Reach

31 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Haha both of you can’t be right.

He was very good first half. Watch the highlights tomorrow @scilly owl with a beer and watch the Hudders highlights again. You’ll see Reach features a whole lot more in the edits than you perhaps give him credit for.

I’ll try that friend. If beer makes him look good then I’ll get hammered every time I watch Wednesday. Hope it works, could be fun.

• Haha 2

Somebody tried to fist bump him as he came off but he snatched his hand away then threw something on floor in a rage before slumping in his seat. Looked to me like he was frustrated at his own performance. Can't be angry at Monk for taking him off. He was being hung out to dry. 

Just before he came off he seemed to pull out of a tackle which meant hutch had no option but to foul the opposition player.  My bet is monk saw this and wasn't impressed.  Hope so anyway cause reach has been getting away with not tackling for ages and no manager seems to drop him.  I'm hoping this manager is different

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Stoop said:

I thought Murphy was lively when he came on.

I don’t know what’s going on with Reach, maybe his form is suffering from his forever changing role in the side, whatever it is he’s not doing the business and needs dropping imo

Dropping for whom?

Reach & Murphy are yet to really get going this season. Hopefully, Murphy being dropped and Reach taken off will be the kick up the arse they need and remind them no-one should guaranteed their place. 

8 hours ago, S W F C said:

Terrible all game today. Never puts a foot in and backs out of a challenge 100% of the times. Not sure what his best position is. Needs dropping imo and play 2 up top

Terrible all games today - Don't agree at all, he was okay in the first half and created a couple of chances. Second half he was pants and Monk was correct to change. 

Never puts a foot in and backs out of a challenge 100% of the times - This is the reason many fans have an issue with him, he's never gonna be Vinnie Jones

Not sure what his best position is - I think you're the only Wednesdayite that is unsure of that

Needs dropping imo and play 2 up top - He's played well on the wing up until this second half, I'd still start him over Murphy at the moment. I agree that I don't thing he should be a supporting strikers or in the centre.

1 hour ago, jamiejohn said:

Said it for last 2 windows if a decent offer comes in sell. Doesn’t do enough and doesn’t fit any system 

He fits just fine with a system with wide players, the trouble is his attributes mean he can be used elsewhere as well which benefits the team (in the manager's eyes) but is to the detriment of his own personal performance.  

'Doesn't do enough' - His 8 goals and 7 assists last season tell a different story.

Let's not let one poor half ignite nonsense. 

Edited by Owls2k
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Owls2k said:

He fits just fine with a system with wide players, the trouble is his attributes mean he can be used elsewhere as well which benefits the team (in the manager's eyes) but is to the detriment of his own personal performance.  

'Doesn't do enough' - His 8 goals and 7 assists last season tell a different story.

Let's not let one poor half ignite nonsense. 

7 assists in 46 games = reyt player 

I can’t help thinking, one of the wide players has to be a striker, or have a strikers instinct. By having two out and out wingers, we put too much pressure on Fletcher to score the goals. One, or both of the wide players needs to get nearer the striker

13 hours ago, Themagiccap said:

He’s been awful all season, offers very very little going forward, cannot head or use his size and neshes every 50:50 and even 60:40

he needs dropping from squad for a couple of games until he gets his head back in the game

hes stealing a living at the minute 

I agree, and when I think about it he's not been that good for a long time now.  

Time to move on, maybe one of the few players we could get decent money for.

Fans need to accept he’s not going to go into full blooded tackles .. he’s not done it since being here so why people get angry when he continues not to do it .. it’s not his game .. end of.

He had a good shot first half and offered more on the right when on than when Murphy came on in my opinion.

However it was an average performance for him yesterday .. agree it’s not really working for him at moment .. though I thought he did really well up front at Huddersfield to be honest.

Him not being happy getting subbed would be with himself .. Bruce said that Reach is too hard on himself regards his performances.