EFL Statement

Just reading there looking at a further points deduction for a club in Bolton who are barely still alive ...  and likely relegated as it is with the Punishment already received !  

anyone any suggestion as to what the EFL think this achieves ?  In there interests of who and what is it to destroy clubs ?

4 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

Yea you can see them 3 having a chat can't you....

Delphjon "What did you do Guido?"

"I tried to blow up the houses of Parliament.....You?

" I took over Sheffield Wednesday"

Guido.."Are you f.ookin' mad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Well uncle Milan told me it was a good deal and his mate Harry Redknapp said it couldn't go wrong.

2 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Derby ? Villa ?  What about them ? Any chance of them getting ‘exactly what they deserve’ of this set of incompetent chimps ? 

Not sure. But you're assuming that all those situations are exactly the same.

I'm not going to act like I know any of the details cos I don't but maybe the paperwork and value of derbys stadium adds up and makes sense?

Maybe they've looked into ours and found all sorts of issues and a value etc that doesn't hold up. 

I don't know

1 minute ago, Royal_D said:

Just reading there looking at a further points deduction for a club in Bolton who are barely still alive ...  and likely relegated as it is with the Punishment already received !  

anyone any suggestion as to what the EFL think this achieves ?  In there interests of who and what is it to destroy clubs ?

Who knows Royal....probably looking for clubs to make an example of..hasn't quite worked with Bury or Bolton...Wednesday on the other hand?...Totally different kettle of big fish

19 minutes ago, ZicoSterland2 said:

So Villa and Derby get no sanction/investigation but we go in front of the EFLs FFP breach panel . Sheffield United admit they were secretly under embargo but somehow still brought players in no investigation. Whatever this club does at present we seem to cover ourselves in the brown smelly stuff. I don't blame DC as I wasn't moaning when we were in the playoffs and looking likely to go up.(how that Huddersfield result comes back to haunt us ). The irony is for the first time in 25 years we have an owner willing to spend money but isn't allowed to. It is blatantly obvious the FFP rules don't work as the majority of teams in the Championship are deep in debt but it would seem some are better at disguising this than us. Im sure we will get over this in time but the worry is who would buy us if DC walked. 

Just to be clear, Sheffield United were never under an embargo, you made that one up. 

We had a cash flow problem which of ot wasnt fixed, we would potentially have been under embargo. But we fixed it. Without selling our stadium to ourselves then fudging the books. 

Good luck with this one.

Elf club representatives

Mark Ashton - Championship Director – Bristol City

Stephen Pearce - Championship Director – Derby County

Nigel Howe - Championship Director – Reading

hmmmmm I wonder

Just now, MartyMcfly said:

Just to be clear, Sheffield United were never under an embargo, you made that one up. 

We had a cash flow problem which of ot wasnt fixed, we would potentially have been under embargo. But we fixed it. Without selling our stadium to ourselves then fudging the books. 

Good luck with this one.

Your team is in top half of prem and your posting on Owlstalk ...

How embarrassing 

1 minute ago, MartyMcfly said:

Good luck with this one.

Good luck with the Prince raising the funds to buy that stadium off McCabe. 

• Like 1

On 02/11/2019 at 17:00, HillsboroughOwlNI said:

Poor performance, some unlucky breaks, still only  4 points off top. Where will we be when we start playing well? 

Perspective.

1 minute ago, MartyMcfly said:

Good luck with this one.

Yes well done taliban money got you out of it. 

46 minutes ago, swfc1983 said:

Whatever the outcome of this is, it needs to be our ground zero....end of.

This club needs a remodelling and restart from top to bottom. Fresh ideas and fresh impetus on and off the pitch.If that means Chansiri moves on then so be it. He’s had a good go has DC but his stubbornness and mistakes with player recruitment and sales is now going to cost us dear.

Whatever the outcome this club will always have its greatest asset..the fans. Those who have been drove away with ridiculous pricing must be encouraged back and the atmosphere at Hillsborough has to be improved. Things have gone stale and apathy has set in. 
Use this as refresh opportunity.

Excellent post, whatever the outcome, and it's out of the genuine fans hands, lets start from scratch.

DC has done his best, in the best interests of the club I believe, but things have been wrong for a while, D-Taxis for a start!

We need transparency for the fans, because at the end of the day, it's us that will be here in years to come.

9 minutes ago, poite said:

Getting exactly what we deserve. Anyone with an ounce of sense could see what a mess this was going to turn into. 

Dunt matter though. Chansiri is a fantastic owner for this football club. Hes spent loads on players and when he goes on holiday his son wears a Wednesday kit. 

Sure we'll be reyt

What upsets me is some Wednesday fans gloating about the situation.

Sad don't you think? 

• Like 2

Just now, Royal_D said:

Your team is in top half of prem and your posting on Owlstalk ...

How embarrassing 

Not really. Your predicament is embarrassing. I'm just interested in your affairs as a fellow football supporter and rival club. Just standard practice and I'm not embarrassed by it at all. You're obviously a bit touchy though aren't you sweetheart