EFL Statement

Just now, marshy said:

No, because there is hardly any difference between then & now.7 out of the 11 that played in our last home game v Swansea featured in the playoff final, and that isn't progress. Ok,you might not sell your best players if you don't need to, but you don't keep together a squad of aging players either. DC has taken on board some very poor advice imho over the years.

Which begs the question, how have we managed to lose so much money ?

Are we overpaying on wages ?

Where's it all gone ?

2 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

Which begs the question, how have we managed to lose so much money ?

Are we overpaying on wages ?

Where's it all gone ?

Paxaio loyalty bonus and all this ‘poor advice’ he’s apparently taken 

Edited by Guest

We should have looking to reduce the annual debt, not looking at some short term fix that simply glosses over the poor financial management of the club to adhere to the P&S rules.

One example of this could have been Rhodes:

We allegedly had an offer from Norwich in July for £2m. Say Rhodes gross salary is £30k/week, with 10% on-costs for SWFC is £1.7m/annum. The purchase price for Rhodes is generally accepted as £8m, which was for a 3-year deal in 2017. So say this amortised over 3-years is £2.7m/year.

These cost added are £6.7m/year, for a player which CC, Jos, Bullen, Bruce and now Monk has failed to include in the squad. Why therefore, wouldn't DC have sold him before the season started so these cost are removed from the 2019/20 accounts, which should at least have begun the long-term plan?

3 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

If there’s one thing I’ve learned over the years........

It’ll be reyt.

lol

nah mate come on ... get with the owlstalk massive innit ,   May aswell start a Phoenix up tommorow morning Chansiri is worse than Steve Dale etc 

Get black balloons out agen 

15 hours ago, mkowl said:

Again we have probably 2 different things. Under accounting standards if you choose to re- value an asset like the stadium it should be done annually. That probably would be the depreciated replacement cost approach. The whole point is it's the value in use you are trying to assess what we call the fair value. 

This is not necessarily the same as how much the value is on a sale.

It does seem to me that us, but Derby, Villa have used this theoretical accounts value to approximate to the sales value.

Does that make sense ? The market value concept is again a theoretical approach using language of a willing buyer and willing seller. 

So it does not mean the willing buyer is looking at a value for it as housing or industrial units. More I want to have a football club, i need to have a stadium, it would cost 120m new or i could buy this one 2nd hand which I know has 50% useful life left. 

The willing seller is considering how much the willing buyer is prepared to pay. So very esoteric stuff 

It is a very different situation to an actual sale to a 3rd party as was the case with West Ham

Of course your argument would also have to take into account the SAG affair which would be seen as reducing the value of Hillsborough. Maybe that's the ulterior motive of SAG if your inclined to see conspiracy. 

Land and Property are rarely depreciated in Accounting convention. If anything the Fixtures Fittings at Hillsborough and the stands would hand already been depreciated as there have been no major developments of the stadium for 25 years. It's well documented that older stadiums have maintenance costs which would exceed the costs of maintaining your new theoretical £120m Stadium, which would also have to be taken into account. 

I think it's difficult to argue Hillsborough has the half the value of a new £120m stadium, especially compared to the West Ham and Reading stadium sale values. 

27 minutes ago, Belfast Owl 2 said:

if you find it hard to find reasons not to be ashamed

that aint support

The support we get is the main thing I’m currently proud of with regards my club, one I pay large amounts of hard earned money to support - along with 22 thousand others. 

Nothing else currently springs to mind. That I’m afraid is due to how we are run.

I’m embarrassed and angered by our pricing structure for our own and away fans 

I’m disheartened by how we’ve recruited over the past 5 years 

I’m disappointed by the amounts we pay in wages for the return we see on the pitch 

I’m frustrated by the lack of business sense the club seem to have on so many levels 

And I’m left bewildered by how we constantly fail to comply to the league rules 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

4 hours ago, latemodelchild said:

Then we find out we lose nearly the full 3 season amount in 1 season? 

Where’s this from mate? 

I thought the figure (without stadium sale) for the 3 years was 57 million...so over the P&S threshold by 19 million. Perhaps my understanding is wrong though. 

Just now, torres said:

The support we get is the main thing I’m currently proud of with regards my club, one I pay large amounts of hard earned money to support - along with 22 thousand others. 

Nothing else currently springs to mind. That I’m afraid is due to how we are run.

I’m embarrassed and angered by our pricing structure for our own and away fans 

I’m disheartened by how we’ve recruited over the past 5 years 

I’m disappointed by the amounts we pay in wages for the return we see on the pitch 

I’m frustrated by the lack of business sense the club seem to have on so many levels 

And I’m left bewildered by how we constantly fail to comply to the league rules 

Reyt proud of support yeah, Atdhe Nuhiu and Morgan Fox spring to mind 

5 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Reyt proud of support yeah, Atdhe Nuhiu and Morgan Fox spring to mind 

And Cameron Dawson last season...

I can appreciate their frustration, but they didn't get the chance to vent splean on Abdi, but that shouldn't mean you take it out on the players who showed the commitment to turn up. 

6 minutes ago, Ozymandias Owl said:

Of course your argument would also have to take into account the SAG affair which would be seen as reducing the value of Hillsborough. Maybe that's the ulterior motive of SAG if your inclined to see conspiracy. 

Land and Property are rarely depreciated in Accounting convention. If anything the Fixtures Fittings at Hillsborough and the stands would hand already been depreciated as there have been no major developments of the stadium for 25 years. It's well documented that older stadiums have maintenance costs which would exceed the costs of maintaining your new theoretical £120m Stadium, which would also have to be taken into account. 

I think it's difficult to argue Hillsborough has the half the value of a new £120m stadium, especially compared to the West Ham and Reading stadium sale values. 

From RICS standards, which would be applied in the stadium valuation reports:

1.2 It is important to understand that the word ‘depreciation’ is used in a different context for valuation than at the accounting stage of financial reporting. In a DRC valuation, ‘depreciation’ refers to the reduction, or writing down, of the cost of a modern equivalent asset to reflect the subject asset’s physical condition and utility together with obsolescence and relative disabilities affecting the actual asset. In financial reporting, ‘accounting depreciation’ refers to a charge made against an entity’s income to reflect the consumption of an asset over a particular accounting period. These are distinct usages of the word. For the purposes of this guidance note, the terms ‘valuation depreciation’, which equates to obsolescence, and ‘accounting depreciation’ will be used to clarify meaning and context. See RB UK VPGA 1.10 regarding depreciation accounting.

2 hours ago, Owls_fan_since_1983 said:

Wednesday fans will end up paying for it

£200 to go and watch a game,   £20 for a beer at the ground,   £15 for a bottle of pop without the top on of course.    and £8 for a bar of chocolate

and we are still watching for d-taxis 

There's no way I'll be going in that case.