EFL Statement

23 minutes ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

I can't see the point of selling players at this time

If we are going to be given a transfer embargo, which could happen, we need to keep what we've got

A points deduction will be hard enough

Selling players and trying to avoid relegation with a much reduced squad is a double punishment

Best to develop a siege mentality, a fuuck you EFL, and take it from there

As long as we finish 21st, and relegate Middlesboro, I can live with that

Then rebuild for another crack next season

Without selling players though, how do we avoid breaking the rules again ?

Our losses haven't stopped and we have maxed out ticket prices.

18 minutes ago, casbahowl said:

But they’re not speculating are they? They’re revelling in downright untruths and misinformation and you’re one of the chief protagonists, ever since your humiliation over the Geoff Sheard fiasco!

You only have to look at the “news this morning reporting 35 points deduction” post and all the gleeful responses from those blindly believing it, hoping it was true, to gauge the integrity & credibility of some of this site’s contributors!

Who's revelling in it?

Do you honestly expect Owls fans to see this crock of crap and not discuss it Casbah...seriously?

There may be a fair amount of black humour knocking about, but after 2 decades of abject dross, if you haven't got that...You may as well give up the ghost

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, casbahowl said:

But they’re not speculating are they? They’re revelling in downright untruths and misinformation and you’re one of the chief protagonists, ever since your humiliation over the Geoff Sheard fiasco!

You only have to look at the “news this morning reporting 35 points deduction” post and all the gleeful responses from those blindly believing it, hoping it was true, to gauge the integrity & credibility of some of this site’s contributors!

You’re making it up now, “all the gleeful responses from those blindly believing it, hoping it was true”.

How many constitutes “all”?

Chansiri has a band of followers that are like Trump’s fans - and I don’t mean Judd. The man can do little wrong despite the pickles we’ve found ourselves in, having the most expensive Second Division prices in history and having to sell the ground. 

I’m sure he’s very grateful. 

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, casbahowl said:

The following are all the replies to the (erroneous) post about being deducted 35 points.

I’ve genuinely no idea how you’ve reached the conclusion that any of them are gleeful, blindly believing it or hoping it was true?

I don’t know why you’d get so wound up about something that isn’t there.

4 hours ago, Mightyowl1867 said:

Just said on news up to 35 points deduction for Wednesday

4 hours ago, Mr Farrell said:

12 seems to be the expected.

35 would be relegation wouldn't it  ?

The problem is, after the embargoes and our previous rule breaking, we could be made a very big example of. 

Starting to get a bit worried.

4 hours ago, Mightyowl1867 said:

Because we’ve possibly breached Several rules , the punishment could be very harsh 

3 hours ago, Ever the pessimist said:

Which news site?

3 hours ago, WhiteOwl91 said:

Saracens not Wednesday

ffs

3 hours ago, bradowl said:

Who's saying this? 

35 would see us only finishing with about 10 points more than dingles. :tango:

3 hours ago, casbahowl said:

Could you clarify which news outlet please?

3 hours ago, Sonny said:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Sonny said:

The following are all the replies to the (erroneous) post about being deducted 35 points.

I’ve genuinely no idea how you’ve reached the conclusion that any of them are gleeful, blindly believing it or hoping it was true?

I don’t know why you’d get so wound up about something that isn’t there.

The only untruths and misinformation seems to be from the person complaining about untruths and misinformation.

:ghoulguy::Chansiri:

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

Without selling players though, how do we avoid breaking the rules again ?

Our losses haven't stopped and we have maxed out ticket prices.

This is the key isn't it. Since DC has been here, the expenditure and debt has been climbing year on year, to a point of £36m in 2017/18, which was a terrible year and we managed to finish mid-table due to a new manager who essentially set us up like we're were fighting against relegation. £36m debt for dross essentially.

We have to assume that the 2018/19 accounts will show around £30m debt, which leaves us with the very real prospect of sanctions/more points deductions next season irrespective of the current EFL charges. 

We are in an annual spiraling fight against the inevitable P&S rule breaches, and we can't simply ignore this. Other championship clubs are also in the same position and we could argue that its unfair and unrealistic for championship clubs to compete and keep within the EFL P&S rules, but that's what is currently in place.

