EFL Statement

2 minutes ago, MRGRIM said:

wouldn’t accountants need to sign off on the accounts? 

You would think so yes. As I say it’s only my take on the wording of the efl statement. To me it reads that they are unhappy with how we’ve put it in the books not how much we’ve sold it for. 

Whatever the outcome of this is, it needs to be our ground zero....end of.

This club needs a remodelling and restart from top to bottom. Fresh ideas and fresh impetus on and off the pitch.If that means Chansiri moves on then so be it. He’s had a good go has DC but his stubbornness and mistakes with player recruitment and sales is now going to cost us dear.

Whatever the outcome this club will always have its greatest asset..the fans. Those who have been drove away with ridiculous pricing must be encouraged back and the atmosphere at Hillsborough has to be improved. Things have gone stale and apathy has set in. 
Use this as refresh opportunity.

57 minutes ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

In English law a deal can be struck on a hand shake or gentlemanly agreement, If this is so then back dating the paperwork should not be of consequence.

I do think though we should file a suit against Gibson under the trades description act describing Rhodes as a footballer of worth. 

Knowing us we probably 'sold it' to an entity that didn't even exist in 2017-18! :ghoulguy:

Not sure what this does for the certified accountants who agreed to sign this off as acceptable. I would have hoped they are more savvy about the rules of financial accounting practices than the EFL......... 

1 minute ago, Beholder said:

Don't understand he thought the club would get away with logging the sale in the wrong accounts year.

The whole thing is shambolic.

Seeing villa and derby do it so jumped on the bandwagon, but as a bodged afterthought. 

Ffs

It does look shambolic but surely he spoke to accountants and lawyers who had an understanding of the rules before he did this? You would imagine someone also spoke to the EFL at some point for advice. 

1 minute ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Knowing us we probably 'sold it' to an entity that didn't even exist in 2017-18! :ghoulguy:

Not sure what this does for the certified accountants who agreed to sign this off as acceptable. I would have hoped they are more savvy about the rules of financial accounting practices than the EFL......... 

is it Savvy?...Or is it downright illegal to do....?

I mean if its the latter...What in the name of f.ook where they thinking?

Whilst I think the club have definitely chanced it putting it in the 17/18 accounts, what I don’t get is in the summer we were under a soft embargo that needed the EFL to review and sign off the (late submitted) 17/18 accounts before we could leave the embargo. So if they were happy enough in the summer, what’s changed now? I appreciate they will be doing more of an in depth review and analysis now, but surely the stadium sale in the accounts would be the main area of quite substantial focus before they let us out the embargo?

3 minutes ago, swfc1983 said:

This club needs a remodelling and restart from top to bottom. Fresh ideas and fresh impetus on and off the pitch.If that means Chansiri moves on then so be it. He’s had a good go has DC but his stubbornness and mistakes with player recruitment and sales is now going to cost us dear.

Whatever the outcome this club will always have its greatest asset..the fans. Those who have been drove away with ridiculous pricing must be encouraged back and the atmosphere at Hillsborough has to be improved. Things have gone stale and apathy has set in. 

Totally agree - but it won’t happen. We’ll just keep stumbling along from crisis to crisis.

3 minutes ago, swfc1983 said:

Whats Red Bull up to these days:ph34r:. Or the PSG owners.

Just now, kevtheowl said:

Can’t see what we’ve done wrong ?  We sold the ground !! Other clubs Derby, Villa have done the same, but nobody as mentioned them.      UTO 

We didn’t account for the ground sale in the right financial year.

The rules are absolutely ridiculous and unfair. But they’re the rules and we thought we could outsmart the league. Unfortunately not the case. 

9 minutes ago, Beholder said:

Don't understand he thought the club would get away with logging the sale in the wrong accounts year.

The whole thing is shambolic.

Seeing villa and derby do it so jumped on the bandwagon, but as a bodged afterthought. 

Ffs

The fact that a reputable firm of certified accountants signed it off based on what they believed to be approved accounting practices. That probably gave him some hope of getting away with it.

2 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

It will be 12 point deduction. We made a loss of 60m. Compare that to Brum, they made a loss of 48m and got 9 points.

We’ve tried to fudge the accounts whilst breaking FFP. Our punishment will be worse. 

Think you’ll find it’s innocent until proven guilty. Why wish the worst on your club. UTO 

20 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

I think the FFP breach is 12pts. What the reprimand for misconduct in cooking the books is...I haven't got a clue. Doubt Chansiri has either. The consequences could be dire. This isn't just a footballing/EFL matter. 

yer im with you it be 12 points for going over 39 million then another points deduction for misconduct could be 20-25 points then revenue etc will be after chansiri , d taxis? will be looked into next , they will want us relegated so if they can manage it with deductions they will im sure of it. ive had worries of this 4-5 years ago and got shot down on here . oh well some good days out in league 1 aint there.