Wednesday Women's Team

3 minutes ago, CalmJimmers said:

Nope, don't think it's embarrassing to have a different opinion, all for that. 

I think it's embarrassing and cringe worthy that people get so worked up about it. It's a game that women are playing that's getting some coverage, nowhere near the amount that the men's side gets but is finally getting some. It was pushed because people probably thought they could make money on it and generate interest, lo and behold, millions of people watched it. I don't get the belittling and scorn towards it, that's what I find embarrassing. 

You don't like it, I get it, what I don't get is the need to come on the thread if you don't like it. It was a question if we had a team, I'd personally quite like there to be one as I think it'd benefit the club and I was genuinely curious. 

But you’re getting annoyed at someone getting annoyed at something? 

Isnt BigThinRob entitled to his opinion? 

3 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

Equality does not exist if you have to prove it by having gender awards or sexual celebratory days. Everyone should treat everyone the same and appreciate views, abilities, beliefs etc are different but different doesnt make it better or worse

We live in a culture of creating something to prove we are thinking of it and heightening awareness, rather than just making it the norm

Equality does exist after a long fight.. the screaming Queens on social media might set the cause back tho..

Just now, FreshOwl said:

But you’re getting annoyed at someone getting annoyed at something? 

Isnt BigThinRob entitled to his opinion? 

Yes he is, he's also entitled to getting his opinion scrutinised if it's in a chuffing thread about chuffing women's football

3 hours ago, bigthinrob said:

Its a politically correct exercise & a fop to feminism, where the hype bears no resemblance to the actual reality.

I have absolutely no issue with women, girls playing football, good luck to them & anything that encourages exercise is to be applauded.

My only gripe is the amount of media coverage it gets as if it's almost on a level with the real thing when in reality, if it wasn't hugely subsidised by the men's game, all of the women's game, even the Arsenal ladies, Man city ladies etc etc would last about 3 months if they had to stand alone, rely on gate receipts & any other commercial income. 

PS their goalkeepers are worse than the Jocks!!  

I now realise, during the course of this 'debate' the error of my ways.

It is clear that I, along with some of my fellow contributor's were wrong to bring this subject up in the first place. 

Owlstalk is clearly no place for any subject that other contributor's don't agree with.

I therefore on behalf of anyone with similar views on the beautiful game as practised by the female fraternity, apologise for Bed Wetting, I apologise for being embarrassing,  I apologise for being Cringe worthy and I especially apologise for being a misogynist.

I'm not sure whether it's divine intervention for any views expressed, but i have also definitely detected a noticeable reduction in the girth & length of my penile accoutrement whilst this thread was unfolding as indeed forecast by a fellow contributor.  

Most of all though, not only am I (and my fellow contributors) guilty of being sexist, I am also guilty of the culpably worse crime of being Racist.

I clearly without equivocation said women goal keepers are worse than the equivalent jocks.

This was obviously totally out of order & unfair to the Jocks as clearly some of their keepers are verging on adequate.  

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, bigthinrob said:

I now realise, during the course of this 'debate' the error of my ways.

It is clear that I, along with some of my fellow contributor's were wrong to bring this subject up in the first place. 

Owlstalk is clearly no place for any subject that other contributor's don't agree with.

I therefore on behalf of anyone with similar views on the beautiful game as practised by the female fraternity, apologise for Bed Wetting, I apologise for being embarrassing,  I apologise for being Cringe worthy and I especially apologise for being a misogynist.

I'm not sure whether it's divine intervention for any views expressed, but i have also definitely detected a noticeable reduction in the girth & length of my penile accoutrement whilst this thread was unfolding as indeed forecast by a fellow contributor.  

Most of all though, not only am I (and my fellow contributors) guilty of being sexist, I am also guilty of the culpably worse crime of being Racist.

I clearly without equivocation said women goal keepers are worse than the equivalent jocks.

This was obviously totally out of order & unfair to the Jocks as clearly some of their keepers are verging on adequate.  

Cheerz m8, top quality flouncing and all

:Chansiri:

Just now, CalmJimmers said:

"Flouncing".

There's isn't a flounce anywhere in there. 

It's a mild bit of 'prodding' humour to take the heat out of a 'debate' that at best was nothing but a device to pass on a few hours whilst watching the cricket while we have no game. 

There int even any women's footy on to watch.

Just now, bigthinrob said:

"Flouncing".

There's isn't a flounce anywhere in there. 

It's a mild bit of 'prodding' humour to take the heat out of a 'debate' that at best was nothing but a device to pass on a few hours whilst watching the cricket while we have no game. 

There int even any women's footy on to watch.

I'll f.ookin' flounce if they don't take Overton off...is he named after the amount of runs he's gonna go for???

(cue Overton wicket)

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, CalmJimmers said:

The amount of bed wetting about women playing with a bag full of air and it being in the media is so cringe worthy and embarrassing, I just don't get why people are so against it. If you don't want to read an article or watch a programme, don't. The flapping and stamping of feet is, again, embarrassing. 

17 minutes ago, CalmJimmers said:

lol

1 hour ago, FreshOwl said:

What I’ve learnt from reading this thread is that you can’t think women’s football is shiiit without being labelled a sexist 

And don’t pull me up saying that’s not true, because there’s posters in this thread who have said ‘they have absolutely no problem with women’s football’ and have yet still been labelled 

I think you're second paragraph could explain why some people may be offended.

Almost like some are saying that womens football is acceptable  because some blokes have okayed it as they 'dont have a problem with it' 

That is problem and attitude that women have to put up with in many areas of life. 

Guest Grez Bez

Not sure why people get so butt hurt when talking about Women's football. If you don't like it then don't watch it.

I still think it would have been better if the ladies teams weren't associated with a men's team.

Edited by Grez Bez

1 minute ago, LSOwls said:

Not sure why people get so butt hurt when talking about Women's football. If you don't like it then don't watch it.

I still think it would have been better if the ladies trans weren't associated a men's team.

Don't get everyone started on that!

lol

13 minutes ago, markg said:

Almost like some are saying that womens football is acceptable  because some blokes have okayed it as they 'dont have a problem with it' 

That is problem and attitude that women have to put up with in many areas of life. 

They’re saying they don’t have a problem with it because they’re being accused of sexism 

its a response to an accusation 

Edited by FreshOwl

9 minutes ago, markg said:

Face it, there's always going to be some Fu***r offended in this country.

We've become a nation of the terminally offended.

Surprised Manchester hasn't been re named Personchester.