Time for a Poll

22 hours ago, the monk said:

How do you know or think  hes too close to the players ?

When the bus turns up at away matches he's sat on the back seat with Atdhe and Westy, he should be at the front with the driver reading the map or summat,  and on way back he's the one who starts the sing songs, just an observation.

• Haha 4

8 minutes ago, daleblue said:

When the bus turns up at away matches he's sat on the back seat with Atdhe and Westy, he should be at the front with the driver reading the map or summat,  and on way back he's the one who starts the sing songs, just an observation.

He also plays FIfa with them, lends them money for cigs and walks their dog when they are away. 

• Haha 2

21 hours ago, Buxtongent said:

What's this sudden craze for polls? Do they do any good? I very much doubt it. And what would be the question that we put on the poll?

This site cannot agree on a) Should Bullen be appointed Manager, b) Who should be appointed Manager or even c) is it a Manager we need or a DoF.

Quiz the first 20k Wednesdayites through the gates on Sat, and you will end up with a MINIMUM of 10k answers.

And if we have a poll, what difference will it make? We had one over Brexit and whichever way you voted, you cannot argue the fact that our Rulers (MP's) simply IGNORED IT and went their own sweet way. The only way for a poll to mean anything is for it to be legal and binding, and what Owner will accept that.I certainly wouldn't,were I the Owner

By all means hold an opinion, and voice it,but remember - the freedom of expression of opinion also carries with it the necessity of RESPONSIBILITY.

Were we to get a new manager that We wanted, would we be prepared to accept his failure as well as his success

Brexit has taught us that Polls should never be used again to make decisions.  The question asked is usually too black and white where in reality its the grey areas where decisions are usually made.

23 hours ago, Buxtongent said:

What's this sudden craze for polls? Do they do any good? I very much doubt it. And what would be the question that we put on the poll?

This site cannot agree on a) Should Bullen be appointed Manager, b) Who should be appointed Manager or even c) is it a Manager we need or a DoF.

Quiz the first 20k Wednesdayites through the gates on Sat, and you will end up with a MINIMUM of 10k answers.

And if we have a poll, what difference will it make? We had one over Brexit and whichever way you voted, you cannot argue the fact that our Rulers (MP's) simply IGNORED IT and went their own sweet way. The only way for a poll to mean anything is for it to be legal and binding, and what Owner will accept that.I certainly wouldn't,were I the Owner

By all means hold an opinion, and voice it,but remember - the freedom of expression of opinion also carries with it the necessity of RESPONSIBILITY.

Were we to get a new manager that We wanted, would we be prepared to accept his failure as well as his success

i'd like to think it was just some light hearted suggestion for a 'poll'.

however, perhaps the 'odd' person would be looking to seriously prove something.

from my point of view, and what I pick up from others is that it would be unlikely that anyone would have a plus rating, but each individual would have more naysayers than supporters, though I would expect bullen to be coming out near the top, and that in itself is why it would be foolishly dangerous.

I don't envy dc this decision, though if it were up to me, i'd look at stuart gray as I was eating my quadruple helping of 'humble pie'.

23 hours ago, Buxtongent said:

Up until now, I love these sort of threads as my nickname is Poll. The 'New manager Poll' thread was my favourite. This post has pretty much ruined it for me though. 'We need a poll' to 'What's this sudden craze for polls? Do they do any good?' 'If we have a poll, what difference will it make?'

Gutted.

On 29/08/2019 at 09:15, Tamworthowl said:

If you can't get behind Bullen and support him, at least get off his case. We've been dumped on by Bruce, and Bullen has picked up the pieces.

This 

Some won’t take this on board though, as we haven’t won every game. 

On 29/08/2019 at 08:11, Owls Loyal said:

I think we now need a poll on whether Lee Bullen shoukld be appointed as the Permanent Manager of Sheffield Wednesday.

I personally think that this would be a major mistake as we need someone who can drive a promotion push.

