EFL Statement

18 minutes ago, MAL said:

He did try to explain that, to people that would listen anyway.

Never did he mean the fans money was irrelevant.

The more he brought in from other areas i.e. season tickets, the more HE could put in himself.

The more season tickets sold, meant more up front money, which meant HE could put more money in.

High match day prices, to try and make fans buy season tickets, which by the way saves them money, to enable him to put more money in.

He’s tried explaining it more than once, gets lost in translation , people will never accept the ticket prices and I ain’t saying they should but these are the reasons he does it 

Don't know sweet fa about accounting, but read a bit about possibility of a fine alongside a points deduction. 

If we get any type of fine that surely makes would make it even more blatantly obvious ( if thats possible) that PS/FFP is not about stopping clubs go bust. 

Edited by Woodyowl450

26 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

You would think theres a way around it, 

If a club has a chairman like ours, who is obviously willing to plough the money in, you can't fault him for that.

How come the EFL don't simply seek assurances in some sort of contractual form, that if for instance he overreahes, the actual club isn't liable...The Chairman is.

In some ways, if Chansiri is willing and has the money FFp is a sort of restriction of trade is it not?

The rules of the EFL are those which it members the clubs have decided are appropriate. If Chansiri or anybody else believes they are wrong they should make the case and win the support of the other clubs to change them...he didn’t he just chose to ignore the rules. 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, kobayashi said:

The rules of the EFL are those which it members the clubs have decided are appropriate. If Chansiri or anybody else believes they are wrong they should make the case and win the support of the other clubs to change them...he didn’t he just chose to ignore the rules. 

Genuinely don't believe he ignored the rules either this time or with the previous transfer embargos.

Just don't think he understands the rules.

1 hour ago, Ozymandias Owl said:

I admire your perseverance with this argument, but it's flawed. 

There's Creative Accountancy and then there's voodoo accounting. 

I fear Mr C is listening too a voodoo Accountant like yourself. 

lol

I am not sure your point my first question was about establishing the modern equivalent value of the stadium. The secondary question would have then been using that as the benchmark what was the depreciated replacement asset value of the stadium.

I am not a RICS qualified surveyor so I am not going to pretend to understand how they calculate that in practice. 

What i do know is it's not the same value as many on here try and contest it is, namely if the site was turned into an housing estate or industrial park.

There isn't much creativity in the accounting by the way

Dr Debtors

Cr Sale of property

Cr Fixed assets

Dr Sale of property 

44 minutes ago, MAL said:

He did try to explain that, to people that would listen anyway.

Never did he mean the fans money was irrelevant.

The more he brought in from other areas i.e. season tickets, the more HE could put in himself.

The more season tickets sold, meant more up front money, which meant HE could put more money in.

High match day prices, to try and make fans buy season tickets, which by the way saves them money, to enable him to put more money in.

Comments were a response to people on here saying we don’t fund the club at all - not to do with what Chansiri said

The prices are still at rob dog level though compared with our peers. 

15 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

Comments were a response to people on here saying we don’t fund the club at all - not to do with what Chansiri said

The prices are still at rob dog level though compared with our peers. 

Of the £25.3m turnover a total of £24m came from external sources and just £1.3m from the chairman. Unfortunately in his time at SWFC the chairman has built a cash burning machine so he has to fund through loans the difference between the revenue and the costs he has created. He is paying for his own incompetence...

2 minutes ago, kobayashi said:

Of the £25.3m turnover a total of £24m came from external sources and just £1.3m from the chairman. Unfortunately in his time at SWFC the chairman has built a cash burning machine so he has to fund through loans the difference between the revenue and the costs he has created. He is paying for his own incompetence...

Sad but true.

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, mkowl said:

I am not sure your point my first question was about establishing the modern equivalent value of the stadium. The secondary question would have then been using that as the benchmark what was the depreciated replacement asset value of the stadium.

I am not a RICS qualified surveyor so I am not going to pretend to understand how they calculate that in practice. 

What i do know is it's not the same value as many on here try and contest it is, namely if the site was turned into an housing estate or industrial park.

