Morgan Fox

9 minutes ago, HIGHERSTATE said:

Genuinely can't see what his wages have to do with anything.

Sheffielders really have a chip on their shoulder about money don't they.

His wages have absolutely no bearing  in his desire to play to the best of his ability.

Sorry mate, but you are wrong. Especially with FFP in place.

21 minutes ago, torryowl said:

you say that but he's seen off pudil and penney and as it stands if we want someone better that him they wont come cheap ……

Not sure mate. He got his role tailor made for himself, and from what I've seen he is not playing full back role for us (in my opinion), he is a stop gap solution. He is not going on overleap to help winger up his side, nor he is one defeing against quick and agile wingers, and is often used as 3'rd cb.

3 minutes ago, malek said:

Not sure mate. He got his role tailor made for himself, and from what I've seen he is not playing full back role for us (in my opinion), he is a stop gap solution. He is not going on overleap to help winger up his side, nor he is one defeing against quick and agile wingers, and is often used as 3'rd cb.

I don't know what your watching then coz I think he's playing well and always as done …...very few skin him coz defensively he's sound which is what what you want from a full back …..

Just now, torryowl said:

I don't know what your watching then coz I think he's playing well and always as done …...very few skin him coz defensively he's sound which is what what you want from a full back …..

My point is that he is not playing full back role, but kind of a 3'rd CB just like Argentina used to do in early 2000's. It is never him to defend against opposite winger, or offering support up his side going on overleap. In my opinion, Monk created kind of a hybrid role for him and Fox is playing it well, and he got his MOTM award deservedly.

32 minutes ago, Owls2k said:

Just perused the highlights and it was Fox's man for the equaliser, no wonder Monk was subdued in his post-match praise when invited to by the interviewer  

Having just watched it back I've got to agree. Couldn't tell whose man it was at the time in the ground but Fox lets his man run off him and he ends up bundling it in from close range. He also had the chance to clear for the first goal as well but waited too long for it to drop and Ayew pounced. Don't get me wrong, Westwood is largely culpable on both goals but Fox had the chance to bail his team mate out twice by doing the defensive side of his job properly, which is what he is in the side for.

Shame really because he put a couple of great crosses in early on and was on hand for what should have been the winner. 

Soon as he cupped his ears I was laughing my head off, should he do it ? No not really , but the abuse he gets off the ‘fans’ is a disgrace in my opinion 

Nuhius done similar at times,  don’t really know why some fans are so sensitive to it , we give it out we should be able to take a bit back 

1 hour ago, The Horse said:

Copy and pasted from another thread but still stands..

It's Morgan Fox I feel for this eve.

Got player of the month, scored what he thought was the winner, giving it the ears to the boo boys and celebrated like a demon had been slain.

Then they all go and royally wee wee on his chips.

Well, I say feel for him...

He'll have just got paid in a week what I almost make in a year so I'm sure he's not feeling too bad.

But you know what I mean.

He deserved to be the match winner today.

You need a new job mate.

2 hours ago, WadsleyOwl said:

Gone from absolute dogshit to steady............WOW!

still not the answer. 

If he can improve to steady. Who knows he may improve even more. Nobody has said fox is the finished article.

He cupped his ears for the morons who think its clever to slate him regardless of his performance. 

I don't normally like players making statements after scoring. Fox has a point though. He will have heard his name being booed before kicking a ball. Probably by the same people celebrating his goal today without a single thought of their hypocrisy.

Why do some people think that they can have a positive influence on players but don't realise the negative impact that they can also make. 

Also Westwood was at fault for the goals today. Not fox. Westwood also made some terrific saves. Nobody blame Westwood for the result as his performance is judged on all his influences on the game. 

Foxes wages are totally irrelevant and shows how some people just want to slate him for anything even his pay. 

3 possibly 4 managers have now picked him so its clear we don't have better options. 

Seriously though can you believe some people think its fine to verbally insult a person but then get upset when he puts his hands to his ears after scoring for their supposedly beloved team. Never mind its the players career and how he puts food on the table. 

Much worse players have worn the shirt for much less abuse. Fox's attitude has been faultless. The same cannot be said for ignoramus match attendees who seem to get some strange satisfaction from making us have to listen to booing and their ill thought out opinions and choice of expressions. 

8 hours ago, HIGHERSTATE said:

Genuinely can't see what his wages have to do with anything.

Sheffielders really have a chip on their shoulder about money don't they.

His wages have absolutely no bearing  in his desire to play to the best of his ability.

Sheffielders hate people who are more successful and on more cash then them.

That's part of the reason why many hate the office staff at their work.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, james o connor said:

He probably wanted to tell Westwood to F off . I know I would have done . Great for the lad the plonkers amongst our fan base are seeing him for what he is 

This confuses me. 

Here's Morgan Fox, a player who for a large part of his time with us has been nowhere near good enough, finally proving his doubters (plonkers) wrong with recent performances - judging by your comment. 

But you then go on to continue to slate a goalkeeper who has been incredible for the majority of his time with us. A keeper who has (admittedly) seen some faults recently but at the same time has by far won us more points than he's ever conceded. 

Its strange logic. 

Guest Grez Bez
16 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Sheffielders hate people who are more successful and on more cash then them.

That's part of the reason why many hate the office staff at their work.

And why Sheffield is falling behind other similar size cities