Forestieris Attitude.

4 hours ago, 2roland2 said:

to be fair it’s been mentioned a few times and bannan is getting a right mardy little fool. I would like to see how he reacted to being left out of a side he shouldn’t be. I would expect he would react a lot worse than ff at a guess
All I have seen from bannan lately is lots of running around shouting at everyone Barr himself. 

As much as I want to see Forestieri start, if he is not pulling his weight in training and moping about rather than showing he really wants to play by working for his place then I can understand why he isn't starting.

Any player can have a poor run of form not for the want of trying but a poor attitude is far worse.

2 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

I agree with a lot of this. 

The 2015-16 season was great because it was a little unexpected and we had new, fresh players combined with leaders like Semedo and Loovens and the team spirit was evident. 

As you say, from the moment FF got a pay rise for behaving like a spoilt brat we were on a slippery slope. We got through that season and should have gone up as we had enough in-form quality and still had leaders in the squad who commanded respect. Semedo and Loovens had the authority and experience to keep the dressing room in line, when they moved on the togetherness started to drift big time. 

The off-field issues leave a cloud over the club and when points are whittled away it gets frustrating for players and fans alike. Bannan's form this season has been up and down but you can't deny his effort is still apparent, he sometimes channels this in the wrong way and probably shouldn't be captain, another sign of the like of effective leadership to pull the squad together at a frustrating time. Maybe he has had enough of FF's poor apparent poor attitude. Bannan knows as well as we do what FF is capable of and wants him to pull his weight in order to be starting games, he has probably tried addressing this away from the media with FF before coming out with what he has said. 

You raise some good points.  Most of which I agree with.  

One thing though, to do with Bannan's form this season, let me ask you this, how many surging runs has he made this season? You know the runs he makes from midfield where he chases their goalkeeper down? How many one twos do we see Bazza make, the ones just outside the box where he looks absolutely dangerous.  

Don't get me wrong, I like Bazza, I think he is one of the best pound for pound signings we have made this century.  I still think he can improve, I still think he hasn't been at his best this season, we need more assists and goals from the fella, no two ways around it.  

If Bazza is going to lead, then he needs to do so by example, lead by example and the others will follow.  

5 minutes ago, Ronio said:

You raise some good points.  Most of which I agree with.  

One thing though, to do with Bannan's form this season, let me ask you this, how many surging runs has he made this season? You know the runs he makes from midfield where he chases their goalkeeper down? How many one twos do we see Bazza make, the ones just outside the box where he looks absolutely dangerous.  

Don't get me wrong, I like Bazza, I think he is one of the best pound for pound signings we have made this century.  I still think he can improve, I still think he hasn't been at his best this season, we need more assists and goals from the fella, no two ways around it.  

If Bazza is going to lead, then he needs to do so by example, lead by example and the others will follow.  

I agree Bannan has not been at is best this season, Luongo has looked better and if he had been fully fit in the last 6 games we would probably have more points. Not so sure about the relevance of the closing the keeper down runs though, a fair amount of the time that was done with little purpose and left him out of position but it 'gets the crowd going'. If the rest of the team aren't going to press when he does it then it really does render it pretty pointless.

He shouldn't be captain though, it seems to be bringing out more negative team cohesion than positive spirit. 

7 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

let’s be honest here most of the time he’s been here and when fit he should have started, he’s getting g overlooked yet again in a team that isn’t performing, isn’t winning, and he’s just been hit with a six game ban for something he was announced innocent of.  He might not be in the best frame of mind but he came on and worked his testicles off, and played well, and I can’t remember many times he hasn’t. 
could you imagaine our former managers leaving out waddle or Francis or the likes for not being brilliant in training?

if we want real talent at this level it’s going to come with issues, otherwise the talent would be higher up the ladder.  If we are happy with average run of the mill hardworking pelupessey types then yeah let’s pick the hardworking g players. 

modern day football you have to be able to handle this. Atkinson aside we never fathomed that. 

Fair points but then Forrestieri carries more baggage than the likes of Waddle ever did and there is a difference between not being a brilliant trainer and being a disruptive influence, for a team mate who has been one of his biggest backers to come out and have a dig at him then there has to be something wrong with his application.

His talent is undeniable but he is a player he refused to play because he got peeved about someone being paid more than him and his strop got him a pay rise. He has not performed consistently since and has carried more baggage with him along the way. Injuries and off-field issues haven't helped but as a result you would expect him to be over the moon to be on the pitch and eager to be involved, his body language has expressed otherwise.

I would like to see him start against Charlton and his performance on Wednesday would merit it, providing he has backed it up with the correct attitude in the past couple of days. If he doesn't start then Monk needs to be direct about the reason why as this can't keep rumbling on into every game we play.  

3 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

I agree Bannan has not been at is best this season, Luongo has looked better and if he had been fully fit in the last 6 games we would probably have more points. Not so sure about the relevance of the closing the keeper down runs though, a fair amount of the time that was done with little purpose and left him out of position but it 'gets the crowd going'. If the rest of the team aren't going to press when he does it then it really does render it pretty pointless.

He shouldn't be captain though, it seems to be bringing out more negative team cohesion than positive spirit. 

I don't see them runs as pointless, yes sure within the exact confines of the game, it has little relevance in that moment of play, but it is not the point, even chasing down lost causes sends out a message, not just to the players but to the fans also. 

I personally think it drives the team on and helps dictate the tempo.  Same can be said with Hutchinsons crunching tackles, that turn of defence into attack with just one tackle. 

It's moments like that what attracts me to the beautiful game that is football.  

I see it less and less of it nowadays.  

