EFL Statement

36 minutes ago, Belfast Owl 2 said:

Ive said it a million times and like a coward you ignore me.

How can you post that after being mates with a fraud? He wanted to take over with money from a fake bank.

Once you have the balls to answer me you can discuss Chansiri

Maybe he’s ignoring you because it has absolutely no relevance to the EFL statement?

The championship is do or die - some exceptions like the pigs and Huddersfield who managed to go up by not winning any of their play off games (it still hurts).

Someone posted the graph of clubs' expenditure and debt for the 2017/18 season. We we're only 7th I think, with our £35m, with Wolves top with £80m I think - I mean £80m in one season - now that was sheitt or bust. 

They are now lorded by sky et al as a successful provincial club 'challenging the top clubs in the PL. If, they hadn't gone up they would have been faced with a 9-point deduction last season and a squad over hall. Small margins and if everyone, including the EFL and PL are honest, this is totally unsustainable. Both the EFL and PL have to get an agreement to cap the expenditure and debt levels that prevents promotion to the PL if clubs breach the EFL P&S rules. The current rules are reactive, and they need to be pro-active with the consent of the PL.

3 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

This.

Sky gave football more money.

Football spunked it up the wall.

Totally agree.

Other countries must laugh at us.

As a sport, football clubs in our country get more than any other - what do clubs choose to do?

Share the wealth with the supporters? No, they charge more than any other country. 

Surely they must pump it into youth football and have a huge percent of English players in the top league  - no, they waste it on second rate foreigners 

Surely clubs don’t waste the money on over paying has been footballers in the lower divisions and filling agents pockets - step forward our club!!

13 minutes ago, nilsson said:

And that no money has actually changed hands.

Wednesday have in the accounts a debt of £60 million owing from Chansiri’s other company.

it’s pretty simple really if you understand how business and accounting works, you will probably find it shows in the next set of accounts that an on paper set of transactions that £60m of what SWFC owe Chansiri (directors loans) is repaid and £60m is received for the stadium, no actual cash will change hands. 

4 minutes ago, kirksandallowl said:

it’s pretty simple really if you understand how business and accounting works, you will probably find it shows in the next set of accounts that an on paper set of transactions that £60m of what SWFC owe Chansiri (directors loans) is repaid and £60m is received for the stadium, no actual cash will change hands. 

According to the Maguire / Star article the debt is repayable in instalments of £7.5 million over an 8 year period which (Maguire says) is unusual for a property transaction.

5 minutes ago, kirksandallowl said:

Is that why the EFL statement says they continue to look at our 2018/19 P&S submission which presumably means the accounts?

1 minute ago, nilsson said:

According to the Maguire / Star article the debt is repayable in instalments of £7.5 million over an 8 year period which (Maguire says) is unusual for a property transaction.

May but unusual, but surely how DC chooses to repay himself has nothing to do with them.

Faceless Cockwombles.

5 minutes ago, nilsson said:

I’ve not seen that detailed in the accounts but don’t see anything wrong with the chairman paying the debt any way he likes, unusual doesn’t mean wrong. 

• Thanks 1

I've nothing against Mr. Chansiri and I am sure that he is a decent bloke who has tried his best.

However, I don't like the way that a lot of things have been done during his tenure and the ticket pricing is the main one. I just want to go and watch the club I have supported since the mid 70s and don't think that paying the best part of £50 quid is something that a lot of people can justify. I accept that he has put millions of his own money into the club, but where has it got us? We are still in the same league and face the prospect of a potential crippling points deduction that might relegate us. Where do we stand then? Will Mr. Chansiri still want to be involved? If not, the financial future is very worrying.

I

2 hours ago, Beholder said:

If the cvnts relegate us over this, im fkn done with football.

Wrong attitude mate...

A lot of Wednesday were "Done with football" a while ago...This is serious and it will take some pulling back if we do go down.

Chansiri will have to drop the prices to a level thats fair, and hope that the fans ardour for the club gets most of them offa tyheir backsides.

Some fans may well grumble, its his bed let him lie in it, I suppose thats fair enough if you have been priced out of watching regularly...Some fans will slate the fans who do come back at lower prices...All pointless exercises...First ting I'll say to a returning Owls is

"Welcome back mate"

• Like 4

Football is about resources and how you use them.

Unfortunately, bar the first season, we have wasted the resources made available to us.

A more pragmatic, long term approach and I believe it is us in the Premier League.

Unfortunately, we blew our chance and it seems like we are going to be paying for that for many years to come. 

The worst part of this is these conversations will be in the dark now for 3-6 months.

3-6 months of awaiting our fate - awful for the club, it’s staff, players and most of all - us fans.

I think there will be those players such as Westwood, Bannan, Hutch, Lee and co who care about the club and fans and engrained in the club so to speak who must find this so depressing - not sure how we will respond on the pitch. 

Could we see some fire sales in Jan? Iorfa? Bannan? Harris?

2 minutes ago, TodwickOwl said:

The worst part of this is these conversations will be in the dark now for 3-6 months.

3-6 months of awaiting our fate - awful for the club, it’s staff, players and most of all - us fans.

I think there will be those players such as Westwood, Bannan, Hutch, Lee and co who care about the club and fans and engrained in the club so to speak who must find this so depressing - not sure how we will respond on the pitch. 

Why would we sell players?

3 minutes ago, TodwickOwl said:

Best way to do it mate is...

Look at the table and knock us 21 points off...Then go for it...Its bloody laughable isn't it?

11 hours ago, darra said:

That makes sense to me at least.

When we bought our house 30 odd years ago for 38k we had to take out buildings insurance for around 80k when we questioned It we were told it would be to cover the cost of demolition clearing the site and rebuilding the house.

Might be clutching at straws but I can sort of see the parallels of when Leicester started all this by going bust and they got a slap on the wrist pretty much. 

Hillsborough might cost £60m to rebuild so that’s what it’s worth to Wednesday - but is that what an independent third party would pay to take it off our hands?

If not would that give us a problem re the valuation - given sponsorship, contracts etc with owners have to be on commercial terms when it comes to FFP/P&S?

7 minutes ago, TodwickOwl said:

I can't see the point of selling players at this time

If we are going to be given a transfer embargo, which could happen, we need to keep what we've got

A points deduction will be hard enough

Selling players and trying to avoid relegation with a much reduced squad is a double punishment

Best to develop a siege mentality, a fuuck you EFL, and take it from there

As long as we finish 21st, and relegate Middlesboro, I can live with that

Then rebuild for another crack next season

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

1 hour ago, Mr Farrell said:

You seem a bit confused. It's a forum. 

People don't sit back and wait on forums. They speculate and discuss.

Hope that helps.

But they’re not speculating are they? They’re revelling in downright untruths and misinformation and you’re one of the chief protagonists, ever since your humiliation over the Geoff Sheard fiasco!

You only have to look at the “news this morning reporting 35 points deduction” post and all the gleeful responses from those blindly believing it, hoping it was true, to gauge the integrity & credibility of some of this site’s contributors!

• Haha 1