DC dereliction of duty.

I understand the sentiment and broadly agree, but whatever we as fans think, and I disagree with my own statement here as a passionate fan, but in reality, the club is DC's toy and he can do what he wants until he's of a mood to sell and someone gives him £100m+

Obviously we gave Bullen an audition, clearly not going to be an option and don't think there will have been much activity. Now, during this break I think DC will revisit and recommrnce the recruitment process. 

I do fundamentally disagree with DC's strategy on this issue, IMO we should have appointed the best candidate before the season started and extremely frustrated with the lack of urgency to put in place a proper manager.

I hope an appointment is made swiftly this week and it's the right appointment, not just a stop gap failure off the managerial merry go round

1 minute ago, Beholder said:

Ok cutting through the sarcasm, was there or was there not a visible improvement in our performances under Steve Bruce?

True there was, but then again that was an improvement on Jos's efforts, which may not be the best yard stick of success !!???:dry:

Sometimes, getting someone quickly and getting the right person for the job are mutually exclusive.

I appreciate that there are only a few managers around at the moment who fit the requirement despite probably a hundred or more applications for the job.

Maybe the right person in DC's eyes hasn't stood up to be counted yet? Maybe the offer isn't right? Maybe he has someone in mind who can't extracate themselves from their current position?

5 minutes ago, mcmigo said:

We are in serious danger of finishing mid table again. Much like the last two seasons under 3 experienced, different managers. This clearly has nothing to do with the players being a mid table squad, and the simple act of appointing a manager today will catapult this mid table squad to a glorious promotion. Despite playing 5 months of premiership football this millennium we are still a premier league club on temporary loan to the bowels of the lower leagues and we need only find ourselves a ‘progressive high tempo gengafrankfurter’ who can vanquish the likes of  the Whites of Leeds and Fulham. Why can’t DC see this ?

Spot on pal

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Beholder said:

Delphon Chansiri it's your job to ensure there is a full management and coaching staff in place to oversee the teams affairs.

By not making a decision the season is at risk, again. 

We don't have endless time when the season is underway and these things don't right themselves.

You have had long enough. Just as it was at the end of Carlis' and Jos' reign, it's well past the point of being obvious that something has to be done.

Please go out and appoint a manager. 

tenor (6).gif

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

I think he did the right thing, letting Bullen take it on short term. Given the circumstances of Bruce leaving just before the season I don’t there was any right or wrong answer. I think consistency was the key and I guess Bullen continued what Bruce had been working on....

But performances haven’t been convincing so I expect he’ll be making an appointment  very soon. 

37 minutes ago, Westfield Owl said:

Should never have come to having to sell the club’s ground just to make up for his rank bad management of the club’s finances.

Yes you could argue that at least DC stepped up to the plate and put his hand in to do it.  However, a well run club wouldn’t have had to do that just to avoid P&S sanctions.

Correct and my worry is it might come back to bite us on the bum at a later stage.  It's just plastering over the cracks.

Just now, Mus said:

Correct and my worry is it might come back to bite us on the bum at a later stage.  It's just plastering over the cracks.

What would have been the consequences, had he not decided to do that? Genuine question, as I’m not sure what the implications would have been, having such a shortfall in finances

In Monk and Rowett there are two out of work managers with very good championship records.

Then there are Alex Neil and the Cowley's who would be desirable in work managers.

Any of these options would be a vast improvement on Bullen. 

1 minute ago, gurujuan said:

What would have been the consequences, had he not decided to do that? Genuine question, as I’m not sure what the implications would have been, having such a shortfall in finances

Points deduction like Birmingham I believe so you can see why it was done, but it should never ever have got to this stage.  DC has tried his best but he has failed in a lot of areas.  

34 minutes ago, Rogerwyldesmullet said:

Lads - we have to learn how to “manage upwards” ranting and raving wont work -  try this:

Dear Mr Chansiri

thank you for putting millions into our club and thank you for sorting out FFP.

Some of us have got the heebie jeebies because we have not appointed a permanent (oh the irony of that word) manager and so I would like to suggest _________.

For heavens sake don’t appoint ____________ , that would cause me to hang myself by the goolies off the viaduct.

Have a nice day,

PS. I love John West me - “it’s  the fish that John West reject that make John West the best”

(This should be typed or done in your beast handwriting - don’t forget the stamp)

I like John West too, but typically like our prices it's bloody expensive for what it is. I've known the cat turn it's nose up at it.

6 minutes ago, Sonny said:

Yeah spot on pal the quality of manager makes no difference whatsoever.

:duntmatter:

Said it at start of season.

squad isn’t good enough for top 6. Bullen , Pulis, Cowley et al will steer this lot to mid table as a combo of Carlos, Bruce and jos did over last couple of years. We have a decent defence screened by decent defensive midfielders, but do not have enough goals in the team to sustain a top 6 challenge.  Hence why the miracle worker Bruce and his merry men ground out so many nil nils.

you can pick any manager you want, but he isn’t going to get the attackers and midfielders to score at the rate needed without opening up the defence to conceding too many. 

Remember also we are in the honeymoon period of August when our notoriously fragile squad are in decent health. Once the nights start drawing in I am sure they will need to order more towels for the treatment room as has been the case for years. By December we will no doubt be looking for ash baker and Preston to provide the service for our one fit striker Nuhiu.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, mcmigo said:

Said it at start of season.

squad isn’t good enough for top 6. Bullen , Pulis, Cowley et al will steer this lot to mid table as a combo of Carlos, Bruce and jos did over last couple of years. We have a decent defence screened by decent defensive midfielders, but do not have enough goals in the team to sustain a top 6 challenge.  Hence why the miracle worker Bruce and his merry men ground out so many nil nils.

you can pick any manager you want, but he isn’t going to get the attackers and midfielders to score at the rate needed without opening up the defence to conceding too many. 

Remember also we are in the honeymoon period of August when our notoriously fragile squad are in decent health. Once the nights start drawing in I am sure they will need to order more towels for the treatment room as has been the case for years. By December we will no doubt be looking for ash baker and Preston to provide the service for our one fit striker Nuhiu.

Bizarre that so many don’t see this

• Haha 1