Atmosphere

1 hour ago, TodwickOwl said:

Heard a little bit of noise for 15 mins after we scored first....

When will we get behind them all game? A continued run in playoffs? Or has the off the field news just kicked us all down and we can’t get any enthusiasm going? 

Nearly every team has sang is this a library since they’ve come this season ...

So stop whining and do something about it.

1 hour ago, TheEnchanter said:

Until the club arrange an area dedicated as a singing section, open the north. Stop restricting our ground and pricing out the people with the biggest gobs its gonna be poor. 

Oh for God's sake we need an area to sing in how needy do you sound?  Get with the OP and start making a noise it will probably be whining sound  but its a start, progress of sorts.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Oh for God's sake we need an area to sing in how needy do you sound?  Get with the OP and start making a noise it will probably be whining sound  but its a start, progress of sorts.

Needy is definitely the wrong word to describe the situation. Your response comes across as angry when all I'm genuinely doing is offering up ideas that could improve our atmosphere. An atmosphere you presume is good? It's actually pretty poo in reality when people stop defending it because they don't want to hear it. 

All a bit weird to call me needy for that. :duntmatter:

1 minute ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Stop whining about my whining about their whining 

Treat the sodding thing for what it is FFS!

You don't follow Wednesday for plaudits...You don't follow Wednesday for "glory"

You follow Wednesday cos yer daft dad or grandid did

Its got mainly f.ook all to do with football...

Its got nowt to do with the ground...singing sections...orchestrated choral crap....

Hillsborough is best when we are fighting summat...

Why ..for years, are Wednesday great away, and poor at home...?

At home its up the team...away its simple pride in the club...

Its up to the players at home...Once they get going./..the fans will

• Like 2

1 minute ago, TheEnchanter said:

Needy is definitely the wrong word to describe the situation. Your response comes across as angry when all I'm genuinely doing is offering up ideas that could improve our atmosphere. An atmosphere you presume is good? It's actually pretty poo in reality when people stop defending it because they don't want to hear it. 

All a bit weird to call me needy for that. :duntmatter:

Did I say it was good?, fed up of prats whining all the time,  do something about it. Tango has given you the perfect opportunity to take over . 

Over to you needy  boy.

We

One thing that is usually overlooked.Technically, Hillsborough is a THREE SIDED ground. How many of the 'big' grounds have no home fans for one complete side. This has a double effect - it increases the noise made by a tiny handful of away supporters, and reduces the Home sound.

The design of the ground also has an effect. North and Kop supporters insist on the 'sleepy, quiet South. I assure you, it isn't, yet the sound made doesn't sem to get outside..

• Haha 1

Did I say it was good?, fed up of prats whining all the time,  do something about it. Tango has given you the perfect opportunity to take over . 

Over to you needy  boy.

We

That's what my suggestions were. The club don't listen though. Wasn't the idea floated around before to the person that's in charge of this sort of thing within the club? Secondly, it's out of our control regarding the fact that the north stand is shut which sucks a bit of life out in that corner nearest the away fans. That could do with getting resolved sooner rather than later. 

Just now, TheEnchanter said:

That's what my suggestions were. The club don't listen though. Wasn't the idea floated around before to the person that's in charge of this sort of thing within the club? Secondly, it's out of our control regarding the fact that the north stand is shut which sucks a bit of life out in that corner nearest the away fans. That could do with getting resolved sooner rather than later. 

Why do you need the club to do it?  Start singing use you personality to get others  to join in.  You know how its been done for decades without help from anyone.

Open your gob and sing!!!  Not rocket science 

• Like 1

Why do you need the club to do it?  Start singing use you personality to get others  to join in.  You know how its been done for decades without help from anyone.

Open your gob and sing!!!  Not rocket science 

I never don't, wish more did collectively. 

Best thing is loads of our fans say other clubs are tinpot yet clubs like Huddersfield and Reading are arguably louder than us at home nowadays. 

Agreed. I was impressed with Hull, and Derby are usually decent too. We should try something but at the moment the club seems fairly rudderless. 

Best thing is loads of our fans say other clubs are tinpot yet clubs like Huddersfield and Reading are arguably louder than us at home nowadays. 

14K in that lifeless stadium at Reading today, bet the atmosphere they tried to create at the start of the season against us has not lasted this long.

Huddersfield desperately trying to get behind their new boss as they try to avoid back to back relegations. The atmosphere might have been OK for them today but it was their biggest home game of the season.

Our away support is great, atmosphere's from home fans in this division are mostly meh most of the time, it isn't just us.