A Nightmare on Jihadi John Street

darra

On 28/12/2019 at 10:45, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Bravo will be in next sunday with Scott Carson on the bench WTF:

Nightmare stuff

Not really an issue when the opposition don't have a shot on target.

1 hour ago, bradowl said:

I know they'll all be moaning about VAR saying they were robbed but from what I've seen of it he was just offside, they haven't had a single shot on target over 90 minutes though they have missed a couple of decent chances, City deserved winners in end. 

That’s certainly the case according to the statistics although if it had been us playing them, I think the header that hit the inside of City’s post and rolled along the goal line would have a bit of credence in my book. They must be gutted. :biggrin:

34 minutes ago, erowl said:

I'll tell you what, United & Wolves are playing some cracking good attacking football and both deserve to be where they currently are ... Both these managers will be in big demand soon IMO.

Nuno, yes. He’s foreign and has contacts. Wilder should be, but is English and therefore not glamorous enough for any of the big boys.

I think Wilder may suffer from the stigma of being a British coach and whether he can deal with higher paid players.

I doubt he will ever get a top 6 job. Even the likes of Everton are now seeing themselves as above the home grown managers. 

6 minutes ago, SiJ said:

I think Wilder may suffer from the stigma of being a British coach and whether he can deal with higher paid players.

I doubt he will ever get a top 6 job. Even the likes of Everton are now seeing themselves as above the home grown managers. 

This...……......…...its football snobbery , pure and simple.

If his name was Christian Vilder then Everton, Arsenal and West Ham would have been scrapping over him.

6 hours ago, sheriwozgod said:

This...……......…...its football snobbery , pure and simple.

If his name was Christian Vilder then Everton, Arsenal and West Ham would have been scrapping over him.

Nonsense.

Half a season doesn't make you hot property.

They're not gonna hire him based on his exploits below Prem level, and he's achieved nothing yet above the Championship.

The likes of Dyche and Howe would be well ahead of Wilder on any list of potential candidates.

There's a fair few cases, over the years, of clubs going up and having a fantastic season (against expectations), riding the crest of a wave. No one in their right mind would hire the Manager of one of these clubs, until he's had at least a couple of years (relative) success.

Edited by The Batman
  • Like 1

On 28/12/2019 at 18:32, SiJ said:

WTF are you going on about lol 

The "nor shall his sword sleep in his hand" was a euphemistic reference to Wilder's morbid addiction to self-abuse. lol

The fact the Wilder has signed club captains is one of the reasons the Blades gained promotion last season.

21 hours ago, SiJ said:

Yeah unfortunately this will be the case

Nobody wants to take a chance on Howe or Dyche either