Bullen: First test failed or just unlucky?

Just now, sonofbert2 said:

Millwall did brilliant 2nd half and we helped 'cause we snatched at everything we created.

Thing that did disappoint me was we didn't create many two on ones against their full backs. Would have liked to have seen us work the ball into better areas nearer to goal.

Our numerical advantage mainly ended up being one extra body in the box which is easier to negate than overloading the wide areas.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, hugeowl said:

The way Millwall were playing I think Nuhui would have been on instead of Rhodes 

I think Bullen gave it a go but should have had Murphy of at half time 

Valid points but if he had some might argue that he should have given Murphy more time as he payed well before today and that Nuhiu is a rubbish finisher and should have stayed on the bench.

It's all just opinion and yours is as valid as any.

• Like 1

I'd sooner look at the players today rather than Bullen.

I'm still to be persuaded about Bullen's tactical acumen, but I was actually impressed with his substitutions today - I thought he got them all bang on (well, arguably, Nuhiu may have been a better bet than Rhodes).

We were set up right, but we were just lacking that little bit of quality.

Guest Ferkorf

As much as I want to I can't throw Bullen under the bus today.

We should have taken a point minimum but we have a game tuesday. Lets kick on and get 3 points.

I’ll say it like it is, we should be beating the Millwall’s of this world when they have eleven on the field, to lose to them with ten is just a poor result. No excusing it. And to lose without really troubling the ten men of Millwall makes it worse. I know people are desperate for Bully to do well but be careful what you wish for, this is the same Wednesday team people have spent loads of time saying should be up there challenging for promotion.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Bit of both for me. We should be getting something against 10 men for 45+ minutes. Players deserve a lot of blame also. 

Didnt watch the game but it looks to me like we dominated. Great stats for an away team, looks to me like poor finishing was to blame not the manager!

D7384503-5E94-48EF-AC60-301B5E68B7FD.png