We need to mobilise as a fanbase to oppose the “SYP/SAG” restrictions. How do we do that?

1 hour ago, latemodelchild said:

I don't think we can do much other than write to councillors etc. Unfortunately I doubt that will have any effect because of the risks involved on a match day. We have a group saying do this to avoid this happening. The club ignores it and something happens and we're in trouble. If the club ignores it and nothing happens we are in trouble just for ignoring it. Basically the safety advisory group has all the power. If it decided it was too dangerous to have the north and south stand open then as long as it gave a reason we would have to comply until we could challenge the order. That sounds extreme but its what's happening at the moment. We have to wait til December for the club to get a hearing, and I doubt we will win that one. 

Is it true that the sag has members of Sheffield Uniteds board on it? I've seen it mentioned on here and I think I've seen it confirmed but can't be sure. Can anyone provide the evidence? 

I think the club's advisors will be asking the following:

• What are the  crowd safety rules?
  • What is the current layout at Hillsborough, and how is it breaching the rules?
  • Are the rules being correctly applied by SAG?
  • If so, what are the best commercial alternatives/options in crowd safety?
  • Will these options be agreeable to SAG? In determining this SAG must abide by the rules, which again will need testing.

The implication is SAG are not applying the same rules for Hillsborough as they are for BL - two grounds in the same city, under the same SAG jurisdiction. As others have said, other Championship stadium appear to operate weekly with the same level of crowd circulation outside the ground. Therefore, why is Hillsborough different? We need to provoke the answer, which we all suspect is linked to the post events of 89.

Then we can challenge this, if so by legal means.

The major cause of the issues that happened at the derby game was that temporary wall the SYP somehow thinks helps. It means idiots can throw missiles into an area where the only people they will land on are rivals. It means all the people they face when they get to the end of the wall are rivals. Absolute crazy idea. Before that wall, almost immediately you leave the ground both sets of supporters are mingling and there is no our mob - their mob situation. Just a few well placed police officers to keep an eye on things and spotters watching the known hooligans was all it needed until that nonsense idea of a temporary wall was dreamed up by someone.

I don't think I have seen that pointed out, anywhere.

To change things, it might work if a campaign is started and taken up by local politicians (possibly other celebrities as well) and the media. Obviously the Sheffield Star seems to have no appetite to bring this issue to the fore so maybe look further afield to the Yorkshire Post or even national media. Another option might be using social media but I really don't know how you get that sort of thing started. Mass protests would also help if people can be bothered. 

Could we have the full details of what the restrictions are and what the club can or cannot do to get them lifted.

Is it a case of the club having to knock lepping lane down and rebuild it or is it a case of safety measure that have to be implemented in the ground to prevent the need of a reduced capacity or the silly restrictions outside.

I don't think either side SWFC or SYP and SCC and SAG are giving us the full details but as these meetings should really be on public record why can we not get the breakdown of what is needed to get the restrictions lifted.

I love the way in which the club are fighting their and our corner but if we could get the restrictions lifted by investing a bit of money or upgrading the existing ground then I would like to think the club and chairman would be equalling exploring every way to sort this issue.

That's why I ask does any one have full details of what the restrictions are and what the club need to do to get them lifted.

1 hour ago, room0035 said:

Could we have the full details of what the restrictions are and what the club can or cannot do to get them lifted.

Is it a case of the club having to knock lepping lane down and rebuild it or is it a case of safety measure that have to be implemented in the ground to prevent the need of a reduced capacity or the silly restrictions outside.

I don't think either side SWFC or SYP and SCC and SAG are giving us the full details but as these meetings should really be on public record why can we not get the breakdown of what is needed to get the restrictions lifted.

I love the way in which the club are fighting their and our corner but if we could get the restrictions lifted by investing a bit of money or upgrading the existing ground then I would like to think the club and chairman would be equalling exploring every way to sort this issue.

That's why I ask does any one have full details of what the restrictions are and what the club need to do to get them lifted.

I'm sure the two key documents will be the Man Uni report, which is the trigger for all this, and SWFC's own 'expert' reports submitted to the courts in determining a decision. I do hope and trust that finally, we will have a truly independent body determining these long-standing issues, without the implied prejudicial opinion which appears to have been applied to date.

I hate the drums discordant sound parading round and round the ground,

They cart a tuba up the Kop,...I can't bring in a bottle top

I can't walk home up Leppings Lane cos 20 Wigan fans... insane

Will split me skull..then eat me brain, ..to leave me bleeding in the rain

Me Sketchers any minute could...burst into flame and boil me blood

The shirt upon me back ignite...and set the f.ookin' Kop alight

Accordin' to the SYP,........... I well could suffer all of these,.... oh f.ookin' do give over please

I do not have explosive knees

On 20/10/2019 at 15:21, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

If they claimed that, it would open them up to a world of pain.

