DC dereliction of duty.

4 hours ago, McRightSide said:

Wayyyy too emotional..

There was no reason that Bullen couldn’t have got a couple more wins.

Infact, I’d suggest that he should have been able to...quite easily actually. 

Very fine margins between a good strategy and a not so good one.

If there wasn’t anyone you were sure about, and a guy you trust was actually doing ok...would you seek to replace him, or just give him a couple more games to see if he can carry it on?

DC was just riding the wave, that’s all. Now that’s ended I’m sure we’ll pick up another manager 

Get out of here with your reasoned argument. Don't you know we're heading for liquidation if we don't appoint some random guy as permanent manager in the next 48 hours?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Jamie_W said:

Obviously most of that time has been spent assessing Bullen. We know he tried to get Hughton straight away and was turned down. Why would you make this point?

DC has had several years of Bullen being part of the backroom staff and two previous spells as caretaker to “assess” his credentials.  What exactly has anyone learned about Bullen’s management ability over the last 7 games that wasn’t obvious already?

If Hughton did reject us, the club should have just moved onto the next available target.  Whom ever that might have been.

The likes of Puel, O’Neill, Hughes, Karanka, Rowett, Holloway, Pulis etc have all been without a club over the summer.  So it’s not as if there have been no managers available without a certain level of pedigree and experience of the English leagues in the last two months.

Come on mate, wake up and smell the coffee.  DC has been asleep at the wheel for far too long.

Edited by Westfield Owl
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Beholder said:

Ok cutting through the sarcasm, was there or was there not a visible improvement in our performances under Steve Bruce?

Absofoookinlutely...won 2 out of the last 8 for us, now 3 wins from his last 13.

Think qpr beat us with him in charge, the abuse he got was reyt bad.

Hope he forgives us and comes back when newcastle sack him.

lol

48 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

Isn't that just another way of saying he might be a bit out of his depth which is what many people on here are saying?

Thats not the ops accusation. I think he may well have been out of his depth but the tide seems to have turned. Daft spending has stopped and the way he handled the Newcastle situation was excellent. Its been a sharp learning curve but were getting there. Who knows whats in his plans or what he has agreed with Lee Bullen . I know I dont do you claim you do ??? He is a man of loyalty to his staff pity many on here dont show him any.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mcmigo said:

Said it at start of season.

squad isn’t good enough for top 6. Bullen , Pulis, Cowley et al will steer this lot to mid table as a combo of Carlos, Bruce and jos did over last couple of years. We have a decent defence screened by decent defensive midfielders, but do not have enough goals in the team to sustain a top 6 challenge.  Hence why the miracle worker Bruce and his merry men ground out so many nil nils.

you can pick any manager you want, but he isn’t going to get the attackers and midfielders to score at the rate needed without opening up the defence to conceding too many. 

Remember also we are in the honeymoon period of August when our notoriously fragile squad are in decent health. Once the nights start drawing in I am sure they will need to order more towels for the treatment room as has been the case for years. By December we will no doubt be looking for ash baker and Preston to provide the service for our one fit striker Nuhiu.

Sad but true. The squad on the whole has been here too long and now lacks value for us to sell and reinvest with the quality of players needed. Bit depressing really :duntmatter:

10 minutes ago, Westfield Owl said:

DC has had several years of Bullen being part of the backroom staff and two previous spells as caretaker to “assess” his credentials.  What exactly has anyone leaned about Bullen’s management ability over the last 7 games that wasn’t obvious already?

If Hughton did reject us, the club should have just moved onto the next available target.  Whom ever that might have been.

The likes of Puel, O’Neill, Hughes, Karanka, Rowett, Holloway, Pulis etc have all been without a club over the summer.  So it’s not as if there have been no managers available without a certain level of pedigree and experience of the English leagues in the last two months.

Come on mate, wake up and smell the coffee.  DC has been asleep at the wheel for far too long.

Not many on that list with any success stories of late thats for sure.

Feel sorry for DC. Had he appointed Hughton, which he tried to do, nobody complains (though that's a brave and probably foolish statement re OT).

If he replaces Bullen after 4 or 5 matches there's a number of supporters saying that LB ought to be given longer as he knows the club and has done well.

If he brings in anybody it displeases somebody.

Now we get people saying that because he gave Bully a chance, therefore he hasn't replaced him, it's dereliction of duty. Probably some of the same crowd who wanted Stendel about a month ago. It's so easy to change your opinion when you are not making the decision and it's not your money at stake. I can certainly see why DC gave LB a chance and why he now must appoint a more experienced manager, but to say he has been derelict is totally unfair and untrue IMO.

Edited by Beauchief Owl

What hacks me off the most, is that we had a perfectly good manager in place when Chansiri took over.

