Kadeem Harris

8 minutes ago, Blue and white said:

Our best players have been free transfers, Westwood, Lees, Hutch, Bannan, Harris and Fletcher.

That's not bad by any stretch, get your scouting right and identify the areas you want to strengthen and there are some bargains to be had.

Lee, Borner, Loovens, 

21 hours ago, Holmowl said:

Looks like you are right.

Took a quick look and last season he was on the bench a lot but not played.

It would be fantastic if his previous injuries are history and he stays as fit as he is right now.

Dont think he will be getting many splinters in his arris on our bench. 

Ruined my day that; always relied on you for your accurate stats and research and now you've disappointed! I'm bereft!

The problem we have with Harris is that as his reputation grows teams will start to mark him out of the game. His speed means that will be difficult but he may become less effective. If 'something would click' with Murphy we could present the same threat on the other side of the pitch which would cause the opposition all kinds of problems. If we can attack with pace and good crossing down both wings we will do well.

Guest addedtime
1 hour ago, prowl said:

The problem we have with Harris is that as his reputation grows teams will start to mark him out of the game. His speed means that will be difficult but he may become less effective. If 'something would click' with Murphy we could present the same threat on the other side of the pitch which would cause the opposition all kinds of problems. If we can attack with pace and good crossing down both wings we will do well.

However, that reputation may well have helped us with our second goal.

2 minutes ago, addedtime said:

However, that reputation may well have helped us with our second goal.

True take a look at the picture of the build up to the second, they have three players covering Harris leaving acres of space for Bannan to run into. It’s up to us to exploit the spaces that his reputation provide us.

A brilliant astute signing. For once I was right about a player we should sign. Back in the summer when he was released by Cardiff, I thought he'd be a smart signing if he could stay fit. He's arguably been our most impressive and most consistent player so far this season, along with Borner, another brilliant free signing. I'd like to see more of Luongo in the side, as I strongly believe he could have as big an impact as them.

37 minutes ago, DELUDED OWL said:

Harris wasn't on the retained for list Cardiff, so released him, more fool them if how he's played upto now is anything to go by. 

Ah ok. 

Maybe I misread and what Warnock actually said was that he was disappointed he'd left and joined wednesday lol

6 hours ago, Philb125 said:

Lee, Borner, Loovens, 

Loovens was up there with one of our best frees. He joined in December 2013 on a short term deal after training with us for a short time when we was fighting relegation. Went on to be part of Stuart Gray’s unbeatable defence and Carvalhal’s 2 play off seasons after that and also a wonderful captain. 

2 hours ago, The Night-Owl said:

A brilliant astute signing. For once I was right about a player we should sign. Back in the summer when he was released by Cardiff, I thought he'd be a smart signing if he could stay fit. He's arguably been our most impressive and most consistent player so far this season, along with Borner, another brilliant free signing. I'd like to see more of Luongo in the side, as I strongly believe he could have as big an impact as them.

have to admit i forgot about him lots of promise what i've seen more than murphy first touch goal aside

3 hours ago, steelowl said:

have to admit i forgot about him lots of promise what i've seen more than murphy first touch goal aside

One of my sister's is a Cardiff City fan and she liked Harris whilst he was there. She was disappointed, that he wasn't played more in the top flight after scoring against Fulham. I saw a bit of him during his time at Cardiff and rated him before we signed him. It was a smart signing. Potentially one of our smartest signings in a fair while. 

7 hours ago, prowl said:

I think if we have Reach on the other wing, they'll have a different kind of problem though, leave him in space and he'll score from 20,30,40,50 yards... mark them both and the space opens for Bannan to cross it onto Fletcher's head. Mark them all and Lee sneaks in between their defenders. Wouldn't like to be the opposition!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, steelowl said:

Luongo is another player I was delighted that we signed. I wanted us to sign him a couple of years ago. He's proven at this level and internationally, he's very good at this level. Once he breaks into the team, I think he will become a brilliant signing and one of our better players, like Harris and Borner have become already.