Rate our business in this window out of 10

Guest HillsboroughOwlNI
6 minutes ago, Mycroft said:

A little concerned that we haven't replaced Hooper and Joao, with the introduction of the new wingers I guess it will be hoped they pick up the slack.

Shame we couldn't get Hector over the line but overall fairly happy with today's signings.

DC does love a good window. 

Can you still sign players that are unattached? We could always replace Hooper....

with Hooper?

Definitely happy with the incomings. Would have liked Hector but hey ho.

Should have moved Winnall and Rhodes out permanently and loaned out Van Aken, Penney, Baker.

The squad is too big still but definitely looking better especially with the pace we now have. 

I have been critical of the club but today's business deserves a well done.

WE have sorted the issues on the right side of midfield, strengthen the back line and central midfield.

it's a shame we couldn't get Rhodes out and a fee for him, but Norwich will be back when they find themselves bottom of the league at Xmas.

and finally well done for not allowing Chelsea to take the wee wee.

a good window for me 8.5/10.

• Like 1

Only 6/10. I’m afraid. 

Incoming players are reasonably OK but we have not addressed the glaring weakness at left back and the main target at centre half was missed.

Feel a trick was missed here by not managing to raise enough funds by moving on Rhodes or Winnall to enable the transfer in of Hector. I know little of David Dates but hope he proves good enough to up it to 7/10.

Guest HillsboroughOwlNI

I have to say 10/10. We kept the players we wanted (Westwood, Lee and Palmer). We signed some decent quality. Our squad is the most balanced it has been for as long as I remember. Pace, good age and experience mix, some height, some aggression, players with resale value. We’ve actually done it all with (possibly) a net transfer receipts and have shifted billions off the wage bill. What has impressed me most though, is DC finally appears to have got the hang of this game  and is a bit of a shrewd operator. 

Am I annoyed we didn’t get Hector? Only slightly, but expect to get him on a free/cut price deal in January.

2 minutes ago, Blatter said:

Only 6/10. I’m afraid. 

Incoming players are reasonably OK but we have not addressed the glaring weakness at left back and the main target at centre half was missed.

Feel a trick was missed here by not managing to raise enough funds by moving on Rhodes or Winnall to enable the transfer in of Hector. I know little of David Dates but hope he proves good enough to up it to 7/10.

Don't worry if we need him Hector will be a lot cheaper in January.

Murphy is a brilliant signing and will add both goals and assist to the team. 

8/10

We've sold a player for what is likely to be a record fee and added several new additions to the squad. 

The signings have addressed some long terms issues within this team and given us some depth/extra quality. All of this has been done for a modest amount/good use of the loan market.

Probably our strongest window since Mr Cs first summer one in 2015.

Reserve judgement til after 10/15 games 

Could be cracking signings or easily a disastrous ones

Strikers is a big concern and lb but now we have some pace on the wings and hopefully midfield can chip in with goals because our strike force is lacking 

I’ll go with 8. It would have been good to have sold a few more players, made some money and cleared the deadwood out. Particularly if Norwich would have come in for Rhodes and Van Aken would haven been off the books, but that was always going to be difficult. You can’t just sell players you don’t want, other clubs actually have to want to buy them. No star names or big money signings, but I like that. The thing that’s impressed me the most this season is we actually seem to be operating like a sensible club and that’s the only way we’ll get out of this division. Selling Joao wasn’t easy and a lot of fans aren’t going to be happy that we’re letting a talented player go to another club in the division but we have to sell players, we have to generate some sort of income. We’ve invested in areas we need to, not the constant conveyer belt of strikers we saw a few years ago that left us in this mess. We wasn’t bullied by Chelsea, they put an unreasonable price tag on Hector and we had an alternative lined up. Can’t say I disagree with anything we’ve done given the circumstances we’re in.

• Like 1

Good signings in areas that needed strengthening/competition. 

Great to get a decent figure for Joao, whilst addressing our 'top heavy' situation. 

Above all, happy to see DC sticking to his guns with Hector. 5mil is a silly price considering they've taken 8 for Luiz. He's shown he'll not give in to the big boys and he's learnt from the mistakes of over spending in the past. 

Overall a great transfer window, only negative I can think of is the fact we've not moved on any dead wood, but I think this will be addressed in the loan market shortly. 

Can't wait for Saturday now and the rest of the season! 

Come on Wednesday

6.5/7

Very close to a 7, lessons have been learned. Buliding a championship squad, with a decent sale chucked in, sees money running back into the club. 

Weve missed a couple of key areas, however, we now have a slightly better balanced squad, which gives us a chance. 

Just need a manager in place and we can move forward. 

Looking forward to a positive season. 

7 for me but considering we ended last season with doom and gloom merchants predicting a prolonged hard transfer embargo and a potential points deduction 7 out of 10 is more than reasonable.

Would have been higher with a new left-back and Hector but very impressed so far with Harris and Murphy, Odubajo and Luongo are all good players at this level. 

I would also have preferred to keep Joao and move on a couple of other strikers but got to accept we can only do this if acceptable bids are received and if the fee is a good one for Joao then we'd have been foolish to turn it down.