Therefore, what is the plan - is it current levels of expenditure and debt and hope we get promotion over two years, or do we totally re-structure the playing staff in June with a view to returning to 2015/16 levels of expenditure and debt of £10m or so? Let's face it, I don't see much improvement, if any in the playing staff qualities between the 2016 play off final and today's squads.

8 minutes ago, Belfast Owl 2 said:

supporting my club

Am I right in thinking you don't attend many matches Belfast...Thats fair enough, given where you are based...Nor would I

But what earthly use is that exhortation , given the fact that folk on here, moaning griping or whatever...put more in to the club than you do?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

Am I right in thinking you don't attend many matches Belfast...Thats fair enough, given where you are based...Nor would I

But what earthly use is that exhortation , given the fact that folk on here, moaning griping or whatever...put more in to the club than you do?

if you find it hard to find reasons not to be ashamed

that aint support

I think there are a few who enjoy putting the boot in a bit...but then it isn't like the club/owner dont give them plenty of excuses to do so.

Yes, the EFL, P and S rules etc.,are a joke...

But then we've been fully aware of the situation for years and have still contrived to mess things up.

Heck, we seemingly failed to exploit a clear loophole.

Wednesday exploiting said loophole has been like a fat man trying to dive through a rubber ring. 

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, bronxowl said:

Why doesn’t Mr. Chansiri transfer the debt from the club to himself, sorted.

No idea if that's even possible.

I also don't think he's as wealthy as we thought.

Also, why should he ?

Edited by Mr Farrell

52 minutes ago, casbahowl said:

Completely untrue and now has made you look pretty silly. 

• Haha 2

Just now, Mr Farrell said:

No idea if that's even possible.

I also don't think he's as wealthy as we thought.

Definitely not as wealthy as he was 

12 minutes ago, Animis said:

This is the key isn't it. Since DC has been here, the expenditure and debt has been climbing year on year, to a point of £36m in 2017/18, which was a terrible year and we managed to finish mid-table due to a new manager who essentially set us up like we're were fighting against relegation. £36m debt for dross essentially.

We have to assume that the 2018/19 accounts will show around £30m debt, which leaves us with the very real prospect of sanctions/more points deductions next season irrespective of the current EFL charges. 

We are in an annual spiraling fight against the inevitable P&S rule breaches, and we can't simply ignore this. Other championship clubs are also in the same position and we could argue that its unfair and unrealistic for championship clubs to compete and keep within the EFL P&S rules, but that's what is currently in place.

Therefore, what is the plan - is it current levels of expenditure and debt and hope we get promotion over two years, or do we totally re-structure the playing staff in June with a view to returning to 2015/16 levels of expenditure and debt of £10m or so? Let's face it, I don't see much improvement, if any in the playing staff qualities between the 2016 play off final and today's squads.

No, because there is hardly any difference between then & now.7 out of the 11 that played in our last home game v Swansea featured in the playoff final, and that isn't progress. Ok,you might not sell your best players if you don't need to, but you don't keep together a squad of aging players either. DC has taken on board some very poor advice imho over the years.

4 minutes ago, Belfast Owl 2 said:

if you find it hard to find reasons not to be ashamed

that aint support

Tell you what I find more shaming about the club mate...

The ridiculous prices..The complete f.ook up of the Anniversary, The price of kids shirts..The alienating of Owls fans..Abdi, Urby emmanuelson, jordan Rhodes and I could go on and on.

what I'm not ashamed is being an Owls fan, I love the club.

On top of all that ..I don't hate Chansiri, I hope he stays and I hope he sorts it out.

To sort it out, he has to realise he has made mistakes...and even taking "bad Advice" is a f.ookin' mistake on his part.

If you let this "begnign Dictatorship" run on and on..without pointing these gaffes out, you are not much of an Owls fan are you?...cos you stand to watch the club crash and burn.

Everyone has an opinion, they voice it...I have seen no "Chansiri" out nonsense...fans in the main part believe he's well intentioned...I reckon he is...but surely he must look at it and think I could have done that better

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3