubajo he cannot be _that_ bad, plus he's a local lad and deserves another shot, right?

With Iorfa to provide cover like he's already been doing for Odubajo, any reason why we wouldn't take a chance on him, he's a proper full back.

If Palmer is actually injured, I'd hope for Monk to give him a shot soon, maybe already v Forest this Saturday if we don't have other options.

Edited by N0rtherner

2 minutes ago, SiJ said:

But rich considering how you act over Chansiri. 

Hahaha what a strange comment 

You haven’t answered the original question.....

Are you happy for one of a fully fit Lees or Borner to be on the bench to accommodate a starting position for Palmer?

2 hours ago, SiJ said:

Yeah, you hate Palmer, we get it.

He might, but I don’t. I rate Liam.

However, when he’s out, Iorfa-Lees-Borner-Fox is our best back four imo.

I think it probable that it’s our best back four even when a Liam is available.

Its a team game, so pick the best back four, not the best individual.

From what Ive seen of Dom on and off the field he is a pro. I’m sure if Monk explained it’s best for the team Dom would get on with it admirably.

20 minutes ago, casbahowl said:

Hahaha what a strange comment 

You haven’t answered the original question.....

Are you happy for one of a fully fit Lees or Borner to be on the bench to accommodate a starting position for Palmer?

It isn't a strange comment. 

You lambast and pretty much cry when anyone criticises Chansiri are going on one of your little negging sprees. 

I remain of the view that Iorfa should remain as a CB and be partnered with either Lees or Borner. Palmer is a perfectly fine RB. 

Not quite sure how you didn't manage to work that our from my previous posts. 

Ta. 

He's been in for four games and we've conceded four, let's have a look at those goals.

He was marking the Birmingham player who scored.

He was left for dead by the Charlton winger who set up their goal.

He was marking the Brentford player who scored.

He conceded the penalty against Derby. 

Draw your own conclusions from the above information.

31 minutes ago, SiJ said:

It isn't a strange comment. 

You lambast and pretty much cry when anyone criticises Chansiri are going on one of your little negging sprees. 

I remain of the view that Iorfa should remain as a CB and be partnered with either Lees or Borner. Palmer is a perfectly fine RB. 

Not quite sure how you didn't manage to work that our from my previous posts. 

Ta. 

Hahaha stop being so precious......

so for clarity your quite happy to sacrifice Lees or Borner & the good of the team as a whole to accommodate your hero? ....... priceless 

1 minute ago, casbahowl said:

Hahaha stop being so precious......

so for clarity your quite happy to sacrifice Lees or Borner & the good of the team as a whole to accommodate your hero? ....... priceless 

No, you utter cretin. 

I'm not willing to move Iorfa from CB where he is excelling. 

9 minutes ago, SiJ said:

No, you utter cretin. 

I'm not willing to move Iorfa from CB where he is excelling. 

Utter cretin eh ...... well done lol

so It’s more important in the flower and unicorn utopia of Sij world to have either Lees or Borner on the bench and play Palmer under any circumstances...... hahaha