Reach

1 hour ago, daleblue said:

I think your right, no, I know your right, but he's never gonna change, not got the right mentality for that, and Monk wants all the team to be more that way, not going to end well for Reach, can see him not making the bench if Murphy steps up, and Luongo coming in for Midfield when needed.

I do think there's something in your Monk comment here. 

Under previous managers we've very rarely seen Reach taken off with so much of the game left, and he also looked very unimpressed by being taken off. One to watch for sure. 

How many wide players are great at tackling? 

It's not really something I'd say is synonymous with someone who plays wide. 

Probably hasn't started the season that well, but then in fairness the lad gets played here, there and everywhere. 

Needs to be wide right or left. 

Reckon he needs a spell on the side lines with Banan there also as their places have been cemented in the side barring injury and complacency could have set in , A spell on the bench could be just what's needed to kick start what we know they are capable of , 

And yeah, Reach isn't the only one who started the season in indifferent form. 

The only players who have started the season well imo are Fletch, Borner, Harris and tbf the big man (when he's come on) has done well too. 

Pretty much everyone else...room for improvement and then some - Westwood, Bannan being two notable ones from the fan favs. 

5 minutes ago, SiJ said:

How many wide players are great at tackling? 

It's not really something I'd say is synonymous with someone who plays wide. 

Re tackling, have just been reading about Ian Callaghan, former midfielder / winger who holds record for Liverpool appearances and retired just shy of his 40th birthday.

One of reasons behind his lengthy career was apparently that Bill Shankly (who knew a thing or two about football) advised him to focus on creative side of his game, rather than risking injury through tackling when it wasn’t one of his strengths.

21 hours ago, Themagiccap said:

He’s been awful all season, offers very very little going forward, cannot head or use his size and neshes every 50:50 and even 60:40

he needs dropping from squad for a couple of games until he gets his head back in the game

hes stealing a living at the minute 

Question to you and anyone else.

Forestieri is unavailable. In the meantime, would you drop Reach from the team, and in your case, from the squad, even though we only have Murphy to play that role, and his form has been tepid at best?

17 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Question to you and anyone else.

Forestieri is unavailable. In the meantime, would you drop Reach from the team, and in your case, from the squad, even though we only have Murphy to play that role, and his form has been tepid at best?

Personally, I think it’s a fight between Reach and Murphy for the same spot at the minute. 

Harris has nailed down his position in the side. 

When FF is back it’s 1 from 3 

Reach for me is as frustrating as Joao was, he has the ability but lacks what’s needed inside. 

I thought the same when he was banging 40 yarders in and he was seen by some as the next big thing 

4 minutes ago, torres said:

Personally, I think it’s a fight between Reach and Murphy for the same spot at the minute. 

Harris has nailed down his position in the side. 

When FF is back it’s 1 from 3 

Reach for me is as frustrating as Joao was, he has the ability but lacks what’s needed inside. 

I thought the same when he was banging 40 yarders in and he was seen by some as the next big thing 

Agreed.

Harris superb. 

Looks like Monk has Reach and Murphy fighting each other for the other shirt, but right now neither is fighting well enough to nail it on. The competition for the place should work wonders.

Forestieri has the ability to keep them both out. Whether he has the attitude anymore, we will soon see.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Holmowl said:

Agreed.

Harris superb. 

Looks like Monk has Reach and Murphy fighting each other for the other shirt, but right now neither is fighting well enough to nail it on. The competition for the place should work wonders.

Forestieri has the ability to keep them both out. Whether he has the attitude anymore, we will soon see.

In the current set up, FF is ideal in the wide forward positions - however it’s getting a run of games from him that is the key (which has proved difficult), which is Reach’s main attribute.

2 minutes ago, torres said:

In the current set up, FF is ideal in the wide forward positions - however it’s getting a run of games from him that is the key (which has proved difficult), which is Reach’s main attribute.

Pretty much. 

I think a fully fit and firing Nando is the best option for one of the wide positions in a front three. 

Him, Fletch, Harris, on paper, could be some attacking trio. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, torres said:

3 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Pretty much. 

I think a fully fit and firing Nando is the best option for one of the wide positions in a front three. 

In theory that’s a devastating attack. FF and Harris have goals in them, both like a shot, and can both deliver wonderful crosses. They also work really hard.

Murphy and Reach would push them hard once they realise they are 3rd and 4th choice.

6 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Pretty much. 

It would definitely be worth a run of games. Played right it would take some stopping 

6 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

17/18 - 4 goals, 12 assists

18/19 - 9 goals, 7 assists

General low output? Jesus wept. For a Championship midfielder that is at the very top end for contributions over a season. Also take into account this is a guy who has played in about 6 or 7 different positions. He’s been messed about more than any player in the squad. Yet has performed consistently and never been injured. 

But honestly I’m not surprised, Wednesday fans wouldn’t know a quality player if it hit them square in the jaw. This is the same fanbase who still lauds over Forestieiri, despite the guy doing nothing for over 2 seasons. The same fans who moaned at Brunt and Antonio, only for the both of them to go on and play consistently at a level we have not reached in 20 years.

All about pashun though ain’t it. Bring back Reda Johnson and JJ. He got sent off for kicking a bottle once, we miss that kind of pashun.

Yet despite those stats he still gets dropped from the side.

Yeh and all the Wednesday fans don't know anything about football and you do. Well done.

22 hours ago, Holmowl said:

First half one of our better players.

Second half dire and rightly hooked.

Not sure who his anger was aimed at. Himself for his second half? Monk for hooking him? The ref? Fulham?

It‘ll be a combination of all of the above I bet... I get rite mardi if I feel like I’ve done badly after my Friday night 5 a side and he’s a pro. 

I reckon most players deep down want to do themselves justice,however much money they get paid they still have personal pride or an ego that gets dented

11 minutes ago, torres said:

It would definitely be worth a run of games. Played right it would take some stopping 

Yep. 

Certainly, when you are at home, that's got to be something to consider. 

Nando would add a bit of a creative spark too.