EFL Statement

Just now, alanharper said:

Have Derby and Reading blatantly fiddled the sale date to make it fit into the most convenient year's accounts though?

And have they had various "sponsors" which are blatantly non trading shell companies? 

Tbf a lot of companies are sponsored by their kbwrs and companies, none more blatant than us though.

However, Elev8 are now a proper company and it took them 2 years. Maybe the others are just taking their time too lol

• Like 1

Urrghhh, who to blame.... I dunno, at some point ive got to stop saying, its not be being paranoid somebody out there wants us on the rack. 

All we need is Hillsborough to flood and weve got a full house of disaster bingo. 

Edited by Maddogbob
  • Haha 1

Just now, owls maniac said:

We can bleat on about how we should be able to spend our money how we please etc etc. 

Fact is the rules are in place and have been for some time. DC has spent the last three seasons setting absurd valuations and refusing to move players on. We as fans are paying some of the highest prices in the league.

I’m flipping fuming with the owner right now. He’s once again been shown to be totally out of his depth. 

exactly this. Clubs know the rules. It’s shocking running of the club. He has made so many mistakes that are slowly killing the club. 

Just now, WalthamOwl said:

exactly this. Clubs know the rules. It’s shocking running of the club. He has made so many mistakes that are slowly killing the club. 

Don’t know how anyone can look at the current mess and think he is the the person to take us forward as a club. I don’t see any side of the club that has improved during his tenure. 

Guest wilyfox
2 minutes ago, handworth52 said:

its far from a write off . how big will the points deduction be? whats the most they could hit us with? anything more than 15 points we will have a job stopping up ,and then what kind of decline are we in? with a huge drop in turnover and still will a huge wage bill(yes a lot are out of contract) look at a big club like sunderland and they are struggling in league 1.  this club has been run like a joke for 5 years now it looks like its penalty time and im sure they (efl) will hit us with a maximum hit . very worrying 

I think the FFP breach is 12pts. What the reprimand for misconduct in cooking the books is...I haven't got a clue. Doubt Chansiri has either. The consequences could be dire. This isn't just a footballing/EFL matter. 

Always the victims?

As a Wednesday fan...yea...probably.

The club must have known the rules, we tried to bend 'em, we broke 'em....Mea Culpa lads...

Hold your hand up DC, You honestly must be...or f.ookin' should be surrounded by folk who could or should, give you advice about this sort of thing...but No

"My way or the Highway" ?

Who knows...

One thing I do know...Its not the fans fault, we have stood for the lot...

Highest prices in the league

A f.ookin' plethora of not being allowed to bring as much as a sodding bottle top in...Jos Luhukay...Bruce , Jordan Rhodes...(ooops I forgot, me and a couple offa the Kop bought him)

An half empty ground through not only disinterested, but disenfranchised fans....I'm starting to think DC doesn't mind The North being denuded...cos the emptier it is..The more his name stands out..It looks like "Chansi" at the minute mate....and it certainly bloody is!

Hey hos..Hi Hos...f.ook knows.

We might actually need this...It might actually give the fans and the team a siege mentality we should have had years ago...

Always the victims?

Yea pretty much !

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, owls maniac said:

We can bleat on about how we should be able to spend our money how we please etc etc. 

Fact is the rules are in place and have been for some time. DC has spent the last three seasons setting absurd valuations and refusing to move players on. We as fans are paying some of the highest prices in the league.

I’m flipping fuming with the owner right now. He’s once again been shown to be totally out of his depth. 

Yep. The rules are there, we’ve tried to exploit them but seemingly made a hash of it. Yes it’s unfair that clubs like Wolves have gone up and don’t feel the consequences. But there are plenty of clubs who have gained promotion in recent seasons without breaking the rules. 

Let’s face it. The first two seasons under Chansiri were reckless, boom or bust tactics and now we are feeling the consequences. The refusal to move players on since 2017 has only made it a whole lot worse.

7 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

A 12 point deduction would see us drop to 4th from bottom, just ABOVE Steve Gibson’s Middlesboro.

Even with the EFL’s help, they’re still sh1tter than us.lol

Probably won't be decided for a few months yet, Birmingham's deduction was in late March.

Presumably they'll deduct just enough points to put us in the s--t 

1 hour ago, We'llNeverBeMastered said:

So they can expect the same punishment (whatever ours may be) next year?

No. The way I’m reading it (might be wrong) is that we sold our stadium in 2019 but put it in the 2018 account so in other words falsified the books. That’s just my take on it though. 

1 hour ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

100% but the rules are tug.

Think we have a decent defence but won't say much on it in case the EFL are monitoring to predict what we may use as defence.

Hope people follow that too.

I agree. Would have been interesting if it was a "fashionable" club like when QPR broke the rules.

I bet if it was Leeds they would have got away with it. 

I suppose it's just the Wednesday way. We finally get an owner willing to spend money and then we aren't allowed to.:duntmatter:

Just now, northeastowl said:

No. The way I’m reading it (might be wrong) is that we sold our stadium in 2019 but put it in the 2018 account so in other words falsified the books. That’s just my take on it though. 

wouldn’t accountants need to sign off on the accounts? 

1 minute ago, jp1981 said:

I agree. Would have been interesting if it was a "fashionable" club like when QPR broke the rules.

I bet if it was Leeds they would have got away with it. 

I suppose it's just the Wednesday way. We finally get an owner willing to spend money and then we aren't allowed to.:duntmatter:

Spot on...also..If under the rules you aren't allowed to do summat.....You don't f.ookin' do it

4 minutes ago, alanharper said:

Probably won't be decided for a few months yet, Birmingham's deduction was in late March.

Presumably they'll deduct just enough points to put us in the s--t 

Beginning to think the EFL have got it in for us.lol I can see it now we will some how get to second and then they will issue a 600 point deduction and relegate us to the Conference.