Rate our business in this window out of 10

To only spend a million and bring in the players we have is fantastic business. On top of Westwood, Palmer and Lee re-signing. 

And we’ve finally got Abdi, Jones, Boyd etc off the wage bill. 

On the flip side...disappointed to not get Hector (although admittedly 5m is scandalous), we didn’t sign a proper left back, plus we’re now lacking up top imo. Particularly if we’re playing 433 as Fletcher is the only one who can play the central role it seems. 

Lost 2 of our best goalscorers in Hooper/Joao and not replaced them. No signs Rhodes, Winnall or Nuhiu have it in them. For us at least. Fletcher doesn’t score many and it looks like FF will be a bit part player. 

Great window imo.

Sold a player that hasn't really done enough in 4 years and got a decent fee. Signed a handful of players, all at a decent age with years ahead of them, some with real potential for resale value. 

The signings we've made were the sort of signings we should have made 2 or 3 years ago when we were blowing money up the wall.

Really encouraging 

10 minutes ago, LittleG said:

6.5. Still need a left back, missed out on Hector and, if we are going as it seems with one up front, then we need more pace in that position; Nuihu, Rhodes and Winnall as back up to Fletcher means we are one paced in that area.

Yes. 6.5 - 7 is a more realistic score, although our forwards' wages meant that it was always going to be difficult to shift them.

We've got to hope that, freshly endowed with speedy wingers, Rhodes will start finding the net again.

1 hour ago, cowl said:

6 - fairly satisfied

We've brought much more pace into the team and that's a massive plus.

We've not addressed left back spot though, sadly, and we're also unable to move the likes of Rhodes, Winnall, van Aken, and Baker on.

Hopefully, we'll be able to do some of that in January.

We couldn't agree a deal for Hector either, and that's also very disappointing after his excellent season with us last year.

Börner's made a good start to his career with us though and let's see how Bates fairs over the next 9 months.

Luongo's a good signing I think.

Time to move on from Hector - yes he was good last season but it was never realistic and the money can be better spent elsewhere.  I have a feeling Borner is going to be good value.

Shifting Rhodes would have been a major plus but the lack of interest tells it’s own story - unfortunately just a disastrous signing in all levels we just have to swallow but I think DC has learnt. 

..overall it’s been a good day, especially when compared to TWs under Mandaric.  

Importantly there seems to be a strategy with it too and a recognition of what we have lacked - something that was crucially missing in CC’s second and third season and under JL.

12 minutes ago, IstillhateSteveBould said:

To only spend a million and bring in the players we have is fantastic business. On top of Westwood, Palmer and Lee re-signing. 

And we’ve finally got Abdi, Jones, Boyd etc off the wage bill. 

On the flip side...disappointed to not get Hector (although admittedly 5m is scandalous), we didn’t sign a proper left back, plus we’re now lacking up top imo. Particularly if we’re playing 433 as Fletcher is the only one who can play the central role it seems. 

Lost 2 of our best goalscorers in Hooper/Joao and not replaced them. No signs Rhodes, Winnall or Nuhiu have it in them. For us at least. Fletcher doesn’t score many and it looks like FF will be a bit part player. 

Good, accurate post this. I'm in agreement. A big shame about Hector but let's hope we can get him in January. My concern is also around the striker department. Rhodes, Winnall and Nuhiu are hardly prolific or dynamic enough. Fletch is quality on his day but won't get 20 goals. I'm delighted with the new signings but feel we'll just be short up front over the season. 

Biggest thing for me has been DC not being taken the pi55 out of - brilliant - we all wanted Hector back, but so glad we weren't held to random at £5m. Good business, makes a change for us to sign players in positions we needed rather than the CC days of just signing anyone. 

8/10 For incoming with only one out. Rhodes may play his part after all with some service. Midfield was my major concern and I think that is majorly improved. left back was not addressed due to nobody wanting our spare players or not wanting to pay for them.

Doesnt seem Mr C is in a rush to get a manager so good luck Bully lets see what you have got. UTO looking forward to Barnsley 

56 minutes ago, Athelwulf said:

Yes, because these signing were on a list compiled by an experienced, capable, if treacherous manager.

It makes you wonder what might have been had Fatso stayed.

Surprised we could attract em tbh, without a big name manager and a coach who doesn't have any contacts..and never played at a high level...( according to some of our more experienced fifa captains on here)

lol

As we kept Rhodes & Winnall, only a LB and DM unit would have made it 10/10. 

But we’ve done very well especially to keep within FFP control. 

Now we just need to persuade that world class manager to join us, *cough*Tedesco*cough* 

Done well - much better squad than what we finished with last year.

younger / faster / more wide players.

Rhodes could have gone for me but let’s see if he can chip in with some goals.

club has done well 

Guest REDAs_biG_piECE

When did this annoying obsession with using the term 'business' become a thing?

it just used to be called good old transfers and signings

6/10

Squad's much more balanced, but still slightly top heavy.

Don't know much about a few the new signings, so fingers crossed on those.

The more I read on Luongo, the more convinced I become that he'll be brilliant for us.

On the other hand, I think Murphy is pants tbh! But you never know, sometimes it just clicks and as with most transfers, there's always an irrational, big dose of optimism.

Overall, don't think we couldn't have done much better, barring selling at least 1 other striker and improving LB.

Edited by The Batman

8/10. Hector (at a sensible price), Rhodes out on loan for a £2m loan fee, and pacey/powerful loan striker to replace Joao would have made a perfect 10.

But every club always wants more, certainly can’t complain with this window. We’ve signed younger, fitter, stronger players for a fraction of what we’ve blown before, added much needed pace and competition in the right places with a more balanced squad, and we’ve made some decent cash.