Wednesday Women's Team

Watching Football Focus and the main piece is about the WSL. 

Does anybody know if we have a Women's team? I know the lesser half of the City do, but not sure about Wednesday. 

Really enjoyed the WWC during the summer, so I'd hope we do have one, or if not then looking into it.

13 minutes ago, CalmJimmers said:

Watching Football Focus and the main piece is about the WSL. 

Does anybody know if we have a Women's team? I know the lesser half of the City do, but not sure about Wednesday. 

Really enjoyed the WWC during the summer, so I'd hope we do have one, or if not then looking into it.

The BBC concentrating on women’s football?? - no I’m not having it!!!

• Haha 4

6 minutes ago, torres said:

To be fair the women’s game is getting bigger and bigger domestically.

Some crowds are touching 3 figures 

Its a politically correct exercise & a fop to feminism, where the hype bears no resemblance to the actual reality.

I have absolutely no issue with women, girls playing football, good luck to them & anything that encourages exercise is to be applauded.

My only gripe is the amount of media coverage it gets as if it's almost on a level with the real thing when in reality, if it wasn't hugely subsidised by the men's game, all of the women's game, even the Arsenal ladies, Man city ladies etc etc would last about 3 months if they had to stand alone, rely on gate receipts & any other commercial income. 

PS their goalkeepers are worse than the Jocks!!  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, bigthinrob said:

Its a politically correct exercise & a fop to feminism, where the hype bears no resemblance to the actual reality.

I have absolutely no issue with women, girls playing football, good luck to them & anything that encourages exercise is to be applauded.

My only gripe is the amount of media coverage it gets as if it's almost on a level with the real thing when in reality, if it wasn't hugely subsidised by the men's game, all of the women's game, even the Arsenal ladies, Man city ladies etc etc would last about 3 months if they had to stand alone, rely on gate receipts & any other commercial income. 

PS their goalkeepers are worse than the Jocks!!  

Perfectly put and couldn’t agree more 

They should have their own FA and be totally independent from the men’s game. 

If it grows organically then brilliant. 

The BBC promote it because they are so PC they are verging on offensive and they only have that and the Bowls to televise 

1 minute ago, Matthew Thomas said:

Knuckle draggers have nothing better to do today, I see. “Do we have a womans’ team?” “No idea, women’s football is shït.” “It’s nowt but a politically correct exercise, shouldn’t be on telly.” Did I stumble into a time machine this morning? Jesus.

Oooooh you cow 

• Haha 5

51 minutes ago, Quist said:

Running a women's team costs money and in view of finances think we can not afford one.

Why does everyone think we’re skint ?

6 minutes ago, Matthew Thomas said:

Knuckle draggers have nothing better to do today, I see. “Do we have a womans’ team?” “No idea, women’s football is shït.” “It’s nowt but a politically correct exercise, shouldn’t be on telly.” Did I stumble into a time machine this morning? Jesus.

Knuckle draggers tho.. I have to get permission from Mrs C to take her pinny off..

• Haha 4

13 minutes ago, torres said:

Perfectly put and couldn’t agree more 

They should have their own FA and be totally independent from the men’s game. 

If it grows organically then brilliant. 

The BBC promote it because they are so PC they are verging on offensive and they only have that and the Bowls to televise 

1920: a women’s match in England gets a crowd of 53,000.

1921: FA bans it. Doesn’t overturn the ban for 50 years.

Maybe if it had been allowed to have grown organically...