Wednesday Women's Team

14 minutes ago, torres said:

Perfectly put and couldn’t agree more 

They should have their own FA and be totally independent from the men’s game. 

If it grows organically then brilliant. 

The BBC promote it because they are so PC they are verging on offensive and they only have that and the Bowls to televise 

Claire Balding, the 2019 BBC Sports Personality of the year.

"Thanks for all your votes, it was a close run thing as always.

Ben Stokes was quite good for a man, but the winner is Lucy Bronze who's miraculous contribution to the epoch changing 3rd place in the World Cup made it a clear cut decision".

• Haha 3

58 minutes ago, torres said:

To be fair the women’s game is getting bigger and bigger domestically.

Some crowds are touching 3 figures 

Free tickets; family days out; them clapper things - it's the establishment's drive to sanitize football. I'm all up for equality but the BBC now cover women's football more than the championship.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Gnarwolf said:

Can’t believe some on here think that women’s football is promoted even a fraction as much as men’s football, that’s just laughable, it gets far too much undeserving hate from bitter old men.

You’re saying women’s football isn’t getting loads of coverage?

Even though few people are actually interested in it.

It's a politically correct agenda by the BBC, no one cares about women's football and to have it listed above the men's game on the website is a disgrace. I even saw a female friendly between France and Spain women the first score shown on the results and fixtures page last Saturday, had to scroll past it for the Premier League and EFL results.

Yeah we are absolutely inundated with women's football coverage, can't move for it, literally on Sky all day everyday.

Think there's about 1 article on the BBC website every day compared to 30 or so men's ones. The flapping that people do by inferring that it's taking over is people just embarrassing themselves tbh. 

Really enjoyed the WWC, I play football in a mixed group and there's women there who run the games, easily. Got children in my family who love it, so it's great to see achievements that have been made being belittled. Sure it gives people the confidence to go out and play. 

Anyway, good to see we have a team, like to see us go more professional if possible. Only good for the club, community and city. 

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Matthew Thomas said:

Knuckle draggers have nothing better to do today, I see. “Do we have a womans’ team?” “No idea, women’s football is shït.” “It’s nowt but a politically correct exercise, shouldn’t be on telly.” Did I stumble into a time machine this morning? Jesus.

So your argument isn't against the actual FACTS of the debate. 

It's more about the 'Times' we live in, which equates & confirms it is, like everything else these days motivated by political correctness & driven by a feminist agenda. 

Did you miss the line "I have absolutely no issue with women, girls playing football, good luck to them & anything that encourages exercise is to be applauded."

DO you think then, that the media coverage is in line with the actual interest & do you ALSO think without the men's game subsidising them they would be able to survive?

Ps isn't it typical that someone who is banging the drum for a PC sponsored minority sport describes anyone that has an issue with the 'Hype' attached to it, are described as 'Knuckle dragger's'. 

PPS DID you stumble into a time machine this morning? If you did, can you tell me how Garry Monk panned out please.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Gnarwolf said:

Can’t believe some on here think that women’s football is promoted even a fraction as much as men’s football, that’s just laughable, it gets far too much undeserving hate from bitter old men.

You have to distinguish between the PL and the rest of the mens' game in the country. The BBC doesn't cover/mention the Championship at all - almost ignores it exists until the 'richest game in Football' in May every year.

The Championship is the wealthiest non-top flight football division in the world and the seventh richest division in Europe.[2] With an average match attendance for the 2016–17 season of 20,130 the Championship ranked second after the German 2. Bundesliga as the most-watched secondary league in the world.

source Wikipedia.

14 minutes ago, Not Jon Newsome said:

It's a politically correct agenda by the BBC, no one cares about women's football and to have it listed above the men's game on the website is a disgrace. I even saw a female friendly between France and Spain women the first score shown on the results and fixtures page last Saturday, had to scroll past it for the Premier League and EFL results.

#PrayForNotJonNewsome

Can we set up a fundraising page for you?

2 minutes ago, zzmdu said:

Some right fecking nobbers, on this thread, who clearly have problems relating to women and are probably nervous around them.

Don't enter the infrequent women's football threads you tails.

tenor_(3).gif.0522a13b475593988c46a05af7b67912.gif

• Haha 1