Wednesday Women's Team

1 minute ago, zzmdu said:

20+ thousand at the Ethiad today, in a more progressive city than ours, who clubs win trophies.

How many tickets were freebies?

The men’s game subsidises the women’s game

Women don’t really want equality in sport they want special treatment which isn’t fair

• Like 1

Just now, horny owl said:

Women don’t really want equality in sport they want special treatment which isn’t fair

Which women have said they don't really want equality in sport and that they want special treatment?

Why can't we all embrace the wonderful game of football?  Why are we looking to block, hinder people enjoying the

sport at whatever level.

Tomorrow I'm going to watch my 7 yr old nephew play football, that is subsidised by the FA as well.  Will you be forwarding an argument why the FA shouldn't be doing so?

2 minutes ago, horny owl said:

Fantastic, somebody who knows what the whole of the female population want. 

Any facts to back that up or do you just know? 

How much does the mens game subsidise the women's? 

Wasn't it 11m people watched the WWC? So really just a few people interested. 

Being shoved down our throats it is! Broken Britain. 

2 minutes ago, CalmJimmers said:

Fantastic, somebody who knows what the whole of the female population want. 

Any facts to back that up or do you just know? 

How much does the mens game subsidise the women's? 

Wasn't it 11m people watched the WWC? So really just a few people interested. 

Being shoved down our throats it is! Broken Britain. 

By about the same amount that Sheffield Council subsidised the World Student Games. 

Re the WWC figures, a bit like cricket, total sell outs for the world cup & tests, handful of bodies plus dogs for County Cricket.

Absolutely no issue re women's football, but it is impossible to argue that the recent coverage on both BBC & SKY is proportionate to the women's game's current standing & grass roots support. (possibly cooled a bit since they under performed in the WWC)  

Both channels also took to reporting new signings as Arsenal have signed so & so, or Chelsea have signed so & so, without a mention of it being the women's game. A deliberate attempt to try & portray equality between both forms.

If the equivalent interest & support for the women's game was reflected in the men's game, they would not be full time professionals at all, but part time footballers like the lower leagues in men's football. 

1 hour ago, Matthew Thomas said:

Knuckle draggers have nothing better to do today, I see. “Do we have a womans’ team?” “No idea, women’s football is shït.” “It’s nowt but a politically correct exercise, shouldn’t be on telly.” Did I stumble into a time machine this morning? Jesus.

Chuffin snowflake lol 

Everyone on here who isn’t too bothered about women’s footy is a “knuckle dragger”? 

Well, in true knuckle dragger fashion I will point aggressively at you and tell you to f.uck off. 

Ps. Women’s footy is a bit s.hit. 

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Mycroft said:

Which women have said they don't really want equality in sport and that they want special treatment?

Why can't we all embrace the wonderful game of football?  Why are we looking to block, hinder people enjoying the

sport at whatever level.

Tomorrow I'm going to watch my 7 yr old nephew play football, that is subsidised by the FA as well.  Will you be forwarding an argument why the FA shouldn't be doing so?

But SKY & BBC aren't pretending that your 7 year old nephew & his team are deserving of mass media coverage & pocketing the associated full time salaries.