Time for a Poll

I think we now need a poll on whether Lee Bullen shoukld be appointed as the Permanent Manager of Sheffield Wednesday.

I personally think that this would be a major mistake as we need someone who can drive a promotion push.

Bullen is too close to the players imo and I do not want him being pilloried in a few weeks time.

But let us see what the majority of Owlstalk contributors think.

5 minutes ago, Owls Loyal said:

I think we now need a poll on whether Lee Bullen shoukld be appointed as the Permanent Manager of Sheffield Wednesday.

I personally think that this would be a major mistake as we need someone who can drive a promotion push.

Bullen is too close to the players imo and I do not want him being pilloried in a few weeks time.

How do you know or think  hes too close to the players ?

6 games played, 4 of them away and 4 victories? If (IF) we beat QPR that would be 5 from 7, getting results is what matters, performances will come with confidence and belief, and support.

Edited by Striggy

"nobody told me there would be days like these!"

1 minute ago, Striggy said:

6 games played, 4 of them away and 4 victories? If (IF) we beat QPR that would be 5 from 7, getting results is what matters, performances will come with confidence and believe, and support.

If we get through the season picking up results despite dogshit performances, that's great, but doesn't normally work that way. 

QPR a difficult game, considering how we struggled against the other established championship teams we've played recently (millwall, preston)...but that's nothing to the fixtures coming up after the international break. 

51 minutes ago, Owls Loyal said:

How about sectarianshit Yes or No  I vote NO. As for Bullen until we get an outstanding candidate let him keep the ship steady

29 minutes ago, striker said:

If we get through the season picking up results despite dogshit performances, that's great, but doesn't normally work that way. 

QPR a difficult game, considering how we struggled against the other established championship teams we've played recently (millwall, preston)...but that's nothing to the fixtures coming up after the international break. 

We battered Millwall and if we hadn't have gave away two soft penalties Preston wouldn't have scored... QPR have just been tonked by Portsmouth so I expect us to win on Saturday...I don't care if we don't play like Man City as long as we keep picking up the points. As we all know the time to be playing at our absolute best is March and April so the more points we get now the better

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

How about a vote...

Keep Bullen as caretaker until someone decent becomes available, or

Appoint the best of the dross from the bottom of the barrel?

I don't think many see Bullen as long term (or medium term) answer, but do we really just want rid if that means we start a Monk out / Rowett out / Random foreigner out campaign in three months?

If you can't get behind Bullen and support him, at least get off his case. We've been dumped on by Bruce, and Bullen has picked up the pieces. He's not been the roaring success we hoped for, but neither has he been the disaster many expected. 

• Thanks 1

What concerns me with the current management set up is the amount of staff, not the personnel. With the 3 Steves leaving, Bullen is really stretched and essentially doing 4 previous roles including his own, which must put even more pressure on him. I think if DC is going to wait for a while and stay with Bullen, we need to bring in an assistant coach or older/experienced no 2.

5 minutes ago, Animis said:

What concerns me with the current management set up is the amount of staff, not the personnel. With the 3 Steves leaving, Bullen is really stretched and essentially doing 4 previous roles including his own, which must put even more pressure on him. I think if DC is going to wait for a while and stay with Bullen, we need to bring in an assistant coach or older/experienced no 2.

if you're that close, give him a hand.

• Haha 1

What's this sudden craze for polls? Do they do any good? I very much doubt it. And what would be the question that we put on the poll?

This site cannot agree on a) Should Bullen be appointed Manager, b) Who should be appointed Manager or even c) is it a Manager we need or a DoF.

Quiz the first 20k Wednesdayites through the gates on Sat, and you will end up with a MINIMUM of 10k answers.

And if we have a poll, what difference will it make? We had one over Brexit and whichever way you voted, you cannot argue the fact that our Rulers (MP's) simply IGNORED IT and went their own sweet way. The only way for a poll to mean anything is for it to be legal and binding, and what Owner will accept that.I certainly wouldn't,were I the Owner

By all means hold an opinion, and voice it,but remember - the freedom of expression of opinion also carries with it the necessity of RESPONSIBILITY.

Were we to get a new manager that We wanted, would we be prepared to accept his failure as well as his success

16 minutes ago, Tamworthowl said:

How about a vote...

Keep Bullen as caretaker until someone decent becomes available, or

Appoint the best of the dross from the bottom of the barrel?

I don't think many see Bullen as long term (or medium term) answer, but do we really just want rid if that means we start a Monk out / Rowett out / Random foreigner out campaign in three months?

If you can't get behind Bullen and support him, at least get off his case. We've been dumped on by Bruce, and Bullen has picked up the pieces. He's not been the roaring success we hoped for, but neither has he been the disaster many expected. 

This is it for me.

Just get off his case.

As always on here, you’ve got the same old vocal crew, who’ve said all along ‘ he’ll never make a manager’ and are desperate to be proved right.

Lets get some loser in that’s out of a job on the remote off chance that he can get better results than we’re currently getting ?

Not for me. I’d rather go with a bit of stability after Bruce dumped us.

It really could have gone alot worse 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, the monk said:

How do you know or think  hes too close to the players ?

Noone knows do they, this is a new stab-in-the-dark theory though and is obviously the only fathomable reason why we've lost 2 games this season FFS - one where we couldn't finish and the other where we gave two penalties away at 2 sides who have started well. We should be on 15pts not 9 etc etc etc all aboard HMS PissTheLeague.

Bullen isn't glamorous enough for some. Look how we laughed when the others got wilder in League One, we didn't even flinch when Farke appointed at Norwich, Tin pot Huddersfield and their inexperienced Wagner, Dean Smith couldnt manage a big club like Wednesday, the list goes on. 

If the players are playing for Bully, crack on, all types of manager can make an impact, we are doing alright with a newish squad and why rip it up and start again now 5 league games into the season. Give it a chance and look at it at the 2nd International break.

Can't for the life of me understand all the negativity. Bully deserves a proper chance. 

• Like 1