Atmosphere

44 minutes ago, owls maniac said:

We don’t do anything any more. Kids for a quid, bring a mate etc 

There just seems to be no creative thinking at the club right now. Like we are just ticking over. It’s no wonder that apathy is being expressed in the ground. 

I should think that the club have known about the gathering storm long before we did and have been occupied with that..

2 hours ago, nilsson said:

It was £30 for non members. How many members do we have? I’d be surprised if it’s more than a thousand.

If we’re looking to get the atmosphere and crowds back you need to look past the prices for season tickets and members or it’s just the same 22k home fans at every game.

The newest stand with the best facilities is the south stand. So why don’t we use it’s full capacity? We price the south stand like we don’t actually want to fill it

Exactly this. 100% agree.

Quite frankly, us non-season ticket holders are getting well and truly fleeced. 

Ive been to one home game this season and that was against Swansea. My ticket was £43. What a criminal price, particularly so considering the opposition. 

I couldn’t stop thinking about how exploited I felt. So much so, I haven’t gone to any home games since. And I honestly can’t see myself going again this season. 

Guest Grez Bez
2 hours ago, nilsson said:

It was £30 for non members. How many members do we have? I’d be surprised if it’s more than a thousand.

If we’re looking to get the atmosphere and crowds back you need to look past the prices for season tickets and members or it’s just the same 22k home fans at every game.

The newest stand with the best facilities is the south stand. So why don’t we use it’s full capacity? We price the south stand like we don’t actually want to fill it

That's a really good point.

How do remove the negative image of the South stand? IE it's the old duffers stand with no atmosphere!

22 minutes ago, BingleyOwl said:

Exactly this. 100% agree.

Quite frankly, us non-season ticket holders are getting well and truly fleeced. 

Ive been to one home game this season and that was against Swansea. My ticket was £43. What a criminal price, particularly so considering the opposition. 

I couldn’t stop thinking about how exploited I felt. So much so, I haven’t gone to any home games since. And I honestly can’t see myself going again this season. 

I've stopped too. 

I love the game, find the premier league fascinating but there's just no buzz at Hillsborough, despite the league position. 

I haven't got any season ticket holders or potg fans running upto me saying "did you see you this, did you see that" 

We're in the reality era, cursed by social media to make every penny count and pics of half empty football grounds dont look appealling to anyone.

4 hours ago, Anlaby Owl said:

I suppose the real marker for how expensive it is, is the prices charged by other clubs.  I have other interests aside from football and the price overall between them is about the same as football.  I can't really stretch my finances to any of these at the moment but that doesn't mean that football is expensive, it just means my disposable income is nearly none existent.  When i was a teenager and didn't have a mortgage, bills etc, it was comparatively much greater.  Mine won't be a popular opinion but personally, although prohibitive for me, i don't think the prices at hilsborough are significantly greater than in 1990 when you think the price of a pint was about 80p.

Beer became £1 a pint in my local in 1990.

Pay on the day on the kop was £5 , 90/91 season. No membership fee just turn up pay your five pints of beer, my local today is £3.20 per pint so £16 would be about right.

Btw I had a season ticket on the kop that season it cost £74 for 23 second division games £3.22 per match ie 3 pints and a bag of crisps.

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, bigash_swfc said:

I've stopped too. 

I love the game, find the premier league fascinating but there's just no buzz at Hillsborough, despite the league position. 

I haven't got any season ticket holders or potg fans running upto me saying "did you see you this, did you see that" 

We're in the reality era, cursed by social media to make every penny count and pics of half empty football grounds dont look appealling to anyone.

My thoughts exactly.

And do you know the thing that really tears me up - Knowing that the Club is doing it’s upmost to not attract the fans of tomorrow. How stupid is this concept. We will lose support to Sheff Utd.

You’ve got a progressive Club across the other side of the city. A club that is in the Premier League and charges very fair ticket prices and is getting good healthy attendances. I have no doubt that if we continue to charge through the nose for match day tickets, we will lose out on future fans in the local area. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, BingleyOwl said:

My thoughts exactly.

And do you know the thing that really tears me up - Knowing that the Club is doing it’s upmost to not attract the fans of tomorrow. How stupid is this concept. We will lose support to Sheff Utd.

You’ve got a progressive Club across the other side of the city. A club that is in the Premier League and charges very fair ticket prices and is getting good healthy attendances. I have no doubt that if we continue to charge through the nose for match day tickets, we will lose out on future fans in the local area. 

One thing about our ticket prices is that though they are expensive for adults for young uns no one should complain, match day prices are cheap and season tickets are next to nowt. 

And by the way pigs are charging very similar prices to us this season. 

So they should get big attendances, it's premier league, we'd be getting same or even more in there position. 

20 hours ago, Animis said:

And yet it was used for semi-finals; final replays and big SWFC games for over a decade after 89. I suggest if it wasn't for the on-going inquiries and media coverage throughout the 2000s I don't think we'd be subject to the ongoing intense and unfair attention 

I agree the continual stirring of the pot has done the club harm, no doubt.

but like it or not 'that catastrophic event' has to be taken into account, and will be. 

with recommendations coming in from SAG/SYP/SCC etc. who is going to stick their head up far enough to turn the tide and allow a situation where 'more' people and from opposing sides are allowed on the leppings lane end of the ground?

as soon as the first thing went wrong, the press would be all over it, and the outcry would be 'which p***ock sanctioned that?'.

it maybe that the LL end turnstiles for the north 'could' be used again in the future, but the occupation of the lower LL end is only a wild dream.

also why would the club want to go to the cost of altering the n/w corner and LL end to get it's 20,000 gate into it's already half empty ground?

18 hours ago, We'llNeverBeMastered said:

Most other clubs in this league stand up behind one goal, not us though. I'd absolutely love for the kop to be stood up all game every game.

'our kop' are the cheapest seats in the house, and thus the kop is correctly used for those wanting the most 'bang for their buck'.

whilst families are parking their arses in seats throughout the kop it will likely be 'the family stand' and not this 'cauldron of ultra's noise' that some of you wildly dream of.

18 hours ago, owls maniac said:

We don’t do anything any more. Kids for a quid, bring a mate etc 

There just seems to be no creative thinking at the club right now. Like we are just ticking over. It’s no wonder that apathy is being expressed in the ground. 

it's badly run on a number of fronts.

17 hours ago, Costello 77 said:

I should think that the club have known about the gathering storm long before we did and have been occupied with that..

Just now, dorian gray said:

it's badly run on a number of fronts.

the prices went up from nigh on the beginning.

IF they'd considered the ffp 4 years ago then they could have done something about the spending.

we had the makings of a decent team when dc came here, that and management were torn apart to build up a costly, over complex. limited reward, short term side.

now the piper has to be paid.

14 hours ago, BingleyOwl said:

My thoughts exactly.

a club in decline????