Yes. So let's do it.

Yes. I have one question.

Yes fine. What?

Well...

Yes...

Why are we sat in a DeLorian?

• Haha 2

Just now, S36 OWL said:

I kind of agree mate. Lower down the leagues it's actually about football , not crippling yourselves in the chase for the premier league millions. Sky and the premier league have destroyed football in this country.

If we stopped ripping fans off for tickets, and all our grubby little practices, I'd probably take that too.

3 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

If we stopped ripping fans off for tickets, and all our grubby little practices, I'd probably take that too.

absolutely.

please could we have a sustainable football club with people in the ground and a progressive recruitment policy.

rather than a taxi firm an energy drink and an in-house sale of our historic stadium.

ta.

59 minutes ago, latemodelchild said:

You give me hope in this thread. I've got that nasty feeling that we are the example club. Same as Leeds were a few seasons ago when they were punished, relegated and points off the following season. Same as rangers were when they were dropped 3 divisions or whatever it was. 

Trouble is, back of my mind, I'm thinking the EFL won't care that our accountants can prove we exploited a loophole. Well, they will and they'll punish us anyway. 

On another note, how in gods name have we racked up losses that are so huge? We pay a huge amount for tickets, which give DC some wiggle room to put more in he says. Then we find out we lose nearly the full 3 season amount in 1 season? Our players must be on an absolute fortune. However, since we have to enter the North via penistone Road, me and the lad walk through the carpark. We always look at the cars cos we both love nice cars. There's no absolutely stunning ones except for an R8, which is hardly a hyper car. I'm not saying that this is the sole barometer for whether someone is overpaid or not but we don't seem to have players on eye watering wages. Is it cos we've got a large squad? I just don't see how we've lost so much in 1 season. 

When you have several players on £2 million a year wages and a total wage bill in excess of £42m. Add to that the exortionate running costs of the ground.

It’s time for the reset button to be pressed and not just sorting out this current issue.

I like Chansiri but it’s probably time he did sell and let someone else have a go. Lots of players can leave this summer at the end of their contracts and hopefully they’ll have helped us stay in this league before they go 

1 minute ago, Owls-Fan said:

It’s time for the reset button to be pressed and not just sorting out this current issue.

I like Chansiri but it’s probably time he did sell and let someone else have a go. Lots of players can leave this summer at the end of their contracts and hopefully they’ll have helped us stay in this league before they go 

He can't sell.

Nobody will buy at anything like the price he'd need to cover what he's wasted.

He has to get us promoted. It's his only way out.

3 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

He can't sell.

Nobody will buy at anything like the price he'd need to cover what he's wasted.

He has to get us promoted. It's his only way out.

His way out is to sell us for next to nothing and write off everything else as a bad business venture.

13 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

I kind of agree mate. Lower down the leagues it's actually about football , not crippling yourselves in the chase for the premier league millions. Sky and the premier league have destroyed football in this country.

To supporters it’s always about the football, it’s the brain dead chairmen that ruin it 

31 minutes ago, kobayashi said:

Are they just queying whether accounting statndards have been properly applied?

The statement from the EFL states "financial information provided by Sheffield Wednesday in relation to the Club’s 2017/18 Profitability and Sustainability (P&S) submission". The financial information that clubs have to provide goes beyond just sending in a copy of the audited accounts and includes various projections from the year before, adjustments and directors statements. The SWFC submissions for 2017/18 was not a one-off event it was a series of submissions that presumably was expected to have a reasonable degree of accuracy and consistency. What if those earlier submissions didn't dislclose anything close to say a £35m operating loss or the the iminent sale of the ground for say £60m and the directors cannot provide reasonable explanations?

Yes I made a similar point the other day that has got lost in the ether that there is a constant flow of information at various times of the year. End of November I think is one where a Club has to provide "final" figures for the last season and current year figures. 

So I agree that is a very good point, I have been focusing on the final accounts part 

18 minutes ago, OurDan said:

Is that so you can say, whatever happens, this is exactly what you thought would happen? 

Of course not. :ph34r:

I have already shared my views with a couple of posters on PM though so on the day of reckoning they can perhaps cut and paste it. 

Its actually more 1) I don't have the information and 2) it's sort of against my membership rules to criticise fellow professionals particularly without said evidence

17 hours ago, Mr Farrell said:

Loads he can do yet.

We can sell the training ground to ourselves, start an imaginary catering company, sell more plaques for the seats, rent the executive boxes from ourselves again....

The list is endless. We'll be fine.

Ive said it a million times and like a coward you ignore me.

How can you post that after being mates with a fraud? He wanted to take over with money from a fake bank.

Once you have the balls to answer me you can discuss Chansiri

21 minutes ago, torres said:

To supporters it’s always about the football, it’s the brain dead chairmen that ruin it 

It's this obsession with getting to the premier league. For what ? Just to scrap around trying to finish fourth bottom so you can fill your pockets with more money the following season. 

That's what Sky have done to football. It's all about money , not football. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I’ve got a feeling that this process has the potential to damage the EFL as much as us? You’ve got to imagine that part of our defence is to question how the EFL

govern the clubs under their jurisdiction? The lack of consistency from them we’ve seen over the years arguably questions whether they are beyond reproach themselves?