Wednesday Women's Team

What I’ve learnt from reading this thread is that you can’t think women’s football is shiiit without being labelled a sexist 

And don’t pull me up saying that’s not true, because there’s posters in this thread who have said ‘they have absolutely no problem with women’s football’ and have yet still been labelled 

Edited by FreshOwl

1 minute ago, FreshOwl said:

What I’ve learnt from reading this thread is that you can’t think women’s football is shiiit without being labelled a sexist 

And don’t pull me up saying that’s not true, because there’s posters in this thread who have said ‘they have absolutely no problem with women’s football’ and have yet still been labelled 

Sexist..

16 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

Care to point out who has been labelled a sexist? 

And also, those that are saying they have no problem with women's football have come directly in to a thread talking about a potential women's team and first thing they post is it's being shoved down people's throats. Asked to back that up and there's literally no come back. 

The amount of bed wetting about women playing with a bag full of air and it being in the media is so cringe worthy and embarrassing, I just don't get why people are so against it. If you don't want to read an article or watch a programme, don't. The flapping and stamping of feet is, again, embarrassing. 

• Thanks 1

The real loser in this constant marketing of football is women's hockey, all the sporty girls traditionally play that and netball. I don't think women's football being popular is going to get more girls into sports, it will just draw them from one sport to another. Netball is also benefitting from Sky money so that should be secure for the time being. Shame-id much rather watch women play hockey than football.

The problem is with women's football is that it's not enough for them to grow organically, you have people saying women's players should be paid equal to men which is crazy and I suspect they're already being paid too much as professionals as it is.

17 minutes ago, CalmJimmers said:

And also, those that are saying they have no problem with women's football have come directly in to a thread talking about a potential women's team and first thing they post is it's being shoved down people's throats. Asked to back that up and there's literally no come back. 

The amount of bed wetting about women playing with a bag full of air and it being in the media is so cringe worthy and embarrassing, I just don't get why people are so against it. If you don't want to read an article or watch a programme, don't. The flapping and stamping of feet is, again, embarrassing. 

So because you don't agree with other people's opinions, it's embarrassing.

Once again. You cannot deny, the amount of coverage bore no correlation to the genuine interest. (Other than the much hyped WWC)   Nobody needed to "back that up", it is there for all to see. There was a concerted effort to 'push' women's football. I pointed it in a previous post how SKY & the BBC started referring to Arsenal have signed so & so, Man City have signed so & so, deliberately not referring to Arsenal ladies have signed so & so in an effort to equalise how they & the men's game are perceived. 

Nobodies "bed wetting", nobodies "stamping their feet", & to be honest it is only "embarrassing & cringe worthy"  in the eyes of the beholder's who don't agree with opinions that differ to theirs. (Not unlike another debate currently taking place in the country).

Nobody's rampantly against women's football, looking at all the overweight slobs in this country both male & female, any extra exercise incentives are more than welcome.

It was simply an observation that the hype surrounding women's football outweighed the reality.

Just now, bigthinrob said:

Once again. You cannot deny, the amount of coverage bore no correlation to the genuine interest. (Other than the much hyped WWC)   Nobody needed to "back that up", it is there for all to see. There was a concerted effort to 'push' women's football. I pointed it in a previous post how SKY & the BBC started referring to Arsenal have signed so & so, Man City have signed so & so, deliberately not referring to Arsenal ladies have signed so & so in an effort to equalise how they & the men's game are perceived. 

Nobodies "bed wetting", nobodies "stamping their feet", & to be honest it is only "embarrassing & cringe worthy"  in the eyes of the beholder's who don't agree with opinions that differ to theirs. (Not unlike another debate currently taking place in the country).

Nobody's rampantly against women's football, looking at all the overweight slobs in this country both male & female, any extra exercise incentives are more than welcome.

It was simply an observation that the hype surrounding women's football outweighed the reality.

But what's wrong with hyping it?   If it gets more people playing or watching?  

Hype surrounding most sports is outweighed by the reality.

38 minutes ago, CalmJimmers said:

Ok maybe they shouldn’t have  voiced their dislike in this thread, but it doesn’t change the fact it’s being shoved down our throats.

It should be shoved down our throats because it’s good enough to begin with, not just for the sake of equality. 

Because then isn’t it fake love being shown? 

2 hours ago, Animis said:

You have to distinguish between the PL and the rest of the mens' game in the country. The BBC doesn't cover/mention the Championship at all - almost ignores it exists until the 'richest game in Football' in May every year.

The Championship is the wealthiest non-top flight football division in the world and the seventh richest division in Europe.[2] With an average match attendance for the 2016–17 season of 20,130 the Championship ranked second after the German 2. Bundesliga as the most-watched secondary league in the world.

source Wikipedia.

???? 

"The BBC doesn't cover/mention the Championship at all" 

Apart from on TV, radio and the website - what have the Romans ever done for us? 

Equality does not exist if you have to prove it by having gender awards or sexual celebratory days. Everyone should treat everyone the same and appreciate views, abilities, beliefs etc are different but different doesnt make it better or worse

We live in a culture of creating something to prove we are thinking of it and heightening awareness, rather than just making it the norm

3 minutes ago, bigthinrob said:

Nope, don't think it's embarrassing to have a different opinion, all for that. 

I think it's embarrassing and cringe worthy that people get so worked up about it. It's a game that women are playing that's getting some coverage, nowhere near the amount that the men's side gets but is finally getting some. It was pushed because people probably thought they could make money on it and generate interest, lo and behold, millions of people watched it. I don't get the belittling and scorn towards it, that's what I find embarrassing. 

You don't like it, I get it, what I don't get is the need to come on the thread if you don't like it. It was a question if we had a team, I'd personally quite like there to be one as I think it'd benefit the club and I was genuinely curious.