Morgan Fox

Was so thrilled for him when he scored. Equally gutted when it proved not to be the winner. Still, I'm sure he will have enjoyed that moment. 

That coupled with winning player of the month and now being tracked by Wales. Who'd have thought it after the appalling way he was treated earlier in the season. 

Well done Morgan. He has shown strong mental resolve to come through that. Hope he continues to kick on. Would love him to have a blinder against Charlton after the break. 

• Thanks 3

It must be partly down to Monk who must have figured out how to use him best. Fox is not your typical full back, but Monk doesn't ask him to play as one helping him to concentrate on what he does well. It must have helped his confidence as can be seen from his performances last month and today.

Edited by malek

Great to see him score and deserves the praise after his consistent performances over last couple of months when wrote off by majority of fan base. 

Think Fox is clearly a confidence player - seemed to lose his focus when Westwood had a pop at him in first half after their mix up. 

As a fan base we really do need to just back our players and support them more - we really can make the difference and impact on performances 

9 minutes ago, sexpistol said:

I liked his performance when he cupped his ears. I’m sure that was aimed at our moronic fans who have given him grief.

The problem with cupping your ears after scoring one is that you can’t them lose your player from their corner who scores....especially if you were caught ball watching for their first.

Fox has scored 1 today and was partly culpable for 2 of theirs.....hardly an ear cupping performance 

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Ian said:

The problem with cupping your ears after scoring one is that you can’t them lose your player from their corner who scores....especially if you were caught ball watching for their first.

Fox has scored 1 today and was partly culpable for 2 of theirs.....hardly an ear cupping performance 

He has improved but I will be very surprised if a left back is not on Monks list of priorities 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Owl 44 said:

Was so thrilled for him when he scored. Equally gutted when it proved not to be the winner. Still, I'm sure he will have enjoyed that moment. 

That coupled with winning player of the month and now being tracked by Wales. Who'd have thought it after the appalling way he was treated earlier in the season. 

Well done Morgan. He has shown strong mental resolve to come through that. Hope he continues to kick on. Would love him to have a blinder against Charlton after the break. 

Foxed me that's for sure, shows what derermination and confidence can do. 

43 minutes ago, S63 Owl said:

Great to see him score and deserves the praise after his consistent performances over last couple of months when wrote off by majority of fan base. 

Think Fox is clearly a confidence player - seemed to lose his focus when Westwood had a pop at him in first half after their mix up. 

As a fan base we really do need to just back our players and support them more - we really can make the difference and impact on performances 

He probably wanted to tell Westwood to F off . I know I would have done . Great for the lad the plonkers amongst our fan base are seeing him for what he is 

Guest Kagoshimaowl

I actually thought today was his worst in weeks. Him and Westwood were totally at fault for the goal and he went to pieces a bit after that. However, the thing I like about Fox is he’s a grafter and a brilliant sliding tackle which could have saved us a goal brought his confidence back. Loved his celebration in injury time too.

1 hour ago, S63 Owl said:

To me it looked like Fox was having a pop at Westwood .. it looked like Westwood didn't put a voice out then to either leave it, or for him to claim it ..

Guest The Horse

Copy and pasted from another thread but still stands..

It's Morgan Fox I feel for this eve.

Got player of the month, scored what he thought was the winner, giving it the ears to the boo boys and celebrated like a demon had been slain.

Then they all go and royally wee wee on his chips.

Well, I say feel for him...

He'll have just got paid in a week what I almost make in a year so I'm sure he's not feeling too bad.

But you know what I mean.

He deserved to be the match winner today.