Kadeem Harris

I think t's obvious this lad is going to be a key player   -free transfer i believe   of course signing on fees etc 

Come january surely this is the way forward, proper scouting, proper research of hungry 100% performers and not mortgaging our future on eye watering expensive lead swingers?

Crossed fingers legs and toes he stays healthy.

His injury history is horrendous, which presumably is what we could get him off Cardiff.

But, touch-wood, this season he is an almost ever-present.

and we even reluctantly gave him 45 minutes at Rotherham, where he helped with the assist.

Terrific attacker who works really hard defensively too. Needs to stay with his man better at the far post but I’m being super-picky there because at least he has tracked back 60 yards.

12 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Crossed fingers legs and toes he stays healthy.

His injury history is horrendous, which presumably is what we could get him off Cardiff.

But, touch-wood, this season he is an almost ever-present.

and we even reluctantly gave him 45 minutes at Rotherham, where he helped with the assist.

Terrific attacker who works really hard defensively too. Needs to stay with his man better at the far post but I’m being super-picky there because at least he has tracked back 60 yards.

Is it?

I thought I remembered from when we signed him, he just wasn't being picked often while at Cardiff, not due to injuries.

I could be misremembering though.

Someone on here will know.

41 minutes ago, fingyfop said:

Is it?

I thought I remembered from when we signed him, he just wasn't being picked often while at Cardiff, not due to injuries.

Looks like you are right.

Took a quick look and last season he was on the bench a lot but not played.

It would be fantastic if his previous injuries are history and he stays as fit as he is right now.

Dont think he will be getting many splinters in his arris on our bench. 

56 minutes ago, fingyfop said:

Is it?

He lost his place in the Cardiff team due to an ankle injury...from Wikipedia rather than any extensive football knowledge I hasten to add. You have to assume that they weren't 100% convinced after his rehab, but it's our gain. He's the sort of player we've been crying out for.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, marble said:

He lost his place in the Cardiff team due to an ankle injury...from Wikipedia rather than any extensive football knowledge I hasten to add. You have to assume that they weren't 100% convinced after his rehab, but it's our gain. He's the sort of player we've been crying out for.

I remember Warnock said he wasn’t in his plans but suddenly something clicked and he looked a different player in training so he started playing him in the PL. 

He’s the type of player we needed in Carlos’ second season when Wallace was starting to have less effect in matches and we were lacking pace. 

Hopefully Monk can form a starting eleven that will challenge the top 6 this season 

2 hours ago, Southie_Owl said:

I remember Warnock said he wasn’t in his plans but suddenly something clicked and he looked a different player in training so he started playing him in the PL. 

He’s the type of player we needed in Carlos’ second season when Wallace was starting to have less effect in matches and we were lacking pace. 

Hopefully Monk can form a starting eleven that will challenge the top 6 this season 

Agree I’ve said similar in the Murphy thread. I reckon Monk realises he can put together a very decent starting eleven from the squad he’s inherited who can reach top 6 this season. Personally feel there’s not a lot wrong with about 8 of our starting line up compared to the rest of the league. It’s just full backs and the strike partner for Fletch/ or system that needs addressing.