We need to mobilise as a fanbase to oppose the “SYP/SAG” restrictions. How do we do that?

3 hours ago, casbahowl said:

Really think the timing of all this, coinciding with Duckenfields retrial speaks volumes.

At some stage the defence is going to submit that Hillsborough has a fundamental safety  design fault, it had it in 89 and it still has it now m’lud, just look at the restrictions SYP/SAG/SCC have recently had to put in place just to keep the fans safe!

Our client can’t possibly be guilty!

Wednesday being used as the sacrificial lamb to finally put the disaster to bed!

I think you are bang on the money. This comes from billings throwing our hard earned at the Duckenfield defence team trying to justify Hillsborough as not fit for purpose. Could do with two or three standing for council on a WAWAW platform. Winning doesn't matter, though not beyond the bounds of possibility, the point is getting the platform with lots of well prepared press releases. Problem is issue could ? be resolved by the May elections, still worth a punt though !

Edited by nevthelodgemoorowl
  • Thanks 2

Perhaps the best way is for us as supporters to study how other police forces and local authorities cope with crowd management. Older grounds in similar areas with busy roads and narrow streets of terraced houses. Griffin Park, Craven Cottage, QPR , even Anfield, Hawthorns, and  Molyneux . All are inner city stadia with similar surroundings, some with larger crowds than our own. They seem to manage with minimal disruption, probably closing a road for 30 minutes or so.

Collect the evidence, submit to both club, local press and social media. Show how Sheffield is out of step and run by incompetents. Child abuse, SYP leaking info to press in high profile cases, ridiculous tree felling policy. The evidence is out there.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Blatter said:

Perhaps the best way is for us as supporters to study how other police forces and local authorities cope with crowd management. Older grounds in similar areas with busy roads and narrow streets of terraced houses. Griffin Park, Craven Cottage, QPR , even Anfield, Hawthorns, and  Molyneux . All are inner city stadia with similar surroundings, some with larger crowds than our own. They seem to manage with minimal disruption, probably closing a road for 30 minutes or so.

Collect the evidence, submit to both club, local press and social media. Show how Sheffield is out of step and run by incompetents. Child abuse, SYP leaking info to press in high profile cases, ridiculous tree felling policy. The evidence is out there.

Exactly.this needs to happen to the blithering idiots at SYP and the SCC. :tango:

giphy.gif

The policies of SYP, SAC and noiw Stagecoach and its Soupertram, is having a great effect on None-=football supporters. Probably more than on Wednesdayites, and thus is showing a very poor aspect of Sheffield

The Soupertram has had to be suspended, yet this is the principal exit for AWAY supporters under the new regulations, yet the people of Sheffield are suffering more than any other. One business in particular will be affected, the Chippy at the bottom of Vere Road which is used admittedly by w'ites but often by away supporters.

The main route out of  Sheffield towards the North is to be closed, a major traffic artery connecting Sheffield and the Northern General Hospitallet alone one of the main routes INTO Sheffield.

I can well remember the times when the OLD trrams were running and crowds of 60K could be dispersed within 30 mins, and little trouble. Now SYP are giving the impression that Sheffield, or the North side of it in particular , is a no-go area. Maybe we should send for the SAS 

37 minutes ago, Buxtongent said:

The policies of SYP, SAC and noiw Stagecoach and its Soupertram, is having a great effect on None-=football supporters. Probably more than on Wednesdayites, and thus is showing a very poor aspect of Sheffield

The Soupertram has had to be suspended, yet this is the principal exit for AWAY supporters under the new regulations, yet the people of Sheffield are suffering more than any other. One business in particular will be affected, the Chippy at the bottom of Vere Road which is used admittedly by w'ites but often by away supporters.

The main route out of  Sheffield towards the North is to be closed, a major traffic artery connecting Sheffield and the Northern General Hospitallet alone one of the main routes INTO Sheffield.

I can well remember the times when the OLD trrams were running and crowds of 60K could be dispersed within 30 mins, and little trouble. Now SYP are giving the impression that Sheffield, or the North side of it in particular , is a no-go area. Maybe we should send for the SAS 

I look at it the other way and would ask why it’s only us. And don’t give me the Jack Ruby Grassy Knoll nonsense about the Hillsborough disaster and conspiracy theories around the council not wanting us in the city, or Pigs on this SAG thing. My firm belief is that DC, like many other things in and around this club, isn’t playing ball. 

