Bullen: First test failed or just unlucky?

30 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

It'll be like this every time we lose one - no matter the performance. 

No matter who’s in charge aswell 

5 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

No matter who’s in charge aswell 

Quite. 

Though I believe moreso in the current season on account of so many people making their minds up before a ball had been kicked and nailing their colours to the mast accordingly.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WelshOwl74 said:

Too many like for like players on bench 

Fernando only different player to anyone else and doesn't even make bench 

Sorry but stupid decision by bullen 

Do you know why he was missing. It could be because of the upcoming ban being on his mind or he could be injured. Blaming Bullen without knowing the background is a bit questionable. If you do know please enlighten me because I must have missed it.

Nobody has said anything about Westwood flapping again at a corner for millwalls goal. So far this season he has left his line and missed every ball. Only error LB made was dropping Dawson. I know its not going to be popular but I cant see why he was dropped. Nobody was marking goal scorer properly for a corner and Westwood was a good foot away from getting any contact on the ball from the cross. Poor decision making. Cost us the game and 2 points imo.

7 minutes ago, hirstys_achilles said:

Nobody has said anything about Westwood flapping again at a corner for millwalls goal. So far this season he has left his line and missed every ball. Only error LB made was dropping Dawson. I know its not going to be popular but I cant see why he was dropped. Nobody was marking goal scorer properly for a corner and Westwood was a good foot away from getting any contact on the ball from the cross. Poor decision making. Cost us the game and 2 points imo.

You win as a team and you lose as a team. Lots of fault for that goal, Westwood made a positional error, defence weren’t picking up their players properly, too much space was allowed. When we were in possession we spent far too much time in the centre of the park, the shots on target figure hides the fact there was not much creativity going on against a compact ten men team, the finishing was poor... Overall there is no hiding that it was just a very poor performance from supposedly a playoff challenging team against a team who will be happy to finish above the bottom half, and with ten men. Players to blame, manager to blame, lost as a team.

Edited by Matthew Thomas

7 minutes ago, hirstys_achilles said:

tenor.gif?itemid=8803801

12 minutes ago, hirstys_achilles said:

Can't criticise Westwood on here mate 

Made 2 fuckups in 2 games and can't mention it 

Dawson kept 2 clean sheets but if he did what Westwood would have done he'd be hung at the cathedral

42 minutes ago, brian joicey said:

Exactly this ,plan A had failed for 60mins and he failed to use plan B (get it up to big Dave and playoff him in and around the box like we did at Preston last season  ) .too much fannying around in midfield and we created zero as a result. Not impressed at all. If you want promotion you don’t lose to a poor team with 10men for 45 mins :bullen:

If you are serious about promotion you simply don’t have Nuhiu as Plan B.

Our alternatives to Fletcher are looking limited and can’t see enough goals coming from midfield. Maybe it’s time to give Winnall a go?

My blood ran cold when Millwall were reduced to 10  men so early in the game. This is like a death-knell to Wednesday. We never play well when we have the man advantage. It's just as if the extra man gets in the way of the rest. Watching Wed. over many years, I have seen us play some cracking games when reduced to 10, but never when the advantage goes our way.

• Like 1

Let's simply put today into perspective shall we. 

Remember when wenger had the invincibles, pace technique the works. 

They'd still go to Bolton under big Sam and never beat them. 

They'd camp around their box, leave no space and just doggedly defend. 

Then hope for a corner, free kick or gaol on the break. 

It happens t the best of sides, teams have managed to do it to city and Liverpool too. 

We get this out of the way and go again. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Matthew Thomas said:

I’ll say it like it is, we should be beating the Millwall’s of this world when they have eleven on the field, to lose to them with ten is just a poor result. No excusing it. And to lose without really troubling the ten men of Millwall makes it worse. I know people are desperate for Bully to do well but be careful what you wish for, this is the same Wednesday team people have spent loads of time saying should be up there challenging for promotion.

We tend to always beat the big clubs at The Den (see our record v likes of Leeds, Villa, Derby, Forest, West Brom) and lose to the small ones like Burton, Barnsley and Rotherham. 

I guess Wednesday are getting bigger and better, as that's another defeat in Bermondsey. Previously, you did okay here, when you were more a yo-yo Championship / League One side. 

See, there is a silver lining!

11 minutes ago, Steve Down South said:

Our alternatives to Fletcher are looking limited and can’t see enough goals coming from midfield. Maybe it’s time to give Winnall a go?

I'd definitely preffered Sam up top today. 

Stubborn, abrasive, dogged, gets stuck in and works his socks off. 

He'd have put at least given the Millwall cb's something more to deal with than Rhodes & Nuhiu. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Steve Down South said:

Don’t disagree but what ‘different ‘ does winnall give you ?