Forestieri is undoubtedly a talented Player, but after Norwich he figured he was something special,  I mean you pull that shhit and GET A RAISE!!!  I'd think the same if I were him.  SWFC could have got some money for him, back then, but not now.  I'd be surprised if come January that Wednesday could even get a few hundred thousand for him...

It's not his ability that I question, it's his attitude and work ethic.  As said by another Owlstalker, I don't believe for one minute that Bannan said what he did, without permission to say what he did, from the upper level management.  

I would have personally  packed his bags after the Norwich Incident, and said so at the time,  saving Owlstalk another 10 page thread about this guy.  Still, interesting read, this Thread.

7 hours ago, toppOwl said:

He had about one decent game in four and that was it.

7 hours ago, torryowl said:

of course he did and then he'd be left out again and we'd give some other poor sap a go …...its no way to build a strike partnership by keep chopping and changing ...when jos paired  him with nuhiu  in his  first season they scored the around 20 goals as a pair in in a similar amount of games . …..you need to play regular to build confidence especially as a pair . a run of 3 or 4 games and then be left out is a waste of time  never going to work . 

In his last two seasons with us he scored 20 goals at just over 160 minutes per goal.

Thats very good, especially for a non penalty taker. Certainly head and shoulders above Forestieri, Fletcher and Nuhiu. 

That said, he did largely frustrate. You always thought there was more in the tank. But you can’t possibly argue against his goals. 

On 28/11/2019 at 08:38, owlsdreamer said:

Don't know whether he has been treated fairly or unfairly but last night he would have been down the tunnel if I had been Monk.

Told him he was coming on,Weaver whistled him twice down the line and Forestieri ignored him.

Then Bullen was shouting him and you could see he also was being ignored,

One of the subs had to go down the line to tell him and then he spent a good 3 mins messing about changing shorts ,shirt etc.

If he doesn't want to play he should not be on the bench.

Get rid.

Actually he told the bench he hadn’t warmed up enough. Who’s career is it at the end of the day. 

• Haha 2

26 minutes ago, Pale Rider said:

Actually he told the bench he hadn’t warmed up enough. Who’s career is it at the end of the day. 

How do you know this?

Regardless of how you know, he came on 10 minutes after the 2nd half kicked-off, had been warming up for some of that time and had just had 15 minutes to limber up during half-time. Seems a bit of a feeble reason.

7 hours ago, 2roland2 said:

I think it’s deeper than that at the club atm. I would dare to even call it a clique, a little like the clique we had when Tommy spurr and his group were here. Kind of untouchable players who look to me like they dictate what happens. And for me it looks like bannan is the centrepiece for it. 

I will never question bannans talent but the amount of players who have been frozen out or left to rot over the past four years I have never seen so many at any club. 

when manager after manager goes you have to question who’s dictating this and who influences. Maybe two or three key players have their own rules of what fits I to our club discipline and they force that opinion on managers? At least that’s what it looks like to me. 

I don’t think anyone would influence Monk in that way, he is a very strong focused character, just what we need to sort this mess out 

In the recent di Canio thread, people were saying we didn't support him enough after he pushed the ref over and returned to Italy. FF refuses to travel to a game at a time when he was by far our best player and had just played a massive part in us getting to the play off final and people now think we should have sold him. It's easy for us to say what we should have done with the benefit of hindsight  but there"d have been a massive outcry if we'd sold him, particularly if he'd been successful at his new club. There would have been a new thread about him every week on here slagging the club for selling. It's such a shame things havent worked out for him in the last 2 and a half years but hes a massive talent and still only 29. There's still a chance he can make a big difference to our season. Bannan may have slagged him for his attitude but he also says hes the best player at the club on his day. We need the manager to get him to reproduce those days again. 

On 28/11/2019 at 08:38, owlsdreamer said:

Don't know whether he has been treated fairly or unfairly but last night he would have been down the tunnel if I had been Monk.

Told him he was coming on,Weaver whistled him twice down the line and Forestieri ignored him.

Then Bullen was shouting him and you could see he also was being ignored,

One of the subs had to go down the line to tell him and then he spent a good 3 mins messing about changing shorts ,shirt etc.

If he doesn't want to play he should not be on the bench.

Get rid.

Alternatively, he should be the first name on the team sheet every week as he makes us tick when he’s playing, and he’s one of the very few truly talented players, or match winners, we have. Which is where I am on this, happy to accept that nearly all top players can be petulant. A good manager works out how to manage him, and to get the best out of him. 

Old school managers like Revie, Clough, Paisley, Shankley, Ferguson were good managers because of this very reason.

2 hours ago, theowlsman said:

Alternatively, he should be the first name on the team sheet every week as he makes us tick when he’s playing, and he’s one of the very few truly talented players, or match winners, we have. Which is where I am on this, happy to accept that nearly all top players can be petulant. A good manager works out how to manage him, and to get the best out of him. 

Old school managers like Revie, Clough, Paisley, Shankley, Ferguson were good managers because of this very reason.

I’m glad, that like my old buddy Carlos, Gary is also prepared to listen to sense.

Well done Gary Monk. If you listen to a majority of Owls Talkers, you’ll be on your way to madness.

• Haha 1

On 29/11/2019 at 16:55, hugeowl said:

FF is the best player at the club but he is a flawed character who should have been cashed in after the Norwich incident, the club and supporters gave him a second chance and he has thrown it back in our faces , if I were Monk I would play him every game now , and I would wager he would claim he was injured again very soon . 
damaged goods and l am glad BB has spoken out.

lol

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Did you see that surging run in the second half where Bazza chases their keeper down?

That's when you know Bazza is back.  lol