There isn't much creativity in the accounting by the way

Dr Debtors

Cr Sale of property

Cr Fixed assets

Dr Sale of property 

The Debtor transaction may have cleared the club's long term liabilities on another issue on this thread as there will have been a cash payment cleared this year you would assume. 

I'm not saying the sale price for property development is the only way of valuing it. As has been stated earlier £33m would be a fair value for the future revenue streams Mr C will receive back as rental payments. Its also more in line with the Reading and West Ham Valuations 

We need to keep this argument going for another four months btw 

lol

I still don't understand why Chansiri hasn't /didn't sell some of his shares to a trusted member of his family ,why go through all this intrigue to provide money for the club?

It also seems rather stupid that an owner can't invest in his own club 

Guest Ferkorf
2 hours ago, Mr Farrell said:

A year and a half since the last one isn't it ?

Do you really think he could handle the fans frustration at his mess currently ?

I'd be amazed if he fancies it.

I think he set his stall out for things like this and throwing the dummy out when questioned.

He certainly has the track record for having the minerals for meeting fans head on.

Wouldn't surprise me one bit if we didn't have one as soon as the official punishment is decided or appeal is sorted etc.

I fully expect another 'I'm selling the club' moment

16 minutes ago, Ozymandias Owl said:

The Debtor transaction may have cleared the club's long term liabilities on another issue on this thread as there will have been a cash payment cleared this year you would assume. 

I'm not saying the sale price for property development is the only way of valuing it. As has been stated earlier £33m would be a fair value for the future revenue streams Mr C will receive back as rental payments. Its also more in line with the Reading and West Ham Valuations 

We need to keep this argument going for another four months btw 

lol

Chicken n egg. Stadium valuation can determine rental. Rental can determine the stadium valuation.

Instead of focusing on running a football club, focuses were placed elsewhere, such as manufacturing our own kit, or creating companies to generate marketing revenue. 

While these might be fruitful ideas, the club would likely have been better off if that energy was allocated to the existing business (the actual football club). 

I know many have dismissed the kit debacle as something "trivial", but for me it has always been indicative of something serious being amiss. There's a good reason most clubs don't manufacture their own kits. A football club, is not a clothing manufacturer. 

The chairman means well, but has ultimately not run this club responsibly.  

• Like 1

I feel for the fans..Even the bu**ers I disagree with on here..Say what you want, we are all Owls fans, but its more spitting and spatting amongst ourselves..

Its like being hit over the head every week.

I doubt we will ever know the full story, the stuff with Roeder, Katrienne Meir, Carlos and Doyen, but summat went t*ts in a short time.

From walking out of Wembley thinking we would be back, to Huddersfield and the fall of Carlos, after that it was more like a mad scrabble up scree.

Jos..lost it, We got Bruce, we lost Bruce, it all looks hopeless....Then we sit higher than we thought we would, playing decent, if not exactly storming the league..

Then...This!

We got fans railing against the prices, rightly so in my opinion, and fans exhorting other fans to stop bedwetting and get on with it, I can see the point.

None of it helps does it?

What we have in Delphjon  Chansiri?...I honestly don't know.

He seems remarkably loyal in some ways, and a complete dictator in others..total marmite.

The fans respect his culture and traditions, stand in , and lets be honest...a mute mystified 2 minutes silence cos his king died...but he seems unable to grasp the concept that Sheffield is a working class city mainly and folk balk at £40 odd quid a pop for second tier football...How do you square the circle?

How do you explain to a multi millionaire that £40 is a lot of money?

How does he explain he's put millions in and £40 is nowt?

square the circle?...You can't.

any sort of meetings simply seem to widen the divide....We get mardy, he gets mardy, pram toys all over the shop.

Head down keep going...If you can afford it...

Hillsborough half denuded cos of pricing, policing and profligacy offa the pitch...

Every..and I mean EVERY time Jordan Rhodes trots on..I think "FFS!..get an hatrick, score a goal..."..It doesn't happen.

Home you trot...

"Never mind...We're still 4th

5th

6th

7th

then this!

I wish i had the answers and I apologise to anyone ive happened to upset with comments that are sometimes ill thought out but well meant....

A bit like Delphjon really

Eh?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1