Atmosphere

Heard a little bit of noise for 15 mins after we scored first....

When will we get behind them all game? A continued run in playoffs? Or has the off the field news just kicked us all down and we can’t get any enthusiasm going? 

Nearly every team has sang is this a library since they’ve come this season ...

I think the fans have just gotten too used to the ‘formula’

players come out... band bang drum

players do handshakes and wait for players to run towards the Kop half for applause 

Team read out and Hi Ho Silver Lining Starts

Band join in, even though we have music,

so 9 times out of 10, half of the kop is clapping out of time to the rest of the stand eventually messing up the song 

Team get a corner - sing song A or B 

Team score - band play Aida even though half of the crowd are singing the goal scorers name 

Fans try to sing anything different that’s not in accordance with the above formula and most people are just confused so sit in silence 

Its too ‘samey’

14 minutes ago, TodwickOwl said:

Heard a little bit of noise for 15 mins after we scored first....

When will we get behind them all game? A continued run in playoffs? Or has the off the field news just kicked us all down and we can’t get any enthusiasm going? 

Nearly every team has sang is this a library since they’ve come this season ...

Not sure we are that different to anyone else. I don't go to many away games thinking that the atmosphere is fantastic from the home support. 

It was better at Hillsborough the first 2 seasons under Carlos, 1st season was built on it being a bit unexpected and a refreshing change and 2nd season we turned up expecting to win a fair few games. 

Guest Ferkorf

Can probably count on 1 hand the decent atmospheres we have had at Hillsborough over the last 10 years

Wycombe

Brighton

Arsenal

Pigs 2012

44 minutes ago, owls maniac said:

We need to try something new. The match day experience has gone very stale. 

Certainly time we explored a singing section. Loads of clubs have tried it and on the whole they’ve been effective. 

Best thing is loads of our fans say other clubs are tinpot yet clubs like Huddersfield and Reading are arguably louder than us at home nowadays. 

1 hour ago, james o connor said:

Dilapidated old ground that’s half full . Never gonna be good for atmosphere  

That same ground has been rocking easily.

It's age is nothing to do with it, but maybe your agenda for calling it "Dilapidated" does have a meaning.

49 minutes ago, Ferkorf said:

Can probably count on 1 hand the decent atmospheres we have had at Hillsborough over the last 10 years

Wycombe

Brighton

Arsenal

Pigs 2012

To be fair the same goes for most clubs in terms of those really really special atmospheres. Obviously very few clubs have sensational atmospheres for normal games. It'd just be nice to have a semi constant chanting area that can keep us going all game. Abroad I suppose you'd call that 'ultras'. 

52 minutes ago, Ferkorf said:

Wycombe

Brighton

Arsenal

Pigs 2012

I remember taking my farther in law to a game recently (ok not THAT recently) - he's a blade but has a soft spot for Aston Villa - so I spent the cash and paid for him to go that game, I think Forestieri scored before he went on hiatus.  

He commented the atmosphere was something we had better then they had at the lane, and we'd always had that over then them.   He's nearly 60 and I don't think he's missed a home game for them since his early teens.

Edited by Salmonbones

Its the same everwhere..Hillsborough is magical when it gets going...

Its always the same "Cart before the horse" argument...

Should the crowd get the players going?...or Vice versa?

After 2 decades of disappointment..I would say it was down to the players...

They have only been here a relatively short time...The fans have had this for a mainly quarter of a lifetime now.

Its going to have an effect....

Ive been on the Kop for 60 years now....and what you need at Hillsborough is a party or a funeral to get the crowd going...

A bad ref decision....a goal... a bad tackle...owt

Once we go on a run...in with a chance..or on the other hand, facing relegation..The crowd responds...The rest of the time...The players have to do it..

Its the same most everywhere...outside the clubs that "Expect " to win...

I remember being at Old Trafford, when e won 2-0...think it was a Sterland pen game...when you would have honestly thought there were only Owls fans there...

Ive been to anfield when we lost 3 or 4-0 and would have thought that there were only Wednesday fans there.

Hard times may well be coming...See what happens

• Like 2