We need to mobilise as a fanbase to oppose the “SYP/SAG” restrictions. How do we do that?

We could all take our shoes off and stand around in the club carpark for a bit?

:duntmatter:

Seriously, I don't know what the best way of responding is, but whatever we do, we need to ensure that we raise our objections without giving the authorities an opportunity to paint us or our club in a bad light. If we do, you can guarantee that they'll capitalise on it. We need to win the PR war if we're going to exert some pressure on them.

It would be great if one of our local journalists could do a bit of investigating, ask a few pertinent questions, and expose the ridiculous restrictions the club is operating under to a wider audience. Come on, Dom - now's your time to shine...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

We could all take our shoes off and stand around in the club carpark for a bit?

:duntmatter:

Seriously, I don't know what the best way of responding is, but whatever we do, we need to ensure that we raise our objections without giving the authorities an opportunity to paint us or our club in a bad light. If we do, you can guarantee that they'll capitalise on it. We need to win the PR war if we're going to exert some pressure on them.

It would be great if one of our local journalists could do a bit of investigating, ask a few pertinent questions, and expose the ridiculous restrictions the club is operating under to a wider audience. Come on, Dom - now's your time to shine.

Why aren't the local press not making more of this? It's like a vendetta against us. Why are they not pointing out what happens at hillsborough happens at pretty much every ground in the country. 

Just now, casbahowl said:

The local media need to get involved, their reluctance to do so is baffling bordering on sinister!

Maybe if high profile Wednesdayite’s, politicians, actors, musicians etc made direct contact then the media really couldn’t ignore.

Their involved in the conspiracy as well dangerous times to be a Wednesday fan... Take care keep out of dark alleyways and stay away from beautiful foreign women who might approach you.

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, Mycroft said:

Their involved in the conspiracy as well dangerous times to be a Wednesday fan... Take care keep out of dark alleyways and stay away from beautiful foreign women who might approach you.

Thanks for the advice.

I shall do all these immediately.

Although i cannot guarantee that the last one will be adhered to every time.

• Haha 3

I’ve slept on it and have an idea.

We (as in a massive amount of fans) could congregate on one or more of the key junctions for the diversion “Hong Kong protestor/Extinction Rebellion” style one hour before kick off for about 40 minutes. We could do this very close to the ground and still get into the game before kick off. This would fvvck up the council’s, SYP’s and SAG’s traffic plans and policy particularly if we publicised it and “applied” for it to be an official protest independent of SWFC because SYP would have to fund the policing of it.  We could do this before every Saturday match. 

13 minutes ago, shandypants said:

I’ve slept on it and have an idea.

We (as in a massive amount of fans) could congregate on one or more of the key junctions for the diversion “Hong Kong protestor/Extinction Rebellion” style one hour before kick off for about 40 minutes. We could do this very close to the ground and still get into the game before kick off. This would fvvck up the council’s, SYP’s and SAG’s traffic plans and policy particularly if we publicised it and “applied” for it to be an official protest independent of SWFC because SYP would have to fund the policing of it.  We could do this before every Saturday match. 

Nah. 

2 minutes ago, vulva said:

It’ll sort itself out. 

Be plenty of parking at the new ground between the M1 / M18 / A1 

Revert to being called The Wednesday at the same time.

I do think in seriousness raising the profile with the likes of David Garrido and Dale Johnson could help. The Star is under the control of the Pigs so no point going that route. 

1 minute ago, mkowl said:

Be plenty of parking at the new ground between the M1 / M18 / A1 

Revert to being called The Wednesday at the same time.

I do think in seriousness raising the profile with the likes of David Garrido and Dale Johnson could help. The Star is under the control of the Pigs so no point going that route. 

My view, and it’s a best guess, is that the club don’t communicate effectively with the various authorities. We have form in this, with the way they communicate with their own fans, other clubs on transfers and loans etc and the EFL around he issue of FFP.