Bullen: First test failed or just unlucky?

Everybody is making excuses for Bullen, we will win Tuesday and everybody will be clamouring to give him the job.

We lost against 10 men today , against a team that will probably finish about half way this year.

He got outfoxed today by their manager 

I really hope I have to eat humble pie and he proves me wrong.

Just cant see it though

Just my opinion 

UP THE OWLS !

6 minutes ago, Bluey9 said:

Everybody is making excuses for Bullen, we will win Tuesday and everybody will be clamouring to give him the job.

We lost against 10 men today , against a team that will probably finish about half way this year.

Just cant see it though

Just my opinion 

UP THE OWLS !

I'd hardly call camping 10 men around your 18 yard box as you defend a fortuitous 1-0 lead outfoxing somebody. 

But there we go. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Bluey9 said:

Just cant see it though

Just my opinion 

UP THE OWLS !

We came up against a Millwall team that play with 10 men behind the ball for most of the game anyway, so going down to ten (when already a goal up thanks to some average goal keeping) wasn't much of a disadvantage.  

In what way exactly did Harris outfox Bullen other than they scored with one of their 2 chances, and we couldn't manage to put any of our 5748920 away?  It's not Bullen's fault if the players put everything straight down the keeper's throat.

We didn't do anything tactically wrong for me.  He made bold substitutions that affected the game, it just didn't come off.  Too easy to look at a result and be critical.

Just not bothered...

Personally I’d still give the job to an upcoming and highly rated manager. 

However if that’s not in Chansiri’s thoughts then a comfortable home win is a must on Tuesday.  Failure to get at least 3 points against millwall and Luton would be a poor return with the squad we have. 

3 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

It'll be like this every time we lose one - no matter the performance. 

Thats the problem mate.

It is idiotic to have a pop at a manager based on one game. Nobody would be having a pop at Cowley or Pulis or Pearson or Hughton etc etc, but if we get a poor result under Bully hey presto he’s useless.

I maintain we should wait. Keep him in the role for a while, then decide.

Edited by Holmowl
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Holmowl said:

Thats the problem mate.

It is idiotic to have a pop at a manager based on one game. Nobody would be having a pop at Cowley or Pulis or Pearson or Hughton etc etc, but if we get a poor result under Bully hey presto he’s useless.

Wait for what? To decide what? Head sand and burying come to mind.

4 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Thats the problem mate.

It is idiotic to have a pop at a manager based on one game. Nobody would be having a pop at Crowley or Pulis or Pearson or Hughton etc etc, but if we get a poor result under Bully hey presto he’s useless.

I'm not sure whether he can do it or not. Remains to be seen.

But enough have made their minds up ...

......and every defeat will be met with the response he's out of his depth, regardless of how we play, ref decisions,  players on field choices or anything else. 

Just now, Lord Snooty said:

I'm not sure whether he can do it or not. Remains to be seen.

But enough have made their minds up ...

......and every defeat will be met with the response he's out of his depth, regardless of how we play, ref decisions,  players on field choices or anything else. 

But that's been the case for every manager in the last 20 years!  We have a stupidly reactionary fan base.

Just not bothered...

Guest LittleG
54 minutes ago, cowl said:

I'd sooner look at the players today rather than Bullen.

I'm still to be persuaded about Bullen's tactical acumen, but I was actually impressed with his substitutions today - I thought he got them all bang on (well, arguably, Nuhiu may have been a better bet than Rhodes).

We were set up right, but we were just lacking that little bit of quality.

We need better options off the bench than Rhodes and Nuihu if we are hoping to be up there.

Guest LittleG
14 minutes ago, mattitheowl said:

But that's been the case for every manager in the last 20 years!  We have a stupidly reactionary fan base.

I think all clubs have one 

1 hour ago, hugeowl said:

The way Millwall were playing I think Nuhui would have been on instead of Rhodes 

I think Bullen gave it a go but should have had Murphy of at half time 

Exactly this ,plan A had failed for 60mins and he failed to use plan B (get it up to big Dave and playoff him in and around the box like we did at Preston last season  ) .too much fannying around in midfield and we created zero as a result. Not impressed at all. If you want promotion you don’t lose to a poor team with 10men for 45 mins :bullen:

Guest The Horse
39 minutes ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

Left out. 

That's disconcerting then.

Arguably the league's best player left out of a squad never mind making the starting 11.

What da fuq.

Did he poo in Bullen's corn flakes or summat?