26 minutes ago, vulva said:

I look at it the other way and would ask why it’s only us. And don’t give me the Jack Ruby Grassy Knoll nonsense about the Hillsborough disaster and conspiracy theories around the council not wanting us in the city, or Pigs on this SAG thing. My firm belief is that DC, like many other things in and around this club, isn’t playing ball. 

You’re welcome to your opinion/agenda!

13 hours ago, Drewswfc said:

Not sure but count me in.... they're getting right on my tïts

Count me in as well

It's beyond ridiculous 

Pigs get their slippers off, Toytown get their buckets out and we sit back and take it. Am sure that there are far more intelligent people than me on this site that's are able to come up with a cunning plan to enable us to back club and highlight this shambles?

Enough is enough 

7 hours ago, casbahowl said:

Really think the timing of all this, coinciding with Duckenfields retrial speaks volumes.

At some stage the defence is going to submit that Hillsborough has a fundamental safety  design fault, it had it in 89 and it still has it now m’lud, just look at the restrictions SYP/SAG/SCC have recently had to put in place just to keep the fans safe!

Our client can’t possibly be guilty!

Wednesday being used as the sacrificial lamb to finally put the disaster to bed!

Yep, agree 100% with this.  

1 hour ago, vulva said:

TBH - I think its a half and half thing. DC hasn't endeared himself to the authorities which is his prerogative as owner. The lack of No2s at Hillsborough in his absence probably has some impact on this.

The pigs, over the last 15 years have micro-managed the press, council, police and other authorities to the point they are not in the spot light on any issues - violence outside the ground etc, which is simply ignored by the authorities. 

McCabe was a master at control, and being from Sheffield and understanding the Sheffield culture definitely helped. That's now gone for them so they might find it increasing difficult to keep control.

In terms of SWFC, you like me pretty much carried on as normal for 15/20 years or so after Hillsborough in 89 until the government; legal/civil and press investigations into events. This was 20yrs or so after the event and attitudes to what happened bore no resemblance to attitudes and behavior by all at the time to football and fans in the 80s - we were scum.

DC had no involvement; cultural understand or investment in appeasing an increasingly hostile establishment towards SWFC over what happened. I'm sure MM didn't sit down with DC and explain the risks of spending £30m on SWFC which was mostly invested in Hillsborough.

I don't think we can do much other than write to councillors etc. Unfortunately I doubt that will have any effect because of the risks involved on a match day. We have a group saying do this to avoid this happening. The club ignores it and something happens and we're in trouble. If the club ignores it and nothing happens we are in trouble just for ignoring it. Basically the safety advisory group has all the power. If it decided it was too dangerous to have the north and south stand open then as long as it gave a reason we would have to comply until we could challenge the order. That sounds extreme but its what's happening at the moment. We have to wait til December for the club to get a hearing, and I doubt we will win that one. 

Is it true that the sag has members of Sheffield Uniteds board on it? I've seen it mentioned on here and I think I've seen it confirmed but can't be sure. Can anyone provide the evidence? 

23 hours ago, Mycroft said:

Their involved in the conspiracy as well dangerous times to be a Wednesday fan... Take care keep out of dark alleyways and stay away from beautiful foreign women who might approach you.

I'm not staying away from any beautiful foreign women, I'm in my 60's it's probably my last chance,

bring it on!

• Haha 2

On 20/10/2019 at 07:39, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

We could all take our shoes off and stand around in the club carpark for a bit?

:duntmatter:

Seriously, I don't know what the best way of responding is, but whatever we do, we need to ensure that we raise our objections without giving the authorities an opportunity to paint us or our club in a bad light. If we do, you can guarantee that they'll capitalise on it. We need to win the PR war if we're going to exert some pressure on them.

It would be great if one of our local journalists could do a bit of investigating, ask a few pertinent questions, and expose the ridiculous restrictions the club is operating under to a wider audience. Come on, Dom - now's your time to shine...

we would have to find a competent journalist first.........

Wish you all the best in that, be easier finding rocking horse doodoo.