EFL Statement

We always have to blame somebody, but I've come to the conclusion there is no one to blame, it's just us, it's what we're destined to be.

Unless you believe in 'the curse' that is, but ever since I've supported us, basically a few years before being 2-0 up in the 66 cup final, it's been one thing after another.

So the best thing to do now imho, is just to shrug your shoulders and put it all down to it being 'the Wednesday way'.

Personally I’m going reserve final judgment until the outcome is determined, though  it’s difficult to see the EFL losing the case given past results in similar circumstances.

What I would say even now is that the fact it has got to this point is totally unacceptable, and I’m speaking as a reasonably moderate member of the community.

The Chairman hasn’t been around since the first couple of home games and there’s no evidence of a halfway decent senior management team off the pitch where we look like a one man operation.

We might be able to survive a points deduction but regrettably I fear that will not be the end to the pain for the supporters.

So Villa and Derby get no sanction/investigation but we go in front of the EFLs FFP breach panel . Sheffield United admit they were secretly under embargo but somehow still brought players in no investigation. Whatever this club does at present we seem to cover ourselves in the brown smelly stuff. I don't blame DC as I wasn't moaning when we were in the playoffs and looking likely to go up.(how that Huddersfield result comes back to haunt us ). The irony is for the first time in 25 years we have an owner willing to spend money but isn't allowed to. It is blatantly obvious the FFP rules don't work as the majority of teams in the Championship are deep in debt but it would seem some are better at disguising this than us. Im sure we will get over this in time but the worry is who would buy us if DC walked. 

5 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

We didn’t account for the ground sale in the right financial year.

The rules are absolutely ridiculous and unfair. But they’re the rules and we thought we could outsmart the league. Unfortunately not the case. 

So simply months later..We forgot when we sold the house....?

A gang of certified accountants, who after perusing all the paperwork stating the year we had actually sold the house....forgot what year...We sold the house

Fair enough..Next time I forget the wifes birthday...I'll say 

"Hang on love...about 40 very qualified folk , forgot the year they sold Hillsborough, only 6 months after selling Hillsborough!!"

Its total bloody rubbish, its not sodding dodging a TV detector van is it?

Its cooking the bloody books and not doing it very well..isn't it?

Are these "Certified accountants"..or f.ookin' accountants who should be bloody certified?...cos theres a massive b*stard difference.

Who on earth ticked this can of worms and said 

"Be reight Delphjon"

Surely someone had reservations?

Surely someone said "Hang on a minute"

Posters on here did..Bloody steelworkers, domestics, binmen, car park attendants...Costello... lol

What a sodding shambles....

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ZicoSterland2 said:

So Villa and Derby get no sanction/investigation but we go in front of the EFLs FFP breach panel . Sheffield United admit they were secretly under embargo but somehow still brought players in no investigation. Whatever this club does at present we seem to cover ourselves in the brown smelly stuff. I don't blame DC as I wasn't moaning when we were in the playoffs and looking likely to go up.(how that Huddersfield result comes back to haunt us ). The irony is for the first time in 25 years we have an owner willing to spend money but isn't allowed to. It is blatantly obvious the FFP rules don't work as the majority of teams in the Championship are deep in debt but it would seem some are better at disguising this than us. Im sure we will get over this in time but the worry is who would buy us if DC walked. 

You mean better like..Not f.ookin' runnin' down Penistone stark naked shoutin'..."Look at me Johnson" ?

5 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

hahahah, dear me, always look on the bright side eh 

Innocent until proven guilty 

under efl s eyes we are guilty wont matter what chansiri says or does they have us , our only hope is getting upto 70 points this season cause we have to stop up ,the loss of income in league 1 is huge and a new buyer will be put off having a club what has to sell every asset to somehow get below a 39 million loss over a 3 year running period . there is a reason there have been no fans forum ,steering group for nearly 12 months.

Just now, dumboldowl said:

Why don't we all stop running round like Corporal Jones, screaming "Don't panic, don't panic", and wait and see what the outcome is ?

Yeh,good luck with that fella !!

You've been posting long enough to realise that at any given moment,this place goes full on meltdown over trivial shyte,this thread is gunna be huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge.

Can’t believe I’m on a football forum talking about accountants , rules and regulations and some pathetic FFP scheme introduced by an organisation that’s about as competent as Sheffield City Council are at preventing the city flooding everytime there’s a bit of rain ...

Genuinely falling out with football , what an absolute charade it’s turning into 

1 minute ago, handworth52 said:

under efl s eyes we are guilty wont matter what chansiri says or does they have us , our only hope is getting upto 70 points this season cause we have to stop up ,the loss of income in league 1 is huge and a new buyer will be put off having a club what has to sell every asset to somehow get below a 39 million loss over a 3 year running period . there is a reason there have been no fans forum ,steering group for nearly 12 months.

Bet your reyt company on a night out 

Just now, Royal_D said:

Can’t believe I’m on a football forum talking about accountants , rules and regulations and some pathetic FFP scheme introduced by an organisation that’s about as competent as Sheffield City Council are at preventing the city flooding everytime there’s a bit of rain ...

Genuinely falling out with football , what an absolute charade it’s turning into 

I dunno...

You do know our accontants are..

"Jeffers Jeffers an' Bothroyd"

very hard workers from all accounts...

1 minute ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Not wishing the worst on us. It’s just pretty obvious. The EFL wouldn’t have charged us if they weren’t certain we’d broke the rules. It’s coming. 

Not saying you're wrong, but I think there's more at play here than rules and regulations.

A lot has happened recently with Bury, Bolton, Macclesfield, Derby, Boro and so on.

I think the EFL are desperate to make an example out of someone; to reassert their authority over the leagues and show that they know what they're doing.

Unfortunately, we have left ourselves wide open.