Bullen: First test failed or just unlucky?

Guest Kagoshimaowl

Failed! Wrong team and poor substitutions. However, he’s been excellent since he took over from Bruce so let’s not shoot him just yet!

6 hours ago, Brando17 said:

very valid point bud

I think teams are getting wise to the high press use two quick wingers in behind systems. 

United got found out, but wilderbeast changed tactics. 

Bielsa continued to try to play it but they ran our of steam and teams just sat in defending  going go on break us down 

7 hours ago, prowl said:

Do you know why he was missing. It could be because of the upcoming ban being on his mind or he could be injured. Blaming Bullen without knowing the background is a bit questionable. If you do know please enlighten me because I must have missed it.

If he can’t play because of his potential upcoming ban we shouldn’t have appealed. He’d be halfway through his ban now. 

10 hours ago, mattitheowl said:

We came up against a Millwall team that play with 10 men behind the ball for most of the game anyway, so going down to ten (when already a goal up thanks to some average goal keeping) wasn't much of a disadvantage.  

In what way exactly did Harris outfox Bullen other than they scored with one of their 2 chances, and we couldn't manage to put any of our 5748920 away?  It's not Bullen's fault if the players put everything straight down the keeper's throat.

We didn't do anything tactically wrong for me.  He made bold substitutions that affected the game, it just didn't come off.  Too easy to look at a result and be critical.

I’m not against Bully getting a shot but lost a bit of confidence today. 

We lost all tactical shape and just put random  players on out of position. 

More brainless substitutions than bold. 

12 hours ago, chizumgeorge said:

Didnt watch the game but it looks to me like we dominated. Great stats for an away team, looks to me like poor finishing was to blame not the manager!

D7384503-5E94-48EF-AC60-301B5E68B7FD.png

Looking at those stats alone you would guess the result was 0 2 or 1 3.

I think the affecting elements of playing away are very underestimated...

Our achilies is our foreward line,we brought them in on reputation and not potency,and untill that changes wel be competing for a play off berth at best,because weve never had the required fire power to challenge for the top spots.

Yesterday we should have gone with Nuhiu up top against their two big lads,

One of the main reasons millwall are still in this league is their ability to gain points at home. It's never an easy game for anyone down there and when they defend as well as they did Wednesday wouldn't have been the only team to struggle. Having said that from our point of view chances weren't taken and of course some mistakes were made but what is it they say about hindsight being 20/20?

UTO

15 hours ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

An hour against an average side with 10 men without making a decent opportunity...

or...

Dominated possession, kept the pressure on, just didn't get the rub of the green.

Which is it?

Sounds like we played well and dominated play. Just one of those days. At least we played high tempo pressure football. Some days we wont get a result. Thats life. Bully made positive subs, if he jadnt we would have got slated. Would have been happy with a draw like i said before the game. Nothing to worry about in my opinion.

6 hours ago, rickygoo said:

If he can’t play because of his potential upcoming ban we shouldn’t have appealed. He’d be halfway through his ban now. 

Why do people think FF would be the answer anyway. He hardly sets the world on fire when he plays. Right call for me.

Promotion teams are allowed to have these kind of results. Newcastle lost their opening two games when they got promoted, Fulham lost to Barnsley and will probably be up there. We have to make sure that it was just a freak result and go out and batter Luton on Tuesday. Then get a draw at Preston. 

10 points from the first 5 games is still promotion form 

6 minutes ago, Owls-Fan said:

Promotion teams are allowed to have these kind of results. Newcastle lost their opening two games when they got promoted, Fulham lost to Barnsley and will probably be up there. We have to make sure that it was just a freak result and go out and batter Luton on Tuesday. Then get a draw at Preston. 

10 points from the first 5 games is still promotion form 

Makes me laugh all this promotion talk. 2 results and we are world beaters. Lets see where we are in 25 games and then start speculating. 

15 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

I'd hardly call camping 10 men around your 18 yard box as you defend a fortuitous 1-0 lead outfoxing somebody. 

But there we go. 

15 hours ago, heppers said:

10 men all behind the ball. Very hard to score against.

If that’s all it takes to stop us scoring every team that comes to Hillsborough will do it.

Too small a sample size. Let’s see how they react on Tuesday and go from there. When Carlos lost we always responded well which led to the playoffs. If Bullen can replicate that then people will forget this game quickly.