Rate our business in this window out of 10

Just put this in transfer thread so will repeat it here - 9 for me

Gotta be happy with that transfer window. Loads of big earners out in summer, talented but unreliable Joao sold for decent wedge whilst we’ve added much needed pace on the wings, a couple of solid centre backs, finally a box to box midfielder, and a decent full back with pace who can also play either side and as  winger. Best of all it’s cost us only (rumoured) £1 million plus whatever loan fees. Hector would’ve been great but not at the price quoted.

Absolutely no complaints from me.

• Thanks 1

Don't think anyone can have any issues with the business done.

OK, some may have wanted different strikers out before Joao but those funds made way for some very good incoming transfers.

You have to give SWFC a 10 on this one, because quite frankly we are heading in the right direction.

It would be 11 out of 10, but I kind of wanted a decent left back too.

26 minutes ago, basegreenowl said:

Very Hopeful. More competition and balance. 8/10. We should be decent. 

Agree, plus we've got youngsters in with pace. Given where we were 2 months ago I think it's been a very good window for us.

Delighted with a lot of business we have done. I think it would have been very difficult to improve on players brought in. WE still have loan slots available so if doing well at Christmas could further strengthen the team. I would give them an eight. Think if we had got one or two more out of the door we may have been able to get MH in and possible more.

Think we have best squad in terms of balance we have had for Championship.

I will go for 9.

Shame we missed out on Hector but I think that is actually a positive, would love to have him back but DC decided the price was too steep and walked away. Well done Mr C you are learning

Shame Winnall and Rhodes didn't get moved on, same with Van Aken and Fox.

We didn't sort out the LB position to my satisfaction but maybe Odubajo will fill that spot.

Incomings excellent on paper. Harris looks the business, Borner has impressed so far. Odubajo, got a good reputation but he's still got to prove himself, very early days so can't expect too much.

Todays signings are as good as we can reasonably expect. They strengthen us where we need it and give the squad more depth. I'll reserve judgement on whether they are great signings until they settle into the side and show us what they can do.

DC is becoming a bit of a hero, if he can get the right manager I might give him a round of applause at the next forum.

• Like 1

I would say an 8 given the circumstances of being in an embargo and no manager. 

We have brought in some decent players - Luongo and Harris especially look like good acquisitions. 

We have made a decent profit - Joao will no doubt come good and end up a £20million striker now, but that can't be helped. 

Kept Westwood, Lee, Palmer.

Got rid of a lot of expensive deadwood.

Sent Onomah back. Got and kept hold of Rhodes.

Sold Joao for a fair sum.

Brought in pace and width. Harris (better than Arrons) and Murphy (better than Boyd).

Strengthened midfield with Luongo. Surely going to be better than Abdi and Jones.

All good stuff.

One negative: missed out on Hector (but at £5m, I'm glad we did). But to counter this, we strengthened defence with Borner, Obubajo, and Bates.

And Kirby out on loan. Maybe more to follow next week.

Overall. 8/10.

Couldnt have expected much more considering FFP.

• Like 2