Kadeem Harris

For the first goal Huddersfield allow a one on one and Harris skins his man before delivering a perfect cross for Fletch. At half time I imagine Cowley stresses the importance of preventing this happening again so the fullback must be supported by midfielders when Harris has the ball out wide. Job done, ....  oh bugger who’s tracking Bannan !

E68EAE9F-EF8D-4A40-9273-D9DE724CB820.png

755B625D-6E8E-4466-B7FD-11399A6DFB85.png

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Southie_Owl said:

I remember Warnock said he wasn’t in his plans but suddenly something clicked and he looked a different player in training so he started playing him in the PL. 

He’s the type of player we needed in Carlos’ second season when Wallace was starting to have less effect in matches and we were lacking pace. 

Hopefully Monk can form a starting eleven that will challenge the top 6 this season 

We should have kept Wallace until we found a replacement a better player than he was given credit for. 

Edited by Mycroft
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, Gargoyle said:

We, along with many other clubs have had a plethora of what I'd call, 'sprinters in football boots'. capable of skinning full backs but then little if any ability to deliver a decent cross. Some even (imho) have international caps!

The worst example we had (for people of a certain age) being Franz Carr on loan in the '80s, pace to burn but terrible footballer.

This kid is something different, he could be the difference between nowhere and a top six spot:biggrin:

Different league to Jeremy Helan, remember one of the coaches telling him to put a cross somewhere in the box, if you can, during the warm-up. Not seen that since the U9's, real speedboat no driver.

Edited by glynnb
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, steelowl said:

I think t's obvious this lad is going to be a key player   -free transfer i believe   of course signing on fees etc 

Come january surely this is the way forward, proper scouting, proper research of hungry 100% performers and not mortgaging our future on eye watering expensive lead swingers?

Good old fashioned , traditional winger . Hugs the line and loves to take on his man .

Not many about these days. 

45 minutes ago, steelowl said:

totally get it's not free but described as a free 

been thinking of other bargains for 'free' without resorting to google 

Lees

Westwood?

Brunt

Whelan ?

ffs going senile help me out 

And shudder to think we paid 2m for JVA 

2 hours ago, oldowl67 said:

For the first goal Huddersfield allow a one on one and Harris skins his man before delivering a perfect cross for Fletch. At half time I imagine Cowley stresses the importance of preventing this happening again so the fullback must be supported by midfielders when Harris has the ball out wide. Job done, ....  oh bugger who’s tracking Bannan !

E68EAE9F-EF8D-4A40-9273-D9DE724CB820.png

755B625D-6E8E-4466-B7FD-11399A6DFB85.png

It looks like nobody was tracking Bannan on either occasion.

Odd to give him of all people so much time and space.

7 hours ago, Colin Dobson said:

With Cardiff's relegation I just don't understand why we managed to get him for nothing. Bizarre! But what a coup! Involved in both goals yesterday and he tracks back too. Extraordinary free signing.

think hes been involved some way or another in most of our goals this season, breath of fresh air to see him skin the full backs.

33 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

It looks like nobody was tracking Bannan on either occasion.

Odd to give him of all people so much time and space.

I guess it's because in that sort of position he often flies the ball over the net, but... they haven't taken into account he can also choose to cross the ball lol

18 hours ago, steelowl said:

I think t's obvious this lad is going to be a key player   -free transfer i believe   of course signing on fees etc 

Come january surely this is the way forward, proper scouting, proper research of hungry 100% performers and not mortgaging our future on eye watering expensive lead swingers?

Our best players have been free transfers, Westwood, Lees, Hutch, Bannan, Harris and Fletcher.

That's not bad by any stretch, get your scouting right and identify the areas you want to strengthen and there are some bargains to be had.

Posted this before but when I asked a die hard Cardiff fan on his thoughts his response was along lines of: 

he’s a great player, got injured and on his return our wingers playing were doing great so struggled to get back into the team. He had a falling out with warnock regarding this and struggled for game time ever since. Played well when he got a chance including MoM vs Fulham. He still thought they had better first choice options, but was upset to lose him. 

So to surmise, quality player that doesn’t like Colin. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, fingyfop said:

Is it?

I thought I remembered from when we signed him, he just wasn't being picked often while at Cardiff, not due to injuries.

I could be misremembering though.

Someone on here will know.

I thought Warnock had stated his disappointment that he chose to leave Cardiff