I didn't start attending matches at Hillsborough until '91. If the ground were fundamentally unsafe for the entirety of my football-watching life, I'd like to think that the police and any relevant council bodies whose responsibility it is to ensure the ground is safe would have noticed and acted upon this before now.

To have allowed me and tens of thousands of others to have attended hundreds of games in an unsafe stadium without any such restrictions in place for the past three decades would be tantamount to negligence. 

Unless these measures aren't really necessary, of course?

My claim is going in at this moment...20,000 fans suing SYP for not looking out for our safety. THAT would cause a stir for the STIR

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, daveyboy66 said:

My claim is going in at this moment...20,000 fans suing SYP for not looking out for our safety. THAT would cause a stir for the STIR

Well they can't have it both ways, can they?

Either Hillsborough's been unsafe for the past few decades without SYP and the council doing anything about it, or it's been safe the whole time.

On 20/10/2019 at 10:09, Animis said:

In the mean time, fans should urge all residents and business owners they know in the affected areas to write; objecting to the proposals. These proposals are only at consultation stage so they can be amended or stopped subject to the level of objection.

You don’t have to be a resident or business to lodge an objection. Any member of the public that will be affected by it can do so.

I called Tim Hibbert today and asked the following questions..

1) If we’re in consultation period re the proposed TRO how is it roads around the stadium are closed before it’s been passed? He told me that this is possible under some different legislation which I can’t remember the specifics of. 

2) Why have the proposals not been advertised in a local paper or in public space around the affected area? He didn’t know they had to do so and committed to checking and rectifying if appropriate

3) Why the extra changes to what’s already happened so far this season? He told me things will continue as normal in respect of road closures, it’s just the parking restrictions that are the biggest change. Apparently the the TRO goes further in case they ever need it to respond to emergencies etc

I took him at his word, hope he’s not having my pants down. It makes sense though, how the TRO is proposed is to cover all scenarios such as kick off times etc.

On 20/10/2019 at 15:26, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

I think you are bang on the money. This comes from billings throwing our hard earned at the Duckenfield defence team trying to justify Hillsborough as not fit for purpose. Could do with two or three standing for council on a WAWAW platform. Winning doesn't matter, though not beyond the bounds of possibility, the point is getting the platform with lots of well prepared press releases. Problem is issue could ? be resolved by the May elections, still worth a punt though !

That is 100% untrue. The PCC has refused to pay any money for Duckenfield's defence. Stop posting lies.

Edited by Steelman

How about if lots of people turned up like this (only probably to a lesser extent):

Image result for bubble wrap man

You can get rolls of Bubble Wrap for a quid so probably cheaper than wrapping yourself in cotton wool but with the same message sent that we're actually adults (apart from the ones who are actually actually kids) and don't need a 10 mile radius sanitising of all threats in order to survive a 90 minute game of football

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, Ash76 said:

You don’t have to be a resident or business to lodge an objection. Any member of the public that will be affected by it can do so.

I called Tim Hibbert today and asked the following questions..

1) If we’re in consultation period re the proposed TRO how is it roads around the stadium are closed before it’s been passed? He told me that this is possible under some different legislation which I can’t remember the specifics of. 

2) Why have the proposals not been advertised in a local paper or in public space around the affected area? He didn’t know they had to do so and committed to checking and rectifying if appropriate

3) Why the extra changes to what’s already happened so far this season? He told me things will continue as normal in respect of road closures, it’s just the parking restrictions that are the biggest change. Apparently the the TRO goes further in case they ever need it to respond to emergencies etc

I took him at his word, hope he’s not having my pants down. It makes sense though, how the TRO is proposed is to cover all scenarios such as kick off times etc.

In terms of residents, if you lived on Vere Road for example, your road would have 'No waiting' restrictions which I assume is no parking in reality. I assume residents will have some form of permit parking allowing them to park. However, both Leppings Lane and Penistone Road will be closed. Therefore, you're effectively stopped from going to and from your house on match days - what if you have to work?

Also, why are there proposed no parking restrictions on Rawson Spring Road? Are these new? Are businesses open down there on Saturday? Is this a crowd safety matter?

We should all wear high vis jackets. Then we are totally visible at all times. 

This saga is totally winding me up.

We’re the (second)oldest team in the world and only now they want us to change the way we leave the ground.