Atmosphere

1 minute ago, Animis said:

Let's see - each of the authorities mentioned have to adhere to any legal position following the pending court case. SAG has to answer to the HSE and there are specific requirements to comply with. Providing SWFC do there job, we should get a reasonable outcome. The authorities position of simply banning SWFC fans from LL is clearly a nonsense and disproportionate. We need to 'take back control' of our ground and arrangements, providing we manage them effectively. 

I do agree with you on the 4-side issue. However, I'm old enough to have seen SWFC fans on all four sides even with 10000/15000 in the ground and it was ok. Clearly then the signing fans were concentrated in the middle of the kop and LL end. The North periodically rocked up with the lengthy rendition of 'Wednesday', but was more than not silent like the south - save for throwing cushions at the lino we he had a mare.

I too have stood on the LL end.

but with the stigma attached to hillsborough, and especially the LL end, no body of people are going to endorse anything against any safety measure enforced upon the club in that particular area.

that area of the ground on a semi-final match day was responsible for such overcrowding, and crushing that the gates were opened in an attempt to 'relieve' the situation outside the ground, we all know the outcome.

only one clubs supporters were there at the time, you've advocating there be 2 sets of supporters allowed into the same area now, i'm afraid it's not the late 50's or early 60's, and never will be again.

1 minute ago, Geedee said:

That's simply too expensive. 

That’s as cheap as it’s been for any Saturday game this season.

Swansea was £36 on the kop, £39 in the grandstand and £43 in the south stand.

Leeds was £39 kop, £42 grandstand, £46 south stand.

What sort of crowds and atmosphere do you think the club is expecting when they set these prices?

26 minutes ago, nilsson said:

It was £30 yesterday on the kop, £33 in the grandstand and £36 in the south stand.

Far too expensive especially against one of least attractive clubs in this league. 

Christmas coming up didn't help either. 

I doubt we'll get many more v Bristol being live on sky though I've not seen prices, might get a few more against Cardiff and v Hull.

Might be a good idea to have a deal on for 3 home games coming up over Christmas, buy a ticket for two of games and get one of other games free.  

3 minutes ago, bradowl said:

Far too expensive especially against one of least attractive clubs in this league. 

Christmas coming up didn't help either. 

I doubt we'll get many more v Bristol being live on sky though I've not seen prices, might get a few more against Cardiff and v Hull.

Might be a good idea to have a deal on for 3 home games coming up over Christmas, buy a ticket for two of games and get one of other games free.  

Same prices for the Bristol game 

2 minutes ago, nilsson said:

Same prices for the Bristol game 

Yeah just had a look, cheapest of the 3 games over Christmas, I thought we usually had a lowest category game over Christmas, we have in past. 

Edited by bradowl

44 minutes ago, dorian gray said:

I too have stood on the LL end.

but with the stigma attached to hillsborough, and especially the LL end, no body of people are going to endorse anything against any safety measure enforced upon the club in that particular area.

that area of the ground on a semi-final match day was responsible for such overcrowding, and crushing that the gates were opened in an attempt to 'relieve' the situation outside the ground, we all know the outcome.

only one clubs supporters were there at the time, you've advocating there be 2 sets of supporters allowed into the same area now, i'm afraid it's not the late 50's or early 60's, and never will be again.

And yet it was used for semi-finals; final replays and big SWFC games for over a decade after 89. I suggest if it wasn't for the on-going inquiries and media coverage throughout the 2000s I don't think we'd be subject to the ongoing intense and unfair attention 

2 hours ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

No way would there have been 28k. Stop talking out your arse.

Was £25 yesterday and only 21k Owls.

How many brain cells have you got wee wee tail? 

Adult ticket prices yesterday: 

Kop - £30

South - £36

Grandstand - £33

Please convince me that these are reasonable ticket prices for a game against Brentford? 

3 minutes ago, BingleyOwl said:

How many brain cells have you got wee wee tail? 

Adult ticket prices yesterday: 

Kop - £30

South - £36

Grandstand - £33

Please convince me that these are reasonable ticket prices for a game against Brentford? 

Cheapest ticket was £25. You can't deny that no matter how much abuse you throw.

I suppose the real marker for how expensive it is, is the prices charged by other clubs.  I have other interests aside from football and the price overall between them is about the same as football.  I can't really stretch my finances to any of these at the moment but that doesn't mean that football is expensive, it just means my disposable income is nearly none existent.  When i was a teenager and didn't have a mortgage, bills etc, it was comparatively much greater.  Mine won't be a popular opinion but personally, although prohibitive for me, i don't think the prices at hilsborough are significantly greater than in 1990 when you think the price of a pint was about 80p.

Didn’t we try this when Rob/ Go-For-It-Owl tried to create an ultras supporters group? People on here gave him some right stick - but he seemed like the only bloke to try and get something going.

His idea was great though - to create a really good atmosphere, a bit like the away games or other teams that have some kind of ultras mentality in the U.K (York/Palace). Where I currently live, the local hockey team has a huge ultras section. They sing for 60 minutes straight and creates a Proper good buzz.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRp2pyzTMGbVnvtgFlV72e

D715DBF9-5512-495E-84B6-16F5C23BDA31.jpeg

19 hours ago, Miffed said:

I think the fans have just gotten too used to the ‘formula’

players come out... band bang drum

players do handshakes and wait for players to run towards the Kop half for applause 

Team read out and Hi Ho Silver Lining Starts

Band join in, even though we have music,

so 9 times out of 10, half of the kop is clapping out of time to the rest of the stand eventually messing up the song 

Team get a corner - sing song A or B 

Team score - band play Aida even though half of the crowd are singing the goal scorers name 

Fans try to sing anything different that’s not in accordance with the above formula and most people are just confused so sit in silence 

Its too ‘samey’

Agree. It wasn't a problem in the days before the band. They e been here that long now that the jobs foooked.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Kop was £25 tickets.

I got in on my season ticket, which costs me around £19 per game.

It was £30 for non members. How many members do we have? I’d be surprised if it’s more than a thousand.

If we’re looking to get the atmosphere and crowds back you need to look past the prices for season tickets and members or it’s just the same 22k home fans at every game.

The newest stand with the best facilities is the south stand. So why don’t we use it’s full capacity? We price the south stand like we don’t actually want to fill it