Reach

Probably the wrong sort of player for the opposition...He closes down too slowly and his intent in a tackle is always sort of to keep the ball rather than take it off their player...

With such as Fulham, you need to be more disruptive..in my opinion..I'm not saying leave your foot in, but at least let them know you are there..

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, TodwickOwl said:

Who wants to sum up that performance? 

Not sure if he’s just being played in a position he’s uncomfortable with or not - but he looks lost at the minute

Wasnt happy coming off and threw a bit of fit on bench

He did OK first half but started the 2nd half terribly and it was no surprise to his number up. Glad he was frustrated as no player should want to come off with half an hour to play but he should be frustrated mostly by his own performance. 

9 minutes ago, TodwickOwl said:

Who wants to sum up that performance? 

Not sure if he’s just being played in a position he’s uncomfortable with or not - but he looks lost at the minute

Wasnt happy coming off and threw a bit of fit on bench

If he showed the same passion on the field he wouldn’t be such a passenger . Biggest wet fart I’ve ever seen play the game 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Themagiccap said:

He’s been awful all season, offers very very little going forward, cannot head or use his size and neshes every 50:50 and even 60:40

he needs dropping from squad for a couple of games until he gets his head back in the game

hes stealing a living at the minute 

He’s also got frig all pace and never tries to beat a man... he’s living on the memory of a couple of long range punts and even those memories are fading.

3 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

Thought he has a really good first half...put 2 or 3 tremendous balls into the box.

Faded second half and probably the right change to make.

Just now, scilly owl said:

He’s also got frig all pace and never tries to beat a man... he’s living on the memory of a couple of long range punts and even those memories are fading.

Haha both of you can’t be right.

He was very good first half. Watch the highlights tomorrow @scilly owl with a beer and watch the Hudders highlights again. You’ll see Reach features a whole lot more in the edits than you perhaps give him credit for.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

Thought he has a really good first half...put 2 or 3 tremendous balls into the box.

Faded second half and probably the right change to make.

Faded? That's an understatement, it was barely worth him bothering to come back out he was so poor after half-time.

1 minute ago, Holmowl said:

Haha both of you can’t be right.

He was very good first half. Watch the highlights tomorrow @scilly owl with a beer and watch the Hudders highlights again. You’ll see Reach features a whole lot more in the edits than you perhaps give him credit for.

Bang on.

Reach gives us so much in terms of shape and discipline too. Plus, he drives us up the pitch frequently...important in games like this

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Stoop said:

Hopefully Monk will start with him on the bench next time out

Even if you have a low opinion of Reach, ask yourself, does he give us more than Murphy?

No way would I start with Murphy rather than Reach away to Boro. Notbleast bcos he will want to poke them in the eye.

But he’s just a better player. Especially in a tough away.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Even if you have a low opinion of Reach, ask yourself, does he give us more than Murphy?

No way would I start with Murphy rather than Reach away to Boro. Notbleast bcos he will want to poke them in the eye.

But he’s just a better player. Especially in a tough away.

I thought Murphy was lively when he came on.

I don’t know what’s going on with Reach, maybe his form is suffering from his forever changing role in the side, whatever it is he’s not doing the business and needs dropping imo

Edited by Stoop

His hair band is more aggressive than him. 

He needs shaking-enough talent to be an asset in this league - just don’t think he has the heart or desire for it. 

Runs about and looks busy but its rarely for any purpose.

Its not just today though it’s been like this for too long. 

Im glad monk didn’t fall for it today and rightly dragged him off 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Themagiccap said:

He’s been awful all season, offers very very little going forward, cannot head or use his size and neshes every 50:50 and even 60:40

he needs dropping from squad for a couple of games until he gets his head back in the game

hes stealing a living at the minute 

^^^^^^^

This