Morgan Fox

52 minutes ago, poite said:

This confuses me. 

Here's Morgan Fox, a player who for a large part of his time with us has been nowhere near good enough, finally proving his doubters (plonkers) wrong with recent performances - judging by your comment. 

But you then go on to continue to slate a goalkeeper who has been incredible for the majority of his time with us. A keeper who has (admittedly) seen some faults recently but at the same time has by far won us more points than he's ever conceded. 

Its strange logic. 

I don’t get why people take it personally . You aren’t Westwood and it’s not a personal attack . For me his performances are and haven’t been all year up to the standards required and I think he should be replaced . Would I boo him ? No , I’m not a moron. Would I support him when I’m at the game ? Yes . Do I think he deserves his place ? No he’s been dire . 

Again it’s about the past . I’m not interested what he has done I’m interested in what he is doing . David hirst was good shall we get him back (that being a bad example , he would probably still score more than our current strikers) . 

11 hours ago, malek said:

It must be partly down to Monk who must have figured out how to use him best. Fox is not your typical full back, but Monk doesn't ask him to play as one helping him to concentrate on what he does well. It must have helped his confidence as can be seen from his performances last month and today.

That sounds like hes a ten year old playing on a sunday 

Hes supposed to be a pro footballer 

11 hours ago, hugeowl said:

He has improved but I will be very surprised if a left back is not on Monks list of priorities 

Of course it will be. Left full back is the only position in the squad without cover.

If Fox is injured we have to play Palmer or Thorniley out of position.

Fox has shown great attitude in the face of terrible treatment from some of our fans who love a scapegoat 

Competition for his place might well improve him further.

11 hours ago, hugeowl said:

He has improved but I will be very surprised if a left back is not on Monks list of priorities 

Agreed.

It should be in the top 2 of his list along with a pacey front man 

Despite this current love in, Fox has only been ok at the best in this current period. He’s decent as cover but we really do need improvement in that area 

Just now, McRightSide said:

Love it when players give a bit back to the fans.

Those good old precious snowflakes who scream abuse all game but can’t take a little Playful gesture in return

Like Blades fans when Vardy gave it back after they abused him all game. Hilarious! 

What was ironic was their fans having a go at Wednesday fans for loving it when he'd never played for us yet the whole reason they were booing him was because he's a Wednesday fan. Like you say - many fans can give it out but feel violated when they get it back. Including ours. 

11 hours ago, Mr. Tom said:

Good honest solid defender, prone to an error. So is Iorfa. So is Borner. So is Palmer. Etc etc.

Glad to see him earning a bit of respect back. He's one of very few for us who I've NEVER seen nesh a tackle. Not once.

it would be interesting to see the figures that show how many goals we conceded from dropping b*llocks in or just before the build up, in comparison to how many we score from which include the opposition dropping a b*llock in our favour.

Gave fox mom but changed my mind watching it back despite his goal.

For their equaliser he lost his man who had an easy header (wwood didnt help), he lost his man for the brilliant wwood save leading to the equalising corner, and easily let a cross in where lees lost his man but ayew missed, thats 3 errors that could have led to more than 1 goal.

Seems to be slow footed when crosses come in or when ran at and switches off too much, not just in this game either.

Wont ever be a top champ lb imo, but has improved with the ball at least.

Quick lb, quick striker and kieron lee replacement next summer would help us alot.

1 hour ago, james o connor said:

I don’t get why people take it personally . You aren’t Westwood and it’s not a personal attack . For me his performances are and haven’t been all year up to the standards required and I think he should be replaced . Would I boo him ? No , I’m not a moron. Would I support him when I’m at the game ? Yes . Do I think he deserves his place ? No he’s been dire . 

Again it’s about the past . I’m not interested what he has done I’m interested in what he is doing . David hirst was good shall we get him back (that being a bad example , he would probably still score more than our current strikers) . 

Take it personally?  I'm not Westwood and it's not a personal attack?

You've completely lost me.

I was merely commenting on your post and the logic around it. 

3 hours ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Sheffielders hate people who are more successful and on more cash then them.

That's part of the reason why many hate the office staff at their work.

Written with feeling and resentment that suggests this is an issue close to your heart! :bullen:

12 hours ago, Owls2k said:

Just perused the highlights and it was Fox's man for the equaliser, no wonder Monk was subdued in his post-match praise when invited to by the interviewer  

The 2nd goal, yes fox loses his man, but I'm guessing he thought Westwood was going to claim/punch the ball .. still think westwood was culpable though rather than anyone else

3 hours ago, dorian gray said:

it would be interesting to see the figures that show how many goals we conceded from dropping b*llocks in or just before the build up, in comparison to how many we score from which include the opposition dropping a b*llock in our favour.

true, but i reckon that stat is kept well-hidden by the footballing powers that be for good reason - if we realised that 96.6% of all goals are just the result of tremendous fudge-ups, we'd all stop watching football lol

1 hour ago, Mr. Tom said:

true, but i reckon that stat is kept well-hidden by the footballing powers that be for good reason - if we realised that 96.6% of all goals are just the result of tremendous fudge-ups, we'd all stop watching football lol

that's why when channel 4/5 (or whoever) put that Italian shyte on about 20 odd years ago we found it as entertaining as 'embroidery' (no offence intended to the bayeux tapestry),

it wasn't the cut and thrust of english football that we were used to, but then generally when Italian sides met england, there was only one winner (if it really mattered) as we couldn't defend, and they could.

• Haha 1