Update on Meltdowns after Monk appointment

8 hours ago, gurujuan said:

I think, he could be the man, if he is given time to build a squad, in a sustainable way, without being lumbered with the remit of getting us up. We made only a half hearted attempt during the summer, to turn the squad into one that could challenge, and, in my opinion at least, we have no right to expect the club to mount a challenge. If, as many suggest, he plays football the right way, let him establish us as a footballing side, but give him the time to do that. We need to do something like Swansea have long tried to do, whoever is in charge. Anything that resembles the football he played at Birmingham, no matter how effective, won’t get my support

Think at Birmingham it was more  needing wins with the players available. Rowett  had built a physical direct squad.  Think your bang on about  give him time to develop the squad and the way he wants us to play. 

11 minutes ago, Shiregreenowl 80 said:

Think at Birmingham it was more  needing wins with the players available. Rowett  had built a physical direct squad.  Think your bang on about  give him time to develop the squad and the way he wants us to play. 

The fact that Birmingham had some big units up front also dictated the way they played.

11 hours ago, simple84 said:

Can’t be bothered to read through everything. How are the meltdowns going? Do we hate him yet?

I have waded through quite a few threads this morning ad very little negativity.

He is a very safe appointment, he is a decent manager and his record proves this. You can not criticise his record he has done well at all of his appointments and he has had to contend with some difficult situations so do not hink anthing will phase him at Wednesday. 

13 minutes ago, Buxtongent said:

Does that mean what it reads? If so, that means he spent a total of 66 game in the Premiership, followed by 68 in the Championship with a lowest place of 8th.

That is not a bad record! 

Exactly pal

Obviously this doesn’t include his Birmingham record , but at brum they love him and it was off field antics that caused his sacking . Problem is with with our fans they seem to be saying they didn’t want monk and he’s poor (not all fans but a selection. ) yet haven’t done any research into his records . Personally I think people who make points and argue things without facts, figures and research don’t have a scooby do what they are talking about 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, BarnsleyOwl96 said:

Exactly pal

Obviously this doesn’t include his Birmingham record , but at brum they love him and it was off field antics that caused his sacking . Problem is with with our fans they seem to be saying they didn’t want monk and he’s poor (not all fans but a selection. ) yet haven’t done any research into his records . Personally I think people who make points and argue things without facts, figures and research don’t have a scooby do what they are talking about 

The knee jerk reaction on here yesterday from the usual suspects was nothing short of embarrassing!

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, casbahowl said:

The knee jerk reaction on here yesterday from the usual suspects was nothing short of embarrassing!

No surprise mate it’s the usual suspects who can’t back up what they say with any evidence or Factual information ! But because Derik 46 from Pitsmoor says ‘monks garbage ‘ then obviously he’s right lol 

• Like 2

Lee Bullen as had 3 goes at the manager's job not happened for him, so we move on and now its Gary Monk's chance. If people don't want to take the job like Chris Houghton and co why do we want them. We want someone who is up for it and is totally committed. So I believe we should give Gary Monk a fair crack of the whip. You never know he might surprise us. Finger's crossed uto.

16 hours ago, The Wall said:

Some have nailed their colours to the mast and will now be obsessed with proving they were 'right' all along for the next 6 months, by criticising every thing he does.

I'd like to think the less militant owlstalkers will give him a fair crack of the whip

Yea I know...But you get fed up of supporting the manager, cos you are always wrong in the end...so 

Monk out....

Eventually.....

remember this post!

17 hours ago, The Wall said:

Some have nailed their colours to the mast and will now be obsessed with proving they were 'right' all along for the next 6 months, by criticising every thing he does.

I'd like to think the less militant owlstalkers will give him a fair crack of the whip

So we all have to fall into line and agree it’s a good appointment? 

I just want us to do well. If that’s with monk as manager then great. If not then we try again. 

Personally I just don’t like the bloke.