DC dereliction of duty.

There's some right pansies on here..you think a man like Lee Bullen will give one throw about toxic abuse ... If some of the people on here tried to manage a football club they'd faint in the technical area during their first loss. Twitter bs is one thing but people should rightly be allowed to vent their frustration at a guy who's using DCs loyalty and eastern code of ethics to stay in the job and ruining our season

Edited by keepitsteel89

1 minute ago, gurujuan said:

Bizarre that so many don’t see this

Of our squad who is currently known for being injury prone? Hutch and Lee are the obvious worries, but who else? We shipped out the majority of our broken men during the summer.

I'd also argue that we've got a far more attacking side than the last few seasons, particularly in midfield with the additions of Harris, Murphy and Odubajo (he's a midfielder, not a full back dammit!). We have an attacking RB in Iorfa, but we definitely fall short at left back.

10 minutes ago, mcmigo said:

Said it at start of season.

squad isn’t good enough for top 6. Bullen , Pulis, Cowley et al will steer this lot to mid table as a combo of Carlos, Bruce and jos did over last couple of years. We have a decent defence screened by decent defensive midfielders, but do not have enough goals in the team to sustain a top 6 challenge.  Hence why the miracle worker Bruce and his merry men ground out so many nil nils.

you can pick any manager you want, but he isn’t going to get the attackers and midfielders to score at the rate needed without opening up the defence to conceding too many. 

Remember also we are in the honeymoon period of August when our notoriously fragile squad are in decent health. Once the nights start drawing in I am sure they will need to order more towels for the treatment room as has been the case for years. By December we will no doubt be looking for ash baker and Preston to provide the service for our one fit striker Nuhiu.

I know you did, and I said it was bullshït then.

The quality of manager clearly does effect results it’s ‘bizarre that so many don’t see this’. Our squad may not achieve promotion with a better manager but it will have more chance, and more importantly a better manager will make better decisions to help us towards being in with a better chance in seasons to come.

But yeah sure, tell it like it is and stick with Bully - same time next year and repeat.

58 minutes ago, Blue and white said:

Or sell up to someone who knows what they are doing.

Around the time he said he would put us up for sale then denied it. He also said something along the lines of he'd turned down 175m and would not return calls with offers if they weren't deemed worthy of getting out of bed  - IF any of that is true, he's obviously going to find it difficult to sell. It's well known he's difficult to deal with  so in short I suspect we're stuck with him -for good or bad

I think “dereliction of duty” is a bit strong for a guy who is about 60-100m down on this and had the perfect manager taken from him. 

But generally speaking the cogs turn far too slowly at the club and some decisive action is important in this game. There are some good managers just there staring at us. Please pick one!

5 minutes ago, Minton said:

Of our squad who is currently known for being injury prone? Hutch and Lee are the obvious worries, but who else? We shipped out the majority of our broken men during the summer.

I'd also argue that we've got a far more attacking side than the last few seasons, particularly in midfield with the additions of Harris, Murphy and Odubajo (he's a midfielder, not a full back dammit!). We have an attacking RB in Iorfa, but we definitely fall short at left back.

No, more that we don’t have enough goals in the side

12 minutes ago, Minton said:

Fletcher, Westwood, Lees all have had long periods out injured in last two years. Bruce alluded to fletcher now managing his physical issues rather than ever being 100 percent. Harris has had long periods of injury absence in his career.

14 minutes ago, steelowl said:

Around the time he said he would put us up for sale then denied it. He also said something along the lines of he'd turned down 175m and would not return calls with offers if they weren't deemed worthy of getting out of bed  - IF any of that is true, he's obviously going to find it difficult to sell. It's well known he's difficult to deal with  so in short I suspect we're stuck with him -for good or bad

That's the worry.

The problem is that ending up in mid table again is not the worst case scenario no matter how good we think some of our players are. If the team looses its drive and fans lose hope and turn in them, we could end up being the big club with the quality players unexpectedly dragged into a relegation battle. Don’t let’s kid ourselves we’re too good, there’s been plenty of clubs with good player  on paper dragged into to the mire due to poor management top down over the years.

DC needs to act quickly. 

12 minutes ago, Sonny said:

I know you did, and I said it was bullshït then.