Bullen is too close to the players imo and I do not want him being pilloried in a few weeks time.

But let us see what the majority of Owlstalk contributors think.

You’ve already tried to influence the outcome by the way you’ve asked the question.

Have you considered a career in politics.

On 29/08/2019 at 16:11, Owls Loyal said:

I think we now need a poll on whether Lee Bullen shoukld be appointed as the Permanent Manager of Sheffield Wednesday.

I personally think that this would be a major mistake as we need someone who can drive a promotion push.

Bullen is too close to the players imo and I do not want him being pilloried in a few weeks time.

But let us see what the majority of Owlstalk contributors think.

I'm a bit confused here. if you think we need a poll... why didn't you just click on the button that said "Poll"? 

:image:

image.thumb.png.f547db8cbb14861bbb19b759f3940166.png

Guest LittleG
On 29/08/2019 at 09:15, Tamworthowl said:

How about a vote...

Keep Bullen as caretaker until someone decent becomes available, or

Appoint the best of the dross from the bottom of the barrel?

I don't think many see Bullen as long term (or medium term) answer, but do we really just want rid if that means we start a Monk out / Rowett out / Random foreigner out campaign in three months?

If you can't get behind Bullen and support him, at least get off his case. We've been dumped on by Bruce, and Bullen has picked up the pieces. He's not been the roaring success we hoped for, but neither has he been the disaster many expected. 

I'm on the fence with regards to Bullen. He comes across really well in interviews but will his lack of experience and support be his downfall; hope not. The thing that worries me is the number of posters that are saying we should keep Lee till someone better/decent becomes available. Surely the only managers that will become available are ones that have been sacked from their most recent job. Hope we're not waiting for one of those.

19 minutes ago, LittleG said:

I'm on the fence with regards to Bullen. He comes across really well in interviews but will his lack of experience and support be his downfall; hope not. The thing that worries me is the number of posters that are saying we should keep Lee till someone better/decent becomes available. Surely the only managers that will become available are ones that have been sacked from their most recent job. Hope we're not waiting for one of those.

I agree with your point on waiting for a failure to become available.

Do we really want Garcia (Watford) or Farke (Norwich) after they've failed? Even if we wait, will they come to a championship team? Will they want a break? Lower down, do we want Strendl after Barnsley sack him, or Jones from Stoke? Not really.

But maybe Chansiri is looking elsewhere, perhaps to Europe and a manager that might be tempted from a big club in a smaller country. I liked the idea of Dan Petrescu until I read that he has Doyen links. But maybe there's someone similar Chansiri is working on.

The point I made, is that it is preferable to take our time if a quality manager(s) is being chased. The alternative is to appoint someone, more or less anyone, just because Bullen isn't good enough. The big unknown in this, is what is Chansiri doing? Is he working on a quality manager, or is he waiting for a sacking?

Guest LittleG
6 minutes ago, Tamworthowl said:

I agree with your point on waiting for a failure to become available.

Do we really want Garcia (Watford) or Farke (Norwich) after they've failed? Even if we wait, will they come to a championship team? Will they want a break? Lower down, do we want Strendl after Barnsley sack him, or Jones from Stoke? Not really.

But maybe Chansiri is looking elsewhere, perhaps to Europe and a manager that might be tempted from a big club in a smaller country. I liked the idea of Dan Petrescu until I read that he has Doyen links. But maybe there's someone similar Chansiri is working on.

The point I made, is that it is preferable to take our time if a quality manager(s) is being chased. The alternative is to appoint someone, more or less anyone, just because Bullen isn't good enough. The big unknown in this, is what is Chansiri doing? Is he working on a quality manager, or is he waiting for a sacking?

I think you've got it in a nutshell with your last sentence. Nobody knows what he is doing and so it's the complete lack of information coupled with a lack of trust that is frustrating the majority of Wednesday fans. We just need some indication as to what his happening moving forward.