Consolidated our championship status, and signed many of the players* who made the spine of our play off team, with a near net spend of zero.

Yet ceremoniously binned regardless. 

*Or converted/reinvented them ie Lee

Edited by pussface
ammendum
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

We aren’t going up, and we aren’t going down, so what’s the hurry

Possibly true, but a good appointment now gives us a chance of challenging the top 6. 

Further delay and we will need a good appointment later to keep us in this league at the bottom end.

Not fair on the fans, players or Bullen to maintain the status quo and associated uncertainty. 

5 hours ago, Beholder said:

Delphon Chansiri it's your job to ensure there is a full management and coaching staff in place to oversee the teams affairs.

By not making a decision the season is at risk, again. 

We don't have endless time when the season is underway and these things don't right themselves.

You have had long enough. Just as it was at the end of Carlis' and Jos' reign, it's well past the point of being obvious that something has to be done.

Please go out and appoint a manager. 

Appoint who? Another failure?

Maybe lessons were learned from Carlos and Jos, so he appointed Bruce.

How do you know there’s a manager available within budget who can get us promoted? We may be being held to ransom with quotes for astronomical wages.

Spaff millions on another manager incapable of getting us promoted or wait for the right man? 

Contracts don’t come cheap. 

Have you considered whether a capable manager would want to come to S6? We ain’t as pretty as we once were. 

5 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

We aren’t going up, and we aren’t going down, so what’s the hurry

Like last season, this season is a mid table season.

In some ways its quite a relaxing way to enjoy football - we aren't going down, we aren't going up so just enjoy each match on its own merit without worrying too much about its impact.

It is worth us changing the manager only if we have a fixed idea of what sort of a team/ squad we want when the never had it and war wounded are released on frees at the end of the season.  If we want to go get young talent from lg 1 and lg 2 go get a cowley, tisdale type and give him 3/4 of a season to adjust to championship football so he isnt chucked in at the deep end.  If we want to import from overseas then get a manager mate of all the agents from the portugese football mafia and crack on.  Or if we want to grizzle, bite and scratch our way up , go get fat sam and kevin nolan, or pulis, and start looking for big lumps to get in next summer. 

really our next manager isnt about this season, its about the squad rebuild in the summer and having the stones to not dish out sentimental deals to the current lot.

1 minute ago, striker said:

Possibly true, but a good appointment now gives us a chance of challenging the top 6. 

Further delay and we will need a good appointment later to keep us in this league at the bottom end.

Not fair on the fans, players or Bullen to maintain the status quo and associated uncertainty. 

Not ideal no, but preferable to giving anyone of those linked with the job, a 3 year deal

5 hours ago, keepitsteel89 said:

I think after Bruce left it shook DC for 6 and then Lee Bullen came knocking at the door saying he'd learnt alot in his time at the club and was ready and willing to do the job full time, and DC has given him till Christmas.

That's just my personal opinion but it's one I truly believe and the more time goes on the less I am starting to like Lee for it, the club comes first not Lee Bullen, go cut your teeth in League one or two and earn your right to convince a naive but well meaning chairman you are ready, your not a Frank Lampard or a Steven Gerrard, your Lee Bullen.

I don't like all this knocking DC, the guy clearly loves the club and had plowed money into it. He just needs his luck to change and realise it's the people around him, his advisors that he needs to look at.

I mean jesus you have people on her saying " oh DC should never have put Bullen in that position" ..Hes bloody asked for it!!!! FFS

Business is about making sound financial decisions to bring you forward and develop. 

You put a business plan together to give your company a sound and stable platform that allows it to grow.

Any business that basis its strategy on luck eventually goes boobies up and goes bust. 

1 hour ago, ZicoSterland2 said:

Thats not the ops accusation. I think he may well have been out of his depth but the tide seems to have turned. Daft spending has stopped and the way he handled the Newcastle situation was excellent. Its been a sharp learning curve but were getting there. Who knows whats in his plans or what he has agreed with Lee Bullen . I know I dont do you claim you do ??? He is a man of loyalty to his staff pity many on here dont show him any.

Daft spending has stopped because we were in an embargo (twice).
Where was Chansiri loyalty to the medical staff when they were all shown there cards a couple of years ago?

27 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

Daft spending has stopped because we were in an embargo (twice).
Where was Chansiri loyalty to the medical staff when they were all shown there cards a couple of years ago?

What the ones who couldnt treat players and we had 15 professionals out injured. Think I would change the medical team as well. Bet you were screaming about embargo when we were at Wembley. Look around the championship and see how many teams are in or have been in the sh1 t. The price of challenging is if you fail then you have to rebuild and refinance for 2 or 3 seasons.