The quality of manager clearly does effect results it’s ‘bizarre that so many don’t see this’. Our squad may not achieve promotion with a better manager but it will have more chance, and more importantly a better manager will make better decisions to help us towards being in with a better chance in seasons to come.

But yeah sure, tell it like it is and stick with Bully - same time next year and repeat.

I am not saying sticking with Bullen is the answer . But I am saying that this season we won’t go up no matter who is in charge. We don’t have the goals in the team nor the legs to sustain 46 games of high performance.  I worry about the expectations of fans if we do bring in a new manager. We need to finish the squad rebuild started by Bruce. That means getting rid of lee , hutch , fletcher, Westwood, forestieri, Rhodes , Nuhiu.  And replacing with younger players .

• Like 1

Just now, mcmigo said:

I am not saying sticking with Bullen is the answer . But I am saying that this season we won’t go up no matter who is in charge. We don’t have the goals in the team nor the legs to sustain 46 games of high performance.  I worry about the expectations of fans if we do bring in a new manager. We need to finish the squad rebuild started by Bruce. That means getting rid of lee , hutch , fletcher, Westwood, forestieri, Rhodes , Nuhiu.  And replacing with younger players .

I'd keep Westwood, Hutch and Lee out of that list. Think you always need some experience amongst the team. However the rest I would get rid, I like Fletcher, think he gives his all but I've always thought hes an expensive luxury who for his salary doesn't bring enough goals with his game.

1 hour ago, Beholder said:

Delphon Chansiri it's your job to ensure there is a full management and coaching staff in place to oversee the teams affairs.

By not making a decision the season is at risk, again. 

We don't have endless time when the season is underway and these things don't right themselves.

You have had long enough. Just as it was at the end of Carlis' and Jos' reign, it's well past the point of being obvious that something has to be done.

Please go out and appoint a manager. 

One thing that most people are tending to forget - you cannot just appoint a Manager. Football, like life, is a matter of choice.And if the candidates we would wish to choose DON'T WANT THE JOB, Dc's hands are tied. Remember, he wanted Bruce, as did many of us, and was prepared to allow time before he stated. He was then kicked in the teeth by the same 'Saviour' in a couple of months Were I in his place, I would be very chary  about his replacement.   

3 minutes ago, mcmigo said:

That’s the trouble with a lot of our fans, they don’t really bother to look at where we are as a club. It’s probably the same people who thought Jordan Rhodes would shoot us to the Premier League. Just a cursory look at our squad, should tell you promotion is unrealistic, no matter who is in charge. 

1 hour ago, Musn't Grumble said:

Sometimes, getting someone quickly and getting the right person for the job are mutually exclusive.

I appreciate that there are only a few managers around at the moment who fit the requirement despite probably a hundred or more applications for the job.

Maybe the right person in DC's eyes hasn't stood up to be counted yet? Maybe the offer isn't right? Maybe he has someone in mind who can't extracate themselves from their current position?

I feel you are right and i fear that person is Neil Warnock (shudders)

I can just imagine the meltdown on here if DC after a week or so of old cabbage face leaving appointed Pulis/McLaren et al.

There was nowt about then and there is still nowt about now domestically. 

Now if we appointed Pulis half the people on here would treat him as a messiah!

No deal is better than a bad deal. Short term pain for long term gain.

Patience people.

Edited by lanzaroteowl

1 hour ago, akbuk said:

And we will have the stadium back off of you and here's your £60 million back 

1 hour ago, Bukta said:

So that’s £90 million you’re offering him or does your £60 million include the stadium? What is your background may I ask?

Now i am not very good at anagrams, but............

11 minutes ago, mcmigo said:

Fletcher, Westwood, Lees all have had long periods out injured in last two years. Bruce alluded to fletcher now managing his physical issues rather than ever being 100 percent. Harris has had long periods of injury absence in his career.

Every player gets injured at some point though. There is a difference between being injured and being injury prone. Westwood I'll grant you, he does have a history. Lees and Harris both had longer term injuries, but neither were repeat injuries or consistent physio table malingerers. Lees has played 436 career games and Harris 134 (despite being out of favour for 2 years at Cardiff).

Even Westwood has 469 career appearances and he was second fiddle at Sunderland for 3 seasons and frozen out here for half of last season.