Odubajo

We can blame him all day, however it should not have been an issue, we should have been well ahead by that stage. 

Plenty of chances, plenty of misses, should have been game over.

Oh well, back to the basics, get in front and flipping manage the game to its conclusion. Oh and win!

First off, it was never a penalty, if anything Odubajo was fouled so don’t think he deserves criticism for that.

Up until now I had reserved judgement, I hoped my initial concerns at some poor defending would be offset by his attacking qualities.  I know it’s still early days, but those attacking qualities have still to reveal themselves, and the defending remains terrible.  On balance I think I’m going with the view that he can’t defend, can’t offer much going forward and has to be dropped. 

We so desperately need a new right back (maybe try Iorfa?) and if any business is possible in January I might even prioritise this over a central striker with a bit of pace.

Just now, Joe Jockstrap said:

We can blame him all day, however it should not have been an issue, we should have been well ahead by that stage. 

Plenty of chances, plenty of misses, should have been game over.

Oh well, back to the basics, get in front and flipping manage the game to its conclusion. Oh and win!

When you’re given a final warning you don’t go and do what you did in last few minutes 

Put the whole game at risk 

It’s one thing missing a chance than it is being a stupid thick t**t and diving in twice and getting sent off the second time

Just now, Steve Down South said:

First off, it was never a penalty, if anything Odubajo was fouled so don’t think he deserves criticism for that.

Up until now I had reserved judgement, I hoped my initial concerns at some poor defending would be offset by his attacking qualities.  I know it’s still early days, but those attacking qualities have still to reveal themselves, and the defending remains terrible.  On balance I think I’m going with the view that he can’t defend, can’t offer much going forward and has to be dropped. 

We so desperately need a new right back (maybe try Iorfa?) and if any business is possible in January I might even prioritise this over a central striker with a bit of pace.

He deserves criticism because he just isn’t a clever defender

He absolutely screams being a clumsy footballer - his whole demeanour is all over shop when close to a player, arms all over, gets beat easy and is then recovering and putting arms all over and pulling 

He just doesn’t act like a defender at all - it’s no surprise he’s given THREE penalties away this year. He looks like he’s all over a player when he may actually not, zero intelligence l

He basically didn’t try to play the ball. Fox was covering him so he should have gone towards the ball rather than get involved with the man. A soft penalty but can see why ref gave it. He’s not a defender thats for sure. Doesn’t look like anyone has ever got hold of him and shown him either. Poor.

9 minutes ago, S72 Owl said:

I think we might be better off using him a cover for the wings. Think he would offer more than Harris out wide. Plus it keeps him away from our box.

I saw him play a few good games for Brentford, as a fetcher and carrier in midfield

5 minutes ago, TodwickOwl said:

He deserves criticism because he just isn’t a clever defender

He absolutely screams being a clumsy footballer - his whole demeanour is all over shop when close to a player, arms all over, gets beat easy and is then recovering and putting arms all over and pulling 

He just doesn’t act like a defender at all - it’s no surprise he’s given THREE penalties away this year. He looks like he’s all over a player when he may actually not, zero intelligence l

I stand by fact that it wasn’t a penalty, but agree with vast